[1.0] XND's RimWorld Mods - Updated 2019-10-06

Started by XeoNovaDan, January 13, 2017, 10:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vlad0mi3r

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 22, 2018, 07:39:34 AM
Quote from: XeoNovaDan on February 21, 2018, 10:48:07 AM
I doubt anybody would patch for VFAS to be fair since hardly anybody's heard of it.

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 21, 2018, 11:01:55 AM
VFAS what's that?

The joke
----------
Vlad's head

;D

Ok I get it I must be one of the lucky ones with my ear to the ground and had heard of it. You'll keep Harry.  :P
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on February 22, 2018, 08:35:24 AM
Ok I get it I must be one of the lucky ones with my ear to the ground and had heard of it. You'll keep Harry.  :P
It's okay, I just wanted to give Dan a hard time. He needs it; can't let all this praise go to his head ;)

Mehni

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on February 22, 2018, 03:12:03 AM
I'd need somebody with very basic C# knowhow to somehow make a new worker by merging aspects of both vanilla workers.

>_>

Screw you Dan.

XeoNovaDan

Animal Armor has been updated to v1.2 already!

Changes:
  • 'Remove Armor' recipe doesn't constantly show now on animals. Credit goes to Mehni for kindly making a Harmony patch to Recipe_RemoveHediff to make this possible!

Canute

Do you see that rifle at Xen's avatar ? I think he used proper arguments not to get screwed :-)

XeoNovaDan

Animal Armor has been updated to v1.3

Changes:
  • Will now work with animal bionics without any issue. Credit goes to Mehni again!

Canute

Shouldn't you honor Mehni and call it Mehni Armor for Animals ? :-)

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
Will conflict with any mods that modify Gut Worms or Muscle Parasites. Conflicting should be minimal since this mod uses C# and XML patching.

There are no other known incompatibilities.

Download
GitHub
Steam

Back to my other mods.

Overview
Don't you just dislike how regardless of if you use a crippled level 0 doctor without any medicine, or a fully bionic level 20 doctor with glitterworld medicine, it always takes 5 tends to get rid of Gut Worms and Muscle Parasites? I certainly do!

This mod makes it so that tend quality for muscle parasites and gut worms matters: use a bad doctor with poor quality medicine and it'll take more tends to remove parasitical diseases, and it'll take fewer tends if you use a good doctor with good quality medicine.

Average tend quality guide:

• 0% to 8% - 7 tends
  • 9% to 19% - 6 tends
  • 20% to 37% - 5 tends
  • 38% to 66% - 4 tends
  • 67% to 100% - 3 tends

If these values seem daunting, bear in mind that even a healthy level 8 doctor that doesn't use any medicine will average a tend quality of 30%, which fits in right with vanilla on the above guide.

Info For Modders
This mod adds a new Hediff comp called HediffComp_MultipleTendsQuality which is a child comp of HediffComp_TendDuration, the properties of which are defined through  HediffCompProperties_MultipleTendsQuality.

This comp opens up two new values to XML:

• disappearsAtTendedCountQuality - this comp's equivalent of disappearsAtTendedCount. Once the tend counter's value reaches or surpasses this, the hediff is removed. This value is 7 for GutWorms and MuscleParasites.
  • tendQualityCounterOffsetFactor - The tend counter's value is increased by 1 per tend, plus the tend quality multiplied by this value. This value is 2 for GutWorms and MuscleParasites, but defaults to 1.

So if you have any mods that add diseases which require a fixed number of tends to remove and you want tend quality to matter for them too, then it should be pretty easy to make a patch for them to be affected by tend quality.

Credits
Fyarn for helping out with the C# stuff. Big thanks!
Marnador for their RimWorld-style font.

License
As is standard with my mods: you may include this mod in a mod pack, and you may derive from this, but please inform me if you're doing so either through here or Ludeon Forums, and give credit where credit's due.

Vlad0mi3r

Damn it another mod I will now need. Good work this scaling due to expertise is sorely missing in the core game.

What about Fibrous mechanites any chance for them to be included?
Mods I would recommend:

The Mod you must have:

XeoNovaDan

Vlad0mi3r - I probably won't cover mechanite diseases mainly because tend quality does in fact affect their pain and impact on tiredness rate, but also partially because my skills are still very limited.

Vlad0mi3r

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on March 01, 2018, 08:21:04 AM
Vlad0mi3r - I probably won't cover mechanite diseases mainly because tend quality does in fact affect their pain and impact on tiredness rate, but also partially because my skills are still very limited.

Cool no worries just keep doing what your doing.  :)
Mods I would recommend:

The Mod you must have:

Harry_Dicks

Thanks Dan! Of course my mod list keeps growing... this is so terrible! ::)

XeoNovaDan

Harry_D - You're welcome!

Animal Armor has now been updated to v1.3.1, meaning that a compatibility patch with GeneticRim has now been integrated into the mod. You can now armour up your army of thrumbochickens, or whatever it is that's cool with GeneticRim!