[A16][MOD PACK] Fafnir Mod Pack 0.9.5 (18.01.17) SUSPENDED

Started by Fafn1r, January 11, 2017, 07:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fafn1r

Quote from: Calico on January 15, 2017, 02:51:47 PM
I've encountered same rather extreme FPS drops. Not sure what causes it, but from the start of the Night to roughly 3-4 hours into the night my FPS drops to 10-20FPS even on low speed. Once it's completly dark the FPS go back to 60. My potato might be getting a bit old, but i've been playing rimworld for a few years now and the only time i've seen such extreme drops was with a 4-5 years large old colony back on the TechTreeMiami Modpack back in Alpha 7. xD

Strange. Did you install the Caveworld Flora fix I posted several posts back? Do you get any errors when you turn on dev mode?

By the way - if you guys manage to build large colonies with lots of modded buildings, colonists wearing apparello armors, EPOE bionic supersoldiers - send me few screenshoots - I'll post them on the first page.

Turns out I missed some mods that are listed - like RT Fuse. I learned this the hard way, losing most of my tomato seeds after a Zzzzt!. :P

I'm also planning to completely remove embrasures for next release - what do you think?

Fafn1r

New release! v0.9.5

It requires starting new colony!

Make sure you follow installation instructions!

Made lots of changes. The mod pack is fully playable now, hopefully without any gamebreaking bugs. I'm doing a playthrough with it right now - if anyone joins - enjoy! ;D

Draxis

Hey, I've been playing and the mod pack is great, the seeds stuff really makes it difficult, but I'm glad I stuck with my current playthrough. Randy sent 72 manhunter rabbits in the beginning leading to the loss of all my three starting colonists, but others have helped us pull through. That said, I'm getting a weird error (log below) which pauses the game every few seconds. Not sure how to fix it and would appreciate some help since the game is unplayable right now.

Exception in RimWorld.ThinkNode_ConditionalCanDoConstantThinkTreeJobNow TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Combat_Realism.JobGiver_TakeAndEquip.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Combat_Realism.Detours_ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextConstantThinkTreeJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob(ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Gunblast

Have you looked at Medieval Times w/its CR patch?

Is there any reason I shouldn't add it to my game?

Fafn1r

Quote from: Draxis on January 21, 2017, 09:34:53 AM
Hey, I've been playing and the mod pack is great, the seeds stuff really makes it difficult, but I'm glad I stuck with my current playthrough. Randy sent 72 manhunter rabbits in the beginning leading to the loss of all my three starting colonists, but others have helped us pull through. That said, I'm getting a weird error (log below) which pauses the game every few seconds. Not sure how to fix it and would appreciate some help since the game is unplayable right now.

Pauses the game? Do you mean the log window appears? You can turn off automatic pop-up window in it's upper right corner. The bug seems to be related either to Combat Realism or Outfitter, most likely CR. If you can, report it on CR github, here: https://github.com/skyarkhangel/CombatRealism/issues.

Draxis

Will do. Also, I have disabled auto popup, but it throws that error every few seconds and then pauses time. I've mashed the time forward key and see the error count get up to the hundreds. Not sure what's causing it.

xBaloo

Fafn1r

Quote from: xBaloo on January 23, 2017, 07:44:14 AM
Amazing Mod Pack. Very good work, thank you.

Thank you :D

FYI next release may be pushed back a little. Lots of my free time lately is taken by Stars in Shadow. :P

Fafn1r

Quote from: Gunblast on January 21, 2017, 03:39:22 PM
Have you looked at Medieval Times w/its CR patch?

Is there any reason I shouldn't add it to my game?

If it has a CR patch, go ahead and report back if it works. :P
I may add Medieval Times in the future. May, because I'm on the fence about it. Damage calculation in Rimworld is not complex enough to have plate mail and kevlar in the same setting. It ends up with plate being sometimes better protection from bullets than modern armors.

Quote from: xBaloo on January 23, 2017, 07:44:14 AM
Amazing Mod Pack. Very good work, thank you.

Thank you :D

FYI next release may be pushed back a little. Lots of my free time lately is taken by Stars in Shadow and Unity. :P

ssauraabi

First thing I've ever gotten for Rimworld that's not directly on the Workshop.  Excited to try out all of these things and learn how to use them effectively.

Gunblast

So far it's been working without error.

Is there anything in particular I should keep an eye out for while testing?

ssauraabi

Yep, it's awesome.  I haven't run into any problems whatsoever.  Miss my hauler bots and Feral attacks, but it's understandable.  Hadn't seen the Alpha Animals one, that looks sick.  Anyway, thanks for the work packaging this all up.  It's been great.

Fafn1r

Quote from: Gunblast on January 24, 2017, 04:30:08 PM
Is there anything in particular I should keep an eye out for while testing?

Plenty :)

• Calling me out on stupid changes, like removing 1x4 hydroponics. It's a pain to manage lots of 1x1 ones, especially if there are power conduits under them.
  • Pointing out things that have wrong bulk or mass values.
  • Pointing out things that seem imbalanced - power costs, $ values, nutrition.
  • Reporting Combat Realism related bugs - pawns picking up clothes when they shouldn't, sieges spawning without steel.
  • If you are playing in a forest, are predators dominating the map after some time?
  • Outfitter - is it working at all? I suspect a conflict with Combat Realism.
  • Miniaturisation - do you want to be able to move everything or should I make it more realistic?
  • What mods would you like to see included?

Haplo's Robots are incompatibile with Combat Realism - if you want to see it in, keep an eye on compatibility patch.

ssauraabi

Quote from: Fafn1r on January 25, 2017, 04:25:44 AM

• Pointing out things that have wrong bulk or mass values.
  • Miniaturisation - do you want to be able to move everything or should I make it more realistic?
  • What mods would you like to see included?

• Non-farm mod meals still stack at 10.  Not sure if that's intentional.
  • Miniaturisation is good the way it is, but the repair bench doesn't move.
  • There's a mod for making dogs pack animals which is pretty cool, but it has a bug where trade caravans won't sell you dogs because they treat them as pack animals, ergo not up for sale.
  • Efficient Light by Rimfire puts the standing lamps at 25w which seems more in line with the other lighting
  • Cheaper Components by PhinoChemicali if it doesn't feel too cheaty.  I mainly use it for the time reduction rather than the cost reduction
  • Dub's Bad Hygiene pack might work.  I'll give it a try on my next colony.
Really, though, those suggestions are mainly tweaks.  The pack works really well and is enjoyably playable as it is currently.

Gunblast

Mods to consider adding to the pack:

- Melee Hunting
- JT Zone Buttons (It's a huge quality of life improver)
- Colony Leadership (Haven't seen any issues yet while running it in tandem with your pack.
   However, it may not fit the game balance you're trying to build)
- L-Traits
- Beautiful Weapons (High quality weapons don't have negative beauty)
- Path Avoid
- Mad Skills (Removes skill degradation)
- Wargs Eat Corpses
- GHXX Tech Advancing (I love starting tribal and working up to spacer)
- Same Spot
- Moody (Best mod I've ever used. I recommend trying it out yourself before throwing out the idea)
- Bridges and Fishindustry patch