Blueprint/FrameCode not Working

Started by Neros, January 13, 2017, 04:51:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neros

Hello there

So the masterfile has gotten some new changes a couple of days ago.

This is one of the files that has been changed. There are others, but they are all suffering from the same problem, so I just choosed one.
https://github.com/RimWorld-zh/RimWorld-English/blob/master/DefInjected/ThingDef/Buildings_Furniture.xml

The lines I am having problems with in question are the Blueprint and Frame lines.

Example:
  <Bed_Blueprint.label>bed (blueprint)</Bed_Blueprint.label>
  <Bed_Frame.label>bed (building)</Bed_Frame.label>

These lines have been translated into Danish, but in the game the changes aren't showing up (see screenshot).
The specific code in the example, have been translated like to this:

<Bed_Blueprint.label>seng (plan)</Bed_Blueprint.label>
    <Bed_Frame.label>seng (bygger)</Bed_Frame.label>

Kind Regards
Neros

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

nalthe

We've got Blueprints in one file: https://github.com/Ludeon/RimWorld-Polish/blob/master/DefInjected/ThingDef/_ThingDef_BlueprintsAndFrames.xml - not in main files - and they are working right. Did you try using that configuration?
A place where Thrumbo come from:
RimWorld Polska
...and where they are going to:
Facebook fanpage

Neros

Well, the master file has the Blueprint and the Frame code with the def's label and description so that should work.. I think.

I tried copying the file and all the code into my folder, but it didn't implement the changes. Even after a reload of the language and a restart of the program it self.

I even tried deleting all other Def's and keyed files in my danish translation folder, leaving only your file. And it just refuses to implement the changes.

Just tried something though:
I cloned the polish files from Github and placed it into Rimworld and loaded the whole thing, and with that, it translates the "problem" just fine.
How is this possible? 0.o How can it load it properly with one language and not with another?? Shouldn't they load the same way?

nalthe

They should - German translation works the same way. Maybe there are some files that are required so Blueprints work and you don't have them? For me very helpful was that tool for translators in Rim - it shows which tags are e.g. in wrong place, what is missing, what is added needlessly - and it helped me with Blueprints too. So I think you should focus on launching it - it can solve all of your problems (sounds like advertisement, but... yeah, it's nice).

And wait, maybe I try to get logs from you translation.
RimWorld Polska
Facebook fanpage

nalthe

Ok, here is the file with logs. You should fix all of that tags so the translation works fine. Of course I took the translation from your master.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
RimWorld Polska
Facebook fanpage

Neros

I just went through the polish and danish folder to try and figure out what in the world was the difference. And I have found it.

Apparently, the thing that decides if it sais "Blueprint" or "Building" isn't the in DefInjected at all, but in the Keyed folder in the Misc file. So I have finally found the fix for it!!

However, I tried deleting the "_ThingDef_BlueprintsAndFrames.xml" file, and apparently nothing happened. So what decides if it is "Blueprint" or "Building" is in Keyed and not in DefInjected. So that extra code in DefInjected doesn't do anything at all.