[A16] Crate (v1.0) - A crate to put all your stuff in!

Started by Vendan, January 11, 2017, 11:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joaonunes

does this work with dead bodies?

What do I need to do to add this mod into an existing save? Add a line in the "components" list in the save file?

Those are my only two questions.
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

minakurafto

crate market values currently is 100, it's overpriced and can be exploited, since the cost only 5 wood (1.22/each)
so it only 6, if we count labour cost maybe 8-10 is appropriate rather than 100

Vendan

Quote from: joaonunes on January 13, 2017, 03:12:57 PM
does this work with dead bodies?

What do I need to do to add this mod into an existing save? Add a line in the "components" list in the save file?

Those are my only two questions.

Should work fine with dead bodies, though the icon rendering may not be right.  And it'll add the component itself as it needs, so no worries there.

Madman666

This mod is very cool for apparel storage, saving a LOT of space with all those mods adding more loot. The thing I wish would be added is 1-2 more tiers of crates, like stone and steel ones, that hold even more stuff. And an ability to install crate in a stockpile and set it in such way, that colonists will automatically bring items that fit filter criteria to pack into it, without designating every single item with a cursor. Either way your crate is very neat addition and the only way to win against huge piles of apparel. Thanks, Vendan!

minakurafto

the crate can be used as psuedo wheelbarrow, but with a lot of micro, like when hauling loot after raid.
5 wood cost is too low, maybe increase to 15 wood per crate
if we change the texture to a wheelbarrow, and make it unpick-upable and increase max capacity, we can get a pseudo wheelbarrow mod lol.150 kg Capacity and 100 wood cost(or whatever), can haul 7 stone chunk at a time/2 human corpse
it's basicly superbig version of the crate to haul corpse,chunk, or bulk material.
also the whellbarow can load a few fully loaded crate
currently it's possible to do that with a little tweak, but lack wheelbarrow texture for immersion

sirgzu

In terms of balance considering it takes 40 wood for an animal small box and how OP this crate is I think 100 wood would be more appropriate.

Now I noticed one my crates emptied itself somehow during the course of the game, now this is surely a bug as I didn't do anything with it and the stuff that was inside is nowhere to be found.

joaonunes

Quote from: Vendan on January 18, 2017, 12:14:12 AM
Should work fine with dead bodies, though the icon rendering may not be right.  And it'll add the component itself as it needs, so no worries there.

Alright, thanks :)
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Immaculatepasta

minakurafto

if unpack the crate to a place where full of items ( no place to unload) the items inside the crate will be stuck forever

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

vlad_1492

Very nice idea! 
Sure tidies up my storage areas.

One problem, every time I load the game the filters on all crates are reset.  If I don't remember to correct it then suddenly my Textiles/Furniture/Seeds crates get stuffed full of everything around them and have to be manually unpacked.

sirgzu

Would be handy if it was possible to see the i button or some way to get item informations, like quality for apparels etc.. (infused anyone?) makes it easier to know what to pack/unpack rather than emptying the crates everytime.

vlad_1492

New issue:
After recent reload, all crates stopped allowing pawns to pack anything.
Clear the filters, no change.
Empty the crate, no change.
Build a new crate- a ha!
Pawns can pack that one. 

Next reload, some but not all of the old crates won't let me *unpack* them either, so the stuff is locked up with no apparent way to access.

Also, no way to disassemble crate that I can see.

Hope this isn't coming across as negative. Love the idea, look forward to using it to keep sprawl under control and to make packing for caravans much easier.

sirgzu

Quote from: vlad_1492 on January 24, 2017, 02:34:53 AM
New issue:
After recent reload, all crates stopped allowing pawns to pack anything.
Clear the filters, no change.
Empty the crate, no change.
Build a new crate- a ha!
Pawns can pack that one. 

Next reload, some but not all of the old crates won't let me *unpack* them either, so the stuff is locked up with no apparent way to access.

Also, no way to disassemble crate that I can see.
You can unscrew those crates by removing that section of the save file
<li Class="ThingBag.ThingBagTasks"> ... </li>

BetaSpectre

IMO instead of the unpack feature there should just be a disassemble icon. The crates are pretty annoying TBH without that ability.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

死亡领主鸩毒

Quote from: Madman666 on January 18, 2017, 02:21:35 AM
This mod is very cool for apparel storage, saving a LOT of space with all those mods adding more loot. The thing I wish would be added is 1-2 more tiers of crates, like stone and steel ones, that hold even more stuff. And an ability to install crate in a stockpile and set it in such way, that colonists will automatically bring items that fit filter criteria to pack into it, without designating every single item with a cursor. Either way your crate is very neat addition and the only way to win against huge piles of apparel. Thanks, Vendan!

Totally Agree with this Addition, i would love to see a Mod with a actually packing system where u can make Large Crate Storages to spare some space and make nice looking Base Storages. Different sizes and material used for Crates for sure, in a game where Space travelling and stuff exist should be a Packing system perfectly fitting in here. Specially since u make Colonys.