[A16] Slept in the cold Thought Rework

Started by Khell, January 13, 2017, 12:26:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khell

Apologies for the awful picture; I made it in Paint at 4am. :)

Requires

Description
When colonists sleep, they receive the "Slept in the cold" debuff based on if they weren't wearing all of their clothing. The room can be 10C and you can be insulated up to -127C and still receive "Slept in the cold" as apparently colonists would prefer to be cold even when it is within their means to sleep comfortably.

This mod changes this behaviour so that they do in fact wear their clothes to sleep. Instead of slept in the cold, there are now three stages of increasingly worsening debuffs:

• Slept in clothes (-2), when the room is below the original threshold.
  • Slept in clothes uncomfortably (-5), when the room is 70% below their Gear's minimum comfortable temperature.
  • Slept in near death conditions (-8). when the room is 100% below their Gear's minimum comfortable temperature.
In some cases this reduces the difficulty whilst increasing it in other cases. You can also adjust the mood effect modifiers via the Mod Settings menu provided by HugsLib.

Download
Available on Steam Workshop and Dropbox.

Detours
RimWorld.Toils_LayDown.LayDown (static method)

Source
On Github.

License
You may include it in a modpack, but please give credit.

eternalglory

awsome!!:)
Can you make downloaded from forum?

XeoNovaDan

Zebukin

Yay! thanks. The right way!
It was so aanoying when pawn had -120° clothes and still sleep in the cold.

Also, I think, bed can give little temperature bonus.
Basic +5° warm for wooden bed. And -5 for stone bed, -8 for metallic bed when room is cold enough, colder than 32°C in the case of stone basic bed (because our body is 36—37° and we should love thermodynamic ;)

The quality will increase it a bit: legendary wooden +11°, legendary metallic -13°, only if room 13° colder than body? so the ingame default 21°C is ok.

Sadly we still making beds without fabrique or wool, so they haven`t temperature and quality bonuses.

Zebukin

Also will it have GitHub/nonDRM release?

p.s. no matter what the picture, because you`ve made right mod

DDC1234

Khell

Have added a direct download link.

Quote from: Zebukin on January 13, 2017, 05:13:00 AM
Yay! thanks. The right way!
It was so aanoying when pawn had -120° clothes and still sleep in the cold.

Also, I think, bed can give little temperature bonus.
Basic +5° warm for wooden bed. And -5 for stone bed, -8 for metallic bed when room is cold enough, colder than 32°C in the case of stone basic bed (because our body is 36—37° and we should love thermodynamic ;)

The quality will increase it a bit: legendary wooden +11°, legendary metallic -13°, only if room 13° colder than body? so the ingame default 21°C is ok.

Sadly we still making beds without fabrique or wool, so they haven`t temperature and quality bonuses.

Great ideas I like them, thank you for sharing! :) I'll see what I can do.