[A16] Rainbeau's Fertile Fields

Started by dburgdorf, January 12, 2017, 05:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterVertigo

Quote from: dburgdorf on June 12, 2017, 01:26:43 AM
Any sort of meat (and any sort of vegetable matter) can be used to create compost. And any meat or vegetable matter that sits out long enough will become rotten meat or rotten mush, at the point at which in vanilla RimWorld it would simply disappear. And any sort of rotten material can also be used to create compost.

This is what got me; I didn't realize that once it went bad this mod would keep it around, and that is what was used. I kept playing last night and I got a heat wave that caused some of the meals and stuff in my food freezer to go bad and that is when I figured it out.

Along the same lines as SpaceDorf, I also discovered the new bill on the Crematorium that allowed compost be made by burning up bodies. That was a GREAT boost to my fertilizer supply.

Thank you both!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Duftmand

Is this the mod where the fertilizer machine comes from? If so, how does it actually work? there's something with the hopper not wanting to connect to the machine itself and a lot of seemingly very complicated actions you can toggle in the bottom.. If it isn't your creation, might you know who made the mod?

dburgdorf

Please note that this thread (as indicated in its subject line) is for the obsolete a16 version of my mod. The current version has its own thread.

But to address your question, no, the "fertilizer machine" doesn't come from "Fertile Fields." It is added to the game by "Vegetable Garden."
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?