[1.0] XND's RimWorld Mods - Updated 2019-10-06

Started by XeoNovaDan, January 13, 2017, 10:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
I'm not aware of any other mods that this'll conflict with.

This can safely be added to a savegame, but there will be issues if you try to remove this mod while your save has batteries from this mod; deconstruct those batteries before removing this.

Download
GitHub
Steam

Back to my other mods.

Overview
Adds two new battery types to the game which are more specialized, but they also have their downsides to remain balanced. These batteries are therefore by no means straight upgrades; they serve more as sidesteps since they also fall off the capacity:efficiency curve when compared to the vanilla battery.

These new batteries must be unlocked by researching Advanced Batteries, which in turn requires Batteries and Microelectronics Basics to be researched.

Let's get into the basics for each battery type this mod adds, along with the vanilla battery:

Battery (Vanilla):

Material Cost: 50x Steel; 2x Component
Work to Build: 13s
Capacity: 1000 Wd
Efficiency: 50%
Footprint: 1x2
Max HP: 100
Mass: 20 KG

High-Capacity Battery:

Material Cost: 100x Steel; 3x Component
Work to Build: 20s
Capacity: 3000 Wd
Efficiency: 35%
Footprint: 2x2
Max HP: 200
Mass: 50 KG

High-Efficiency Battery:

Material Cost: 50x Steel; 5x Gold; 2x Component
Work to Build: 20s
Capacity: 600 Wd
Efficiency: 90%
Footprint: 1x2
Max HP: 100
Mass: 20 KG

Credits
Marnador for their shockingly good RimWorld font.

License
As is standard with my mods: you may include this mod in a mod pack, and you may derive from this, but please inform me if you're doing so either through here or Ludeon Forums, and give credit where credit's due.

XeoNovaDan

Multilingual Support
日本語に翻訳された (by Namsan)

Compatibility
VFWE is fully compatible with Combat Extended. The patch is integrated within CE itself; no additional external patch is needed.

This mod can safely be added to existing savegames, but there may be issues removing it from existing savegames.

Download
GitHub
Steam

Back to my other mods.

Overview
The Vanilla-Friendly Weapon Expansion (or simply VFWE) aims to increase the variety of weapons in RimWorld while maintaining an overall consistent balance and aesthetic, as well as having as little functional redundancy as possible. Most weapons that this pack introduces are mid-tier, but there are a few outliers both above and below.

To be slightly more precise, VFWE adds one new melee weapon; two neolithic ranged weapons; four conventional firearms; one high-tech weapon and two mechanoid-only weapons.

Weapon Document
Weapon Stats

Regarding weapon suggestions, I'm unlikely to accept any since pretty much every niche that the vanilla combat system can possibly accommodate has been filled - suggestions must be distinct but also balanced, and nothing that requires C# since I can't program in said language.

Credits
Marnador for the RimWorld-style font.
Namsan for the Japanese Translation.
Shotgunfrenzy for the 'Combat Extended Compatible' text on the thumbnail.

License
As is standard with my mods: you may include this mod in a mod pack, and you may derive from this, but please inform me if you're doing so either through here or Ludeon Forums, and give credit where credit's due.

XeoNovaDan

Translations
日本語 - Proxyer

Overview
A very small mod that makes it so that pants are finally visible on your colonists, that pesky group of visitors which eat all of your food supplies, and that horde of angry pirates who want nothing more than to kill off your ludeonicrous chicken farm and steal all of your eggs! Yes, you can finally see the beautiful combination that is yorkieskin pants contrasted against a beaverskin t-shirt, and a pink cloth jacket!

Purely cosmetic - this post serves more as a discussion board than anything... I guess to post screenshots of your colonists' amazing clothing!

Powered by the Harmony Patch Library.

Compatibility
Mods:
Natively supports Vanilla Apparel Expanded: Jeans, Shorts, Skirts and Trousers will also be visible when worn.

Destructively prefixes the SortWornApparelIntoDrawOrder method in Pawn_ApparelTracker (I tried transpiling but with no success), but there are no known conflicts as a result of this yet. If using with Apparello, whichever mod is lowest in the load order is the one that gets its pants textures used.

Saves:
This can safely be added to and removed from ongoing savegames.

Credits
Brrainz - for their fantastic work with Harmony
Strakarix - for kindly providing artwork for relevant apparel from Vanilla Apparel Expanded, as well as the updated pants textures
Vindar - for kindly providing permission to use the original pants graphics from Medieval Times
Marnador - for their RimWorld-style font

Download
GitHub (source)
Steam

Back to my other mods

License
You may use this mod in your mod packs, and you may also derive from the mod. All that I ask is that you please let me know, and give me credit and provide a link to this page.

XeoNovaDan

Multilingual Support
サポート日本語 (by Namsan)

Compatibility
Should work with any other mod since this mod is entirely new content, and no other mod has added plants that are like these.

This can also safely be added to existing savegames, but there may be issues removing this from a savegame if you've started any of this mod's research, have any artiveg or have sown any plants.

If you find any bugs, please link me to a full output log and give some basic information on how you triggered the bug; this is vital information for me to be able to fix said bugs.

Download
GitHub (source)
Steam

Back to my other mods.

Overview
Xeo's Genetically Engineered Plants adds four new plants to RimWorld, opening up new possibilities for both food production and resource production. As is the theme with all of my mods, I've put a lot of care into balancing this mod to fit with Vanilla. Now let's get into the details for each plant added!

Artiveg

Description: An extremely fragile, genetically engineered plant that grows poorly in any ground that's less than rich in nutrients, but grows exceptionally well in highly fertile environments. Widely used by urbworlds to feed their staggering population counts, in a bid to tackle their frequent food shortages.

Growing Skill to Sow: 12
Research Requirement: Artiveg (800 points, Spacer tech)
Fertility Sensitivity: 170%
Minimum Soil Fertility: 65%
Base Grow Days: 4.24
Mature Harvest Yield: 9x Artiveg
Health Points: 45
Other Notes: Has a 10% better nutrition output than rice in rich soil, and 30% in hydroponics. Falls behind the pack everywhere else.

Duraveg

Description: A completely different strain of artiveg; duraveg was selectively bred and modified on glitterworlds, for the purpose of being distributed as a new means for a food supply on caveworlds, and even toxic worlds. This extremely hardy plant can survive many hostile conditions, is immune to blight, and can even grow in complete darkness, but has a very low food output compared to conventional crops when grown in reasonable bodies of earth.

Growing Skill to Sow: 8
Research Requirement: Artiveg (800 points, Spacer tech)
Fertility Sensitivity: 20%
Minimum Soil Fertility: 1%
Base Grow Days: 5.3
Mature Harvest Yield: 6x Artiveg
Health Points: 270
Other Notes: Doesn't die in the cold, grows fine in complete darkness, immune to blight and has an extremely long lifespan. Has a very low nutrition output though, even in gravel when compared to rice.

Branchvine

Description: Genetically engineered creeper plant that grows to become wood-like, and quickly at that. Unlike trees however, branchvines will die in the cold.

Growing Skill to Sow: 10
Research Requirement: Branchvine (600 points, Medieval tech)
Fertility Sensitivity: 50%
Minimum Soil Fertility: 30%
Base Grow Days: 6.95
Mature Harvest Yield: 15x Wood
Health Points: 150
Other Notes: 20% better wood output than poplar trees (the best tree in vanilla RimWorld to farm for wood). Less health than any other tree, and dies in the cold rather than shedding leaves.

Rocketree

Description: A genetically engineered tree that yields no usable wood, but a lot of chemfuel. Will combust violently when ignited, and also fragile.

Growing Skill to Sow: 8
Research Requirement: Rocketrees (700 points, Industrial tech)
Fertility Sensitivity: 50%
Minimum Soil Fertility: 30%
Base Grow Days: 30
Mature Harvest Yield: 50x Chemfuel
Health Points: 150
Other Notes: Will explode in a large fireball (3.5 radius) at 84% health or less, launching fuel everywhere. Lifted this from the cryptosleep revival briefing.

Credits
Draegon1993 - new Artiveg (plant), Branchvine and Duraveg textures.
Marnador for their great work with the RimWorld-style font.
Mehni - being 'The Real MVP' with assistance for the original art set.
Shotgunfrenzy - new Artiveg (yield) and Rocketree textures.

License
As is standard with my mods: you may include this mod in a mod pack, and you may derive from this, but please inform me if you're doing so through Ludeon Forums (preferably) or the Steam Comments Section, and give credit where credit's due.

XeoNovaDan

All of my mods have now been merged into this one thread, with the original post essentially acting as a hub of sorts. Sooner or later, I'll update all of my mods' About.xml files to point to this thread's original post rather than their old individual pages which have now been deprecated.

Harry_Dicks

Mister Dan this is definitely a lot nicer, and way easier to keep up with. You just have too many things to remember!

Just curious, but would it be difficult for you to just ever have an "all in one" pack to download? The reason I ask is, because sometimes when I am going through and updating all of my mods at once, I might get to your page and I need a good handful. So instead of having to get a bunch of different GitHub downloads, could I just have one big pack, download it, and then just replace all of your mods with the new ones? For me at least, that would make things a lot easier, but it's not biggie if that's something you don't want to keep up with, just a suggestion. Thanks for all of your hard work! :)

XeoNovaDan

@Harry - Yeah, it'll also be easier to maintain everything on one thread. Regarding the mod compilation: I did do something like that once, but it became too much of an issue to maintain so I eventually abandoned it.

XeoNovaDan

All of my mods have now been updated to link back to the original post of this thread rather than their own individual threads which will cease to be updated from this point onwards; only their posts on this thread will be updated.

Harry_Dicks

Keep at it Dan, great work! I really do love all of your small mods. Some of my favorites include your pants mod, the genetic plants, Skill Overhead, Shooting Skill Enhanced, and Quality Cooldown.

I was curious about Skill Overhead and this, "Work success rates continue developing past level 8; less of trivial injuries ruining success rates!"

Do you think this will have any interaction with Crafting Quality Rebalanced? I'm wondering since your pawns will continue to gain success rates, would that mean a level 17+ skill pawn would always make something higher than good, according to CQR's chart?

No biggie if you don't know, but was curious if you did! :)

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=39047.0

XeoNovaDan

Harry - It won't have any effect on CQR, nope. All that Skill Overhead does is lessen the impact on stats like construction success chance from smaller injuries when that person has a high skill level. :P

Also thanks for the support! It means a lot. :)

XeoNovaDan

Thumbnail update for Plant Cutting is for Growers. Credit goes to Shotgunfrenzy for this one!

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
Compatible with Vanilla-Friendly Animal Surgery and A Dog Said and will work with either mod without any issues.

This can be used with other animal mods active, but you can't actually install armor onto them since they won't have the RecipeDefs XML patched onto them. As a result, compatibility patches will be needed to be able to armor up your penguins, thrumuffalo or whatever other modded animals you have. It'll be up to other modders to either make external compatibility patches or submit them to me so that I can integrate them into the mod Combat Extended-style.

I'd recommend using the following mods alongside this for an optimal experience:

• Vanilla-Friendly Animal Surgery so that you can give your animals painstoppers and bionics to make them into true mobile meat/mechanoid grinders.
  • Simple Plastic so that you can produce synthread to establish a heavy armor production chain.
The following mods are compatible with Animal Armor:
Download
GitHub
Steam

Back to my other mods.

Overview
Animal army enthusiasts, did it ever bother you that in RimWorld that you can't armor up your animals? Well, this mod allows you to do exactly so!

Animal Armor adds three variations of armor, all with differing characteristics (they all offer full-body coverage though), all three types being producible with varying levels of research - it's generally cheaper to buy them from settlements or combat suppliers than to produce them though, so bear that in mind. On top of that, you need to make sure that you get the right size of armor for your animals; 'tiny' armor for squirrels isn't going to fit on 'huge' elephants for example, and vice-versa, and this applies to other size categories too.

However, not all RimWorld animals might like being handled! As a result, when installing or removing armor, some medicine is also required to anesthetize the animal to ensure no resistance. From then on, it's impossible to fail installing armor onto an animal, regardless of how bad the doctor and medicine is.

A brief overview of all armor types:

• Makeshift - The cheapest, lowest-tech solution of the three. 30% sharp resistance and 10% blunt resistance, but also reduces movement speed by 10%. Producible from steel, or purchasable from tribals and outlanders.
  • Standard - Modern armor, the most well-rounded of the three. 30% sharp resistance and 10% blunt resistance, but no movement speed penalty. Producible from cloth, steel and a small amount of plasteel, or purchasable from outlanders and orbital traders.
  • Heavy - Modern armor, ultimately the best of the three. 60% sharp resistance and 20% blunt resistance, but also reduces movement speed by 20%. Producible from synthread, as well as a lot of steel and plasteel, or purchasable from outlanders and orbital traders.

Size categories:

• Tiny - This consists of animals with a full-grown body size of less than 0.3: squirrels, boomrats etc.
  • Small - This consists of animals with a full-grown body size of at least 0.3, but less than 0.7: monkeys, foxes etc.
  • Medium - This consists of animals with a full-grown body size of at least 0.7, but less than 1.3: dogs, boars, alpacas etc.
  • Large - This consists of animals with a full-grown body size of at least 1.3, but less than 2.4: cougars, bears, muffalo etc.
  • Huge - This consists of animals with a full-grown body size of 2.4 and greater: thrumbos, elephants etc.