[1.0] XND's RimWorld Mods - Updated 2019-10-06

Started by XeoNovaDan, January 13, 2017, 10:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeoNovaDan

Okay people, I've updated the mods that I've wanted to update, and thrown in 4 new mods.

Four new mods have also been added to the list:
- Fewer Inferno Cannons
- Randomisable Sea Ice
- Skill Overhead
- Xeo's Genetically Engineered Plants

Enjoy! :)

XeoNovaDan

I've gone through and updated all XML patches in all of my mods that use XML patches (except EPOE: Rebalanced) to be inside PatchOperationSequences since this speeds up loading times.

Namsan's also provided an updated Japanese translation for Vanilla-Friendly Weapon Expansion, as well as a translation for Simple Plastic!

Shooting Skill Enhanced has also seen some minor red shifting since 'Master' is now level 14 instead of 13.

Harry_Dicks

You should maybe updates the titles on the individual posts. :) For example, I wouldn't have known you updated your animal surgery mod workout checking here first, which I think will happen to others.

Thanks for all of your hard work. It is much appreciated! ;D

XeoNovaDan

Good shout, and thank you too! It's not often that somebody voices their thoughts in my experience. :P

Harry_Dicks

You have so many great little QoL additions, so I think a lot more people use them, than there people that post. It would be cool if you could have someone with C# knowledge combine them all into one, that could be toggled with mod options, like ED-Enhanced Options did with good. But I am not versed in C# myself, so I can understand if that is beyond your scope :)

wwWraith

I'd second this, with so many QoL mods I have it's really hard now to remember which of them are from you to update :D
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

XeoNovaDan

@wwWraith With the newest versions of my mods, they've got '[XND]' before the mod name when looking at them in the mod menu, so they'll be easier to tell apart. ;)

Mufflamingo

Okay since I am stubborn even though I read that you will not update it, I'm still going to ask if you will never really update hand n footwear mod.  :'(
Bleeeee. . . . .

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Mufflamingo on January 24, 2018, 10:41:03 AM
Okay since I am stubborn even though I read that you will not update it, I'm still going to ask if you will never really update hand n footwear mod.  :'(

Aren't they all just xml mods? If so, you could update it yourself if you are willing to dedicate some time to figure out the xml. It really isn't too hard once you've played around with it.

Between Notepad++, ModSwitch, and quick starts, it makes it very easy to keep going in and fixing any errors you might run into with the godly ability of "Find in Files" function from Notepad++. I'm sure other programs have it, but that along with the replace tool that you can use to replace things within an entire batch of files, is super convenient and saved me an unknowingly huge amount of time.

XeoNovaDan

I've now updated my layout from a list to a table in a bid to make things slightly cleaner and more compact since the amount of mods I'm maintaining at this point's getting pretty ridiculous!

Mehni

XeoNovaDan

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
Not necessary if using Combat Extended since CE also patches the incendiary launcher. No other known incompatibilities.

Download
GitHub
Steam

Back to my other mods.

Overview
Ever got tired of having to micromanage with crafting spots, animal sleeping spots or the like just to cremate a pile of corpses, cause a wildfire or roast those nasty sleeping insects? This mod's for you!

All that Aim Incendiary Anywhere does is allow you to manually aim the incendiary launcher, just like what can be done with molotov cocktails.

Enjoy this little quality of life improvement!

Credits
Marnador for their RimWorld-style font.

License
As is standard with my mods: you may include this mod in a mod pack, and you may derive from this, but please inform me if you're doing so either through Steam or Ludeon Forums, and give credit where credit's due.

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
This mod will be redundant if you have Combat Extended active since this mod does basically the same thing to materials and armor vests as that does, albeit with a different spin on balance.

Not save-friendly; a new game has to be started for this to function properly, or alternatively save editing if adding this to an existing save.

If you find any bugs, please link me to a full output log and give some basic information on how you triggered the bug; this is vital information for me to be able to fix said bugs.

Download
GitHub (source)
Steam

Back to my other mods.

Overview
Stuffed Flaks is a very simple mod that allows you to make Flak Vests, Flak Pants and Flak Jackets out of any 'Metallic' material in the game, whether it be vanilla or modded. Flak equipment will retain their old insulation ratings, but their base armor ratings have been replaced with the 'Material Effectiveness Multiplier' system.

Stuffed Flaks are currently balanced as follows:

• Flak Vest - 1x material effectiveness multiplier
  • Flak Pants - 0.4x material effectiveness multiplier
  • Flak Jacket - 0.6x material effectiveness multiplier

As for how these changes are reflected in actual gameplay, this is how the resistance stats (Sharp / Blunt / Heat) for each piece of flak equipment equipment compares to vanilla per material:

Material                         Vest                         Pants                         Jacket
Vanilla100 / 36 / 2740 / 8 / 1040 / 8 / 10
Steel90 / 45 / 7236 / 18 / 2954 / 27 / 43
Plasteel126 / 63 / 10850 / 25 / 4376 / 38 / 65
Uranium108 / 54 / 9043 / 22 / 3665 / 32 / 54
Silver72 / 36 / 3629 / 14 / 1443 / 22 / 22
Gold72 / 36 / 3629 / 14 / 1443 / 22 / 22

Credits
Marnador for the RimWorld-style font.

License
As is standard with my mods: you may include this mod in a mod pack, and you may derive from this, but please inform me if you're doing so through Ludeon Forums (preferably) or the Steam Comments Section, and give credit where credit's due.

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
This mod will naturally be made redundant by Combat Extended by NoImageAvailable since that overhauls the combat system entirely. This will also conflict with the RWWB project by Kinjry does a thing, although that seems unlikely to be updated to B18.

Should work fine with other mods though.

Download
GitHub
Steam

Back to my other mods.

Overview
Exact Changes:
Accuracy (touch): 40% -> 58%
Accuracy (short): 43% -> 63%
Accuracy (medium): 38% -> 56%
Accuracy (long): 32% -> 46%
Range: 9 -> 12.9

Note: Only 'touch' and 'short' accuracy ratings are relevant to the chain shotgun since its range is so short.

Full Description:
We all know how terrible the chain shotgun is in vanilla, barely being a step up from the pump shotgun in terms of damage output, all while having a heavily cut-down maximum range; more research investment and being more difficult to produce. The chain shotgun's range is so short that melee units can easily close in once they even get within chain shotgun range, and the chain shotgun wielder will be beaten to a pulp or chopped into pieces in hilarious fashion since they can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Chances are that by the time you have crafters capable of producing chain shotguns of quality levels high enough to make it remotely acceptable in terms of accuracy, chances are that everybody in your colony will have superior weapon types such as... I dunno; assault rifles and charge rifles perhaps?

To add to that: even if a pawn does get within shooting distance of their target with the chain shotgun, testing shows that the machine pistol will consistently beat the chain shotgun in head-on fights. Bear in mind that the machine pistol can be scavenged very early on, has a much longer range and is also much easier to produce.

With all of that considered, the chain shotgun is all but redundant, right? After all, it can't even compete with the bargain basement machine pistol, let alone weapons in its own price bracket such as the heavy SMG - arguably even the pistols are better owing to their superior range!

This mod makes the chain shotgun a more feasible option by making it considerably more accurate and increasing its range to match that of hand grenades. Now it offers generally superior or at least comparable damage output to the heavy SMG while still being balanced with inferior range, but not to the point where melee can easily close after one burst. Besides, the shooters might finally be able to hit something!

Credits
Marnador for their RimWorld-style font.

License
As is standard with my mods: you may include this mod in a mod pack, and you may derive from this, but please inform me if you're doing so either through here or Ludeon Forums, and give credit where credit's due.