[1.0] XND's RimWorld Mods - Updated 2019-10-06

Started by XeoNovaDan, January 13, 2017, 10:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
Should work fine with any other mod that doesn't change the commonality of the inferno cannon. I'm not aware of any other mod that does this.

Download
GitHub
Steam

Back to my other mods.

Overview
Fewer Inferno Cannons is a simple mod that halves the commonality weighting for the inferno cannon used by centipedes, while not actually making the weapon itself any less dangerous.

If you've had any significant mechanoid raids, you'd probably also be thinking that the amount of inferno cannons compared to heavy charge blasters or miniguns is indeed a tad high, considering that inferno cannons are also arguably the most dangerous weapons that centipedes have, essentially making the tank unit arguably more of a direct threat than the glass cannon Scythers.

The reason why I ultimately went ahead with this mod though is because incendiary launchers have their commonality turned down, so I didn't really see why inferno cannons shouldn't be treated the same, since the latter is the mechanoid equivalent of the former.

Credits
Marnador for their great RimWorld-style font.

License
As is standard with my mods: you may include this mod in a mod pack, and you may derive from this, but please inform me if you're doing so either through here or Ludeon Forums, and give credit where credit's due.

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
Should be safely addable to existing savegames. There may be issues removing this from existing savegames if there are forbidden debris chunks around, but this has been untested.

There shouldn't be any mod conflicts.

If you find any bugs, please link me to a full output log and give some basic information on how you triggered the bug; this is vital information for me to be able to fix said bugs.

Download
GitHub (source)
Steam

Back to my other mods.

Overview
Forbiddable Debris is a relatively simple mod that allows you to forbid stone chunks and steel slag chunks.

This'll be useful for if you have a defense setup that happens to use either slag chunks or stone chunks, but your smelters/stonecutters keep converting the debris into raw resources. While the mentioned case is circumventable via stockpile and bill ingredient radius micromanagement, that can get painful in certain cases, so that's where this mod steps in as a Quality of Life improvement.

Disclaimer: With this mod active, debris chunks will look different. This is because with the default draw mode that debris chunks use, the forbidden cross won't be shown which'd make it tedious to distinguish forbidden chunks from unforbidden chunks; this mod makes it so that debris chunks are drawn like your standard items.

Credits
Marnador for the RimWorld-style font.

License
As is standard with my mods: you may include this mod in a mod pack, and you may derive from this, but please inform me if you're doing so through Ludeon Forums (preferably) or the Steam Comments Section, and give credit where credit's due.

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
I'm not aware of any mods that this mod currently conflicts with.

Downloads
GitHub
Steam

Back to my other mods.

Overview
Improved Anesthetic gives anesthetic a recovery process after the patient wakes up from their anesthesia, making anesthetic more realistic. Anesthetic has now been split into the following stages:

Sedated: The patient is unconscious during this stage, and they also won't feel any pain. Lasts 6 hours like vanilla.

Woozy: Limits consciousness to 70% and significantly reduces physical capacity but the patient is also high during this period, giving them a positive thought. Vomiting is quite frequent, and the patient may also be forgetful and break down in confusion. Lasts another 6 hours.

Recovering: Limits consciousness to 90% and slightly reduces physical capacity, and the high is over. The patient may still vomit, have some memory lapses, and go on random walkabouts, but this is significantly less likely to happen than during the 'Woozy' stage. Lasts anywhere from 6 to 42 hours.

Credits
Marnador for their great RimWorld font.

License
As is standard with my mods: you may include this mod in a mod pack, and you may derive from this, but please inform me if you're doing so either through here or Ludeon Forums, and give credit where credit's due.

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
I haven't patched any animal mods to be rebalanced yet, but they'll still work fine. Dinosauria's animals have already been calculated on the spreadsheet used to calculate the combat power ratings though so expect an update for that in the future.

This mod should work fine with other mods such as Hardworking Animals and Animal Logic.

In theory, this can also be added to and removed from existing savegames without issue since it only patches Combat Power values for animal PawnKindDefs.

Download
GitHub
Steam

Back to my other mods.

Overview
This little project is one I undertook because some of the 'combat power' ratings for animals seemed way off for how effective those animals are in combat. Examples include wild boars and insects having a lower combat power rating than what they're worth, and boomalopes having a combat power rating that's higher than what they're worth. The changes here affect both manhunter packs and infestations.

As a result, boars are now worth 80 points rather than 55; megascarabs are 55 rather than 40; spelopedes are 165 rather than 75; megaspiders are 270 rather than 150. Boomalopes are 65 rather than 95 since they're slow, large, fragile and have a tendency to chain react. Many other animals were changed too though.

What's factored into the new formula for 'Combat Power' ratings:

• Movement speed relative to a baseline human
  • Total coverage of parts that directly and indirectly affect movement
  • Body size's impact on ranged accuracy
  • Health scale (multiplier of body part HP and pain to incapacitate)
  • Total coverage of parts that may cause death when destroyed
  • Effective damage reduction for sharp and blunt damage
  • Damage per second (DPS)

Here's just the spreadsheet for those that want to perhaps patch or amend to their animal mods or something like that - maybe even experiment with or come up with a better formula. Do note that for animals like boomrats, their explosion wasn't factored in; I added a value on myself.

For those that don't know what 'combat power' ratings do: the size of a manhunter pack, like raids, is determined by using 'points' which is influenced by colony wealth; population and how long the colony's been around for. Think of the points as a budget, which the game uses to 'buy' hostiles to attack your colony. The higher a pawn's 'combat power' rating, the more they cost when using this analogy.

While one can argue that the new combat power ratings that this mod introduces are purely from a theoretical standpoint whereas vanilla's combat power ratings are based on results from practise, the 'battle royale' mode used to test the latter is completely random in terms of pawn pairings and therefore results will be skewed to varying degrees. I tried my best to ensure a mostly accurate replication of in-game conditions in the new formula though.

Credits
Marnador for their wild RimWorld-style font.

License

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
This mod will mess up work priorities on existing savegames as it does still make a change in the work tab, regardless of how small it is. Advised to screenshot your colony work priorities before applying this mod. It won't break existing saves though.

This mod will work fine with Fluffy's Work Tab.

This mod shouldn't conflict with any other mod ever, as it uses XML patching.

Download
GitHub
Steam

Back to my other mods.

Overview
This mod is no more than a couple of XML patches that makes it so that 'Growing' shows as the relevant skill for the job 'Plant Cutting' in the work tab.

What does this mean? No more designating your every-withdrawal-under-the-sun, bad back, frail, level 0 growers who will take 10 years to cut down a Poplar tree, unless you really want them to die of Malnutrition when they're 50% done. It also generally makes the Work tab feel more complete as Growing does technically bear relevance to plant cutting in terms of speed, and success chance in the case of harvesting things like berries, or designated crops.

Credits
Marnador for their neat RimWorld-style font.
Shotgunfrenzy for kindly making the artwork for the thumbnail!

License

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
This mod may conflict with other mods that alter MeleeWeapon_Cooldown and RangedWeapon_Cooldown in Stats_Weapons_Melee.xml and Stats_Weapons_Ranged.xml respectively, but I don't know of any mods that modify these two StatDefs.

Works with modded weapons too since this modifies both cooldown StatDefs.

Downloads
GitHub
Steam

Back to my other mods.

Overview
A gun's build quality and condition should affect how well their mechanical parts work and the build quality of a melee weapon should affect how well-balanced or streamlined it is, right?

Well, this relatively small mod does exactly that: a weapon's build quality, whether it be melee or ranged, now has a subtle effect on their cooldown (the time to recover between attacks), and the latter is also affected by the condition of the weapon; a gun or bow in poor condition is going to have worse-performing mechanical parts than if they were in pristine condition.

Another effect that this mod has is that quality bears some relevance to weapons with forced miss radius: you'll now notice a group killing efficiency increase with a higher quality minigun over a lower quality minigun, for example.

Melee weapons benefit less from quality than ranged weapons as melee weapons get a direct damage increase anyway, but ranged weapons get penalized by condition whereas melee weapons stay consistent cooldown-wise regardless of condition.

Credits
Marnador for their quality RimWorld-style font.

License

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
Will work with any other mod that doesn't remove the 'canAutoChoose=false' tag from Sea Ice. There's not a single mod that does this, so this mod is therefore compatible with all other mods.

Download
GitHub
Steam

Back to my other mods.

Overview
Tired of not being able to pick a random sea ice tile when randomising tiles for your freezing cold planet for your challenging sea ice run? This mod's for you!

OK, as the above pretty much stated, this is a niche mod aimed at experienced players and challenge seekers who'd like the ability to be able to randomly select Sea Ice tiles. Yes, in vanilla, there's an XML tag which prevents you from being able to roll a Sea Ice tile when randomly selecting; this mod simply removes that tag through the power of one xpatch.

Do note that, possibly due to faction base selection weight, your chances of rolling sea ice will still be fairly low compared to ice sheet and tundra - or other biomes if on warmer planets - so it will take a fair few rolls. However, this mod at least makes it possible.

Credits
Marnador for their ice-cool RimWorld-style font.
Cliparting for the free dice clipart used in the thumbnail - shame on me, I know.

License

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
Should work fine with every other mod out there.

Download
GitHub
Steam

Back to my other mods.

Overview
Relevant Mechanoid Surgery does pretty much what is said on the tin: make the 'mechanoid surgery success chance' stat relevant again!

In Beta 18, there's a multiplier on the operation bill for scyther blade removal that makes it impossible to fail. This means that it doesn't matter if Urist Mc. SuperBionicLevel20Crafting performed the blade removal, or if the guy in the thumbnail did the removal; it'd always be a success.

That completely trivialises the acquisition of scyther blades and therefore gain of silver, maybe other than the RNG element of whether the blades get damaged or not. That's not fun at all and imbalances the game.

This mod makes it so that scyther blade removal has a standard success rate multiplier, so failure of removing scyther blades is possible again and what you see with the 'mechanoid surgery success chance' stat is what you get!

Enjoy!

Credits
Marnador for their great RimWorld-style font!

License

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
In theory, this should work with the 'Save Our Ship' mod. This hasn't been tested though.

Other mods should work fine.

Download
GitHub
Steam

Back to my other mods.

Overview
Ship Parts Refactored (SPR) changes the vanilla escape ship parts in three ways.

First Off: SPR reverts the Ship Reactor, Structural Beam, Ship Engine and Computer Core back to their pre-B18 sizes, since their resizing makes their existing textures look stretched out and generally quite ugly. The Sensor Cluster which was introduced with B18 has also been shrunk to 1x1 to match the Computer Core.

Secondly: Ship part flammability has been reduced from 100% to 10%. Seriously, this ship is meant to be able to survive re-entering a planet's atmosphere; if it were completely flammable, it'd disintegrate into dust from the moment that it enters the atmosphere and starts burning up. Also, something that's mostly made of steel and plasteel shouldn't have the flammability of wood in general.

Finally: Costs for the ship parts have generally been significantly cut down. As it stands in vanilla Beta 18, there's generally quite a lengthy and therefore tedious resource grind to get the required materials for the spaceship parts; this is neither necessary or engaging in the slightest and unnecessarily stretches out the end-game. This mod significantly cuts down that need to grind.

Ship parts will still generally be expensive compared to other structures of their size, meaning that they're still by no means ridiculously cheap. The table below is a comparison between vanilla ship part costs and the refactored costs:

Credits
Granitecosmos for feedback with some of the balancing.
Marnador for their great work with the RImWorld-style font.

License
You may use this mod in your mod packs, and you may also derive from the mod. All that I ask is that you please let me know, and give me credit and provide a link to this forum post.

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
This mod will conflict with Draw A Bead.

Shooting Skill Enhanced can safely be added to an existing savegame, but there will be issues with removing it from an existing savegame if there are any pawns with the 'Proficient Fighter' trait.

Shooting Skill Enhanced will be fully compatible with any other mod however, including Combat Extended.

Downloads
GitHub
Steam

Back to my other mods.

Overview
Shooting Skill Enhanced makes a person's shooting skill and well-being have a direct effect on their aiming time with ranged weapons, and adds a new trait called 'Proficient Fighter'.

In the past, this used to be an extensive refactoring of the post-processing curve, but that aspect has now been made fully redundant in Beta 18, hence that aspect now being cut from the mod - this is now effectively just a more subtle version of 'Draw A Bead' with a trait on top.

People that are less than level 6 in shooting will gradually take longer to aim since they've had far less experience with a ranged weapon (0 barely knows which end of a gun to hold), and vice-versa for those higher than level 9 since they've had more experience. Manipulation has a significant weight on aiming time too until 120%, and sight has a smaller weight until 150%.

Proficient Fighter is an uncommon trait which increases a person's shooting and melee skill by 3 levels each. It also isn't mutually exclusive with trigger-happy, careful shooter or brawler.

Credits
Love and Skullywag for helping with technical issues.
Marnador for their awesome RimWorld font.
The Community for suggestions on how to improve this! :)

License

XeoNovaDan

Multilingual Support
サポート日本語 (by Namsan)

Compatibility
This mod can safely be added to existing savegames, but issues may arise if you remove this from an existing savegame if there are any plastic items, plastic, or plastic flooring present.

Will conflict with Titanium+. If you prefer this mod's version of plastic, place this below Titanium+ in the load order.

I'm not aware of any other mods that this may conflict with.

If you find any bugs, please link me to a full output log and give some basic information on how you triggered the bug; this is vital information for me to be able to fix said bugs.

Download
GitHub (source)
Steam

Back to my other mods.

Overview
Simple Plastic is a mod that adds plastic to RimWorld as a standalone item, along with the ability to produce synthread.

Barky's Showcase!

Plastic can acquired through the following ways:

• Production: Using a refinery to directly convert 70 logs/food items to 63 plastic. Somewhat quicker than converting said organics to chemfuel, then chemfuel to plastic.
  • Production: Using a refinery to convert 35 chemfuel to 70 plastic.
  • Trade: Purchased from bulk goods traders.
  • Scavenging: Found in cargo pods.

Both production methods require 'plastic' - a 900 point, industrial level research project - to be researched.

In terms of how good plastic is as a material, it serves as an intermediary between wood and steel. It fulfills the niche of being an easily producible material in the industrial era of the game which is also fairly lightweight and therefore good for building temporary structures or the first iteration of an outpost. Plastic counts as a 'metallic' material, meaning that it can be used in the production of helmets, turrets and so on, but it's naturally going to be worse in these roles than steel.

Plastic can also be used along with cloth to produce synthread at a tailoring bench. This in turn requires a spacer-level research project to be completed, along with at least a level 8 crafter. Much like component production from steel; synthread production from cloth and plastic isn't economically ideal. 40 cloth and 20 plastic makes 16 synthread.

Finally, there's plastic flooring which requires 2 pieces of plastic and is quicker to lay than concrete, but is also ugly like concrete and slightly flammable.

Credits
Mehni - for saving me from a massive headache over getting synthread production working
Marnador - for their amazing RimWorld style font

License
As is standard with my mods: you may include this mod in a mod pack, and you may derive from this, but please inform me if you're doing so through Ludeon Forums (preferably) or the Steam Comments Section, and give credit where credit's due.

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
This mod should work with any other mod, since this mod is the first of its kind.

Download
GitHub
Steam

Back to my other mods.

Overview
Tired of inconsequential injuries like tiny eye scars making your legendary constructors fail three constructions in a row, or tiny digit loss crippling your growers and animal handlers? This mod's for you, folks!

In vanilla RimWorld, the following success chance stats stop developing past level 8:

• Animal Product Yield
  • Construction
  • Harvest Yield

As a result, a level 15 with an eye injury will still only have the same success rate as a level 8 with the same injury. This doesn't make sense since the level 15 has had significantly more experience, so the tiny injury shouldn't really affect their chances at all, or only minimally.

This mod addresses that.

Now past level 8, the above stats will actually continue to develop, albeit very slowly. This means that minor injuries will no longer effectively cripple the well-functioning of your master constructors, and so on!

Credits
Marnador for their great RimWorld font.

License

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
Conflicts with Tribal Essentials - if you prefer this mod's approach to the stove unlocking process, load this after Tribal Essentials, otherwise don't include this in your load order.

If you're using this on an existing save game. you will probably need to research 'Stoves' if you want to expand your kitchen.

Download
GitHub
Steam

Back to my other mods.

Overview
Always found it strange that your tribe could look ahead of its time and freely build fueled stoves right from the get-go? It never particularly bothered me, but to some that could be quite an immersion breaker. Well take a look at this!

StoveTech makes it so that if you're playing a tribal start colony, you're going to have to live with producing your food on a campfire for a while. However, if you're making a new Crashlanded, Rich Explorer or any other 'modern' colony, then they'll already have this technology researched.

In terms of impact on the game's difficulty, this does make the game slightly harder if you're playing as a tribe since you won't be able to build stoves right off the bat.

Credits
Marnador for their delicious RimWorld font.

License

XeoNovaDan

Multilingual Support
サポート日本語 (by Proxyer)

Compatibility
Compatible with any other mod out there. Can be safely added to savegames, but will cause issues if removed from a savegame where generated pawns have temperature tolerance traits.

Downloads
GitHub
Steam

Back to my other mods.

Overview
Remember the Heat/Cold Tolerant/Lover traits which existed up until Alpha 16?

This mod re-introduces the 'Heat Tolerant' and 'Cold Tolerant' traits from that spectrum, but in a slightly more distinct way. While ordinary people would be getting uncomfortable in harsh temperatures; people that tolerate those sorts of temperatures will still be comfortable. However, those who tolerate one end of the temperature spectrum more also fare worse on the other end.

Here's how I've re-introduced the traits:

Cold Tolerant

• -11°C (-19.8°F) minimum comfortable temperature
  • -5°C (-9°F) maximum comfortable temperature

Heat Tolerant

• +11°C (+19.8°F) maximum comfortable temperature
  • +5°C (+9°F) minimum comfortable temperature

Credits
Marnador for their amazing RimWorld font.

License

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
For Modders: To make a patch for this mod, simply plug the defNames of your mod's animals into the appropriate XML patches. Vanilla animal patches can be found in Patches/Core for reference.

I wouldn't recommend using this and 'A Dog Said' together due to the overlap of parts and balance inconsistencies that will be introduced.

Recommended to use with Animal Armor to maximize the customization of your animals.

No animal mods have been made compatible with this yet. I'm not going to be responsible for creating compatibility patches with other mods either.

Download
GitHub
Steam

Back to my other mods.

Overview
For those that still want animal surgery in the game but don't like the 'one size fits all' philosophy of A Dog Said (e.g. the same bionic part fitting on a squirrel that also fits on an elephant).

Vanilla-Friendly Animal Surgery adds the following body parts for animals: dentures; peg legs; hearts; kidneys; lungs; livers; simple prosthetic arms; simple prosthetic legs; bionic arms; bionic eyes; bionic legs and painstoppers. Dentures and peg legs are installed on animals in the same way that you'd install them on a colonist in vanilla RimWorld.

Similarly, larger parts are going to be more powerful than their smaller brethren: a small bionic leg might do 8 damage if installed frontally, but a large one will do 15.

These are the five size categories:
Tiny - Fits on animals with a mature body size of less than 0.3, such as chickens and squirrels.
Small - Fits on animals with a mature body size between 0.3 and 0.7, such as monkeys and alphabeavers.
Medium - Fits on animals with a mature body size between 0.7 and 1.3, such as boars and ostriches.
Large - Fits on animals with a mature body size between 1.3 and 2.4, such as muffalo and bears.
Huge - Fits on animals with a mature body size equal to or greater than 2.4, such as rhinoceroses and thrumbos.

Animal organs and prostheses, similar to human prostheses in the base game, can only be obtained via trade; you can't produce them or expect them to come falling from the sky. For balance reasons and due to XML limitations, you can't harvest animals for their organs either; they also can only be obtained via trade.

Animal body parts also have their own trade categories, so these won't interfere with the commonality of human body parts on the market. Additionally, adding parts to and removing parts from animals only yields 5/16ths as much experience as an operation on a human, to reduce the feasibility of experience grinding.

Credits
Marnador for their excellent RimWorld-style font.
Shotgunfrenzy for the 'Combat Extended Compatible' text on the thumbnail.

License
You may use this mod in your mod packs, and you may also derive from the mod. All that I ask is that you please let me know, and give me credit and provide a link to this forum post.