[1.0] XND's RimWorld Mods - Updated 2019-10-06

Started by XeoNovaDan, January 13, 2017, 10:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeoNovaDan

Animal Armor has now been updated to v1.3.2, and with that means more compatibility. Animal Armor is now compatible with FFGermanShepherd, so you can now gear up your faithful companion through the raider-ridden wastelands!

temple_wing

please make animal armor mod be compatible with combat extended.

XeoNovaDan

XeoNovaDan

So, just a quick update that I've been working on a very significant project. Release times are uncertain for now, but things can change. The original post gives more info on it.

DiamondBorne

XeoNovaDan

By sheer luck of the draw, and with terrible timing, I'm proud to announce Ranged Combat: Enhanced as a new addition to my mod family! More can be found out on the OP of this thread or on this mod's Steam Workshop page :P

It's a comprehensive rebalance of ranged combat in Vanilla RimWorld, but other mod weapons will work too... just in less spectacular fashion.

Download from...
GitHub: https://github.com/XeoNovaDan/RangedCombatEnhanced/releases/latest
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1348888996

DiamondBorne

Does it work with your own Shooting Skill Enhance? A replacement or compliment each other?

XeoNovaDan

DiamondBorne

Allow me to be the first one to say that this is the single greatest range combat mod ever made. Combat Extended wishes it could do half what this mod did.  ;D

XeoNovaDan

Sam Gray

When using the Ranged Combat: Enhanced mod weapons give a -1000% accuracy penalty! Is that intended or it is supposed to be a -10% penalty?

Edit: I have a small nitpick with the accuracy on vanilla weapons and it is the touch accuracy.
I get that sniper rifles can't be shot from point blank range with great accuracy, but an autopistol or a revolver or even hell a shotgun can be used for close quarter engagements and be effective in regards to accuracy.
I know that you are all about balancing so what do you think about this issue?

XeoNovaDan

@CyanSam - Ranged Combat: Enhanced was my contribution to April Fool's day for the year. -1000% is a strange formatting error with RimWorld; it's meant to be -10, which equates to -10 levels' worth of accuracy.

XeoNovaDan

Well, April Fool's day is over. Ranged Combat: Enhanced will remain up for grabs for the time being, but I wouldn't recommend using it for proper runs unless you really want to.

Canute

Maybe rename it to "Ranged Combat: Enhanced April Edition" :-)

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
This can be added to existing savegames, but existing tiles won't have bushes added to them; you'll need to generate new tropical tiles to benefit from this mod. This mod can also be safely removed from existing savegames, but future tropical biome tiles without this mod won't have any raspberry bushes.

There are no known conflicts with other mods.

Download
GitHub
Steam

Back to my other mods.

Overview
Ever thought that it was strange that Tropical Rainforests and Tropical Swamps are completely devoid of any forageable plants - in stark contrast, even completely barren Extreme Deserts have the elusive agave plants that your colonists can harvest and eat. This seems like an oversight and a half, so this mod's probably better described as a bug fix, especially since Tropical Rainforests used to have raspberry bushes in older versions of RimWorld.

If your awareness of this shocking fact bugs you, this mod fixes Tropical Rainforests and Tropical Swamps by making raspberry bushes naturaly occur in both of these biomes.

Sticking to XND standards: you can expect a quality, well-balanced experience just like with all of my other mods. Balancing was done with a spreadsheet.

Credits
Marnador for their RimWorld-style font.

License
As is standard with my mods: you may include this mod in a mod pack, and you may derive from this, but please inform me if you're doing so either through Steam or Ludeon Forums, and give credit where credit's due.