[1.0] XND's RimWorld Mods - Updated 2019-10-06

Started by XeoNovaDan, January 13, 2017, 10:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Ironic, I posted some similar suggestion a few weeks ago in the animal thread. I said how I wish we could upgrade the durability of animals, because they'll be so easy to down in later game combat. So this is perfect, yet again! Thanks, Dan :)

Also, this works with any animals, even crazy mutations with non-traditional anatomies added in from mods, correct?

XeoNovaDan

Harry_D - You're very welcome! Unfortunately, other mods will need to have compatibility patches to be able to install armour onto them since they won't have the RecipeDefs patched on by default.

Harry_Dicks

Alright, well I suppose I'm going to see how you've done it to sort of gauge how much work I would have to do to get all of my critters in.

Also, I really, really love when modders put into the notes not only any significant changes number wise, but also what this new number is coming from. Anyway I'm gonna stop kissing your ass now, but just know these little details are appreciated :P

For example, how you have this in GitHub:
A couple of size category changes
'Small' is now 0.3 to less than 0.7 rather than 0.8
'Medium' is now 0.7 rather than 0.8 to less than 1.3.

Canute

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on February 21, 2018, 06:57:19 AM
Harry_D - You're very welcome! Unfortunately, other mods will need to have compatibility patches to be able to install armour onto them since they won't have the RecipeDefs patched on by default.
Dang, that mean's no heavy armored War Minions without patch. :-(

XeoNovaDan

Yep, Walking Problem or somebody else would need to make a patch because I sure as hell am not bothering with patches because there are so many mods out there to patch. I doubt anybody would patch for VFAS to be fair since hardly anybody's heard of it.

Harry_Dicks

Vlad0mi3r

Following this as I need that animal armour.

I am also thinking about skill overhead as it makes more sense to me than how things work now. I know a lot of top level craftsmen with missing fingers.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

XeoNovaDan

Vlad0mi3r - There's a lot to choose from! I'm sure the list will gradually keep on expanding as i get more ideas to mod in, and shrinking as the updates pass on by...

wwWraith

I'd suggest to add <unfinishedThingDef> to the animal armors' crafting recipes. It takes a decently long time to complete so it would be better made interruptable.
And maybe show "Remove armor" surgery recipe only when it was installed.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

XeoNovaDan

wwWraith - Thanks for the feedback regarding recipes, that's very helpful and I'm working on it now! As for the 'remove armor' recipe, there's nothing I can really do about that unfortunately: using the alternative 'Recipe_RemoveHediff' method won't return the armor, so this is the best I can do without any real C# knowhow.

XeoNovaDan

Animal Armor has been updated to Version 1.1!

Changes:

• All animal armor variations now have an unfinishedThingDef so that one piece of armor can be made over multiple crafting work sessions.
  • Officially touting Combat Extended compatibility.

Canute

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on February 22, 2018, 02:25:47 AM
wwWraith - Thanks for the feedback regarding recipes, that's very helpful and I'm working on it now! As for the 'remove armor' recipe, there's nothing I can really do about that unfortunately: using the alternative 'Recipe_RemoveHediff' method won't return the armor, so this is the best I can do without any real C# knowhow.
Wouldn't install a special "no armor" hediff remove the old one ?

XeoNovaDan

Canute - It would, yes, but removing the old hediff would also return the body part through that method. However, through the more elegant method that wwWraith and I mentioned, it wouldn't return the body part likely because there's no code included in that worker to try and return the correct item - it's probably down to that code being intended for the 'excise carcinoma' recipe rather than removing 'armor'.

I'd need somebody with very basic C# knowhow to somehow make a new worker by merging aspects of both vanilla workers.

Vlad0mi3r

Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Harry_Dicks