[1.0] XND's RimWorld Mods - Updated 2019-10-06

Started by XeoNovaDan, January 13, 2017, 10:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow_T

Visible pants are back baby! So may good mods here, but pants are incredibly important ;)
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
Should be safely addable to and removable from existing savegames.

There are no known incompatibilities.

If you find any bugs, please link me to a full output log and give some basic information on how you triggered the bug; this is vital information for me to be able to fix said bugs.

Download
GitHub (source)
Steam

Back to my other mods

Overview
Are you sick of predators that maul your colonists and pets to death, or a masochist that feels like every single animal in your game should be a predator of some shape of form? If you fall onto either end of this spectrum, this is the mod for you.

Adjustable Predator Count is, as the name suggests, a mod that allows you to adjust the likelihood of predators spawning naturally in biomes. This is done entirely through the mod settings menu, where you can simply type in a number to multiply predator spawn rates by - there's no slider though; that was only for illustrative purposes. A couple of examples:

No Predators - set the value to 0 and predators won't ever spawn until you either remove this mod or reconfigure it in the same menu.
Nothing but Predators* - simply set the value to something absurd like 10000000. Due to how animal spawning mechanics work though, there may be the elusive non-predator once in a blue moon.

Do note that this value globally affects all predators in the game, across all biomes - vanilla and modded alike. For now, this value also only affects wild spawn rates, which means that you can still get manhunter packs, traders or migratory herds which have predators.

Powered by the Harmony Patch Library.

Credits
Big thanks to erdelf, Mehni and Spdskatr for helping me with transpiler trouble and mod settings!
Pardeike (AKA Brrainz) - for making the Harmony Patch Library, and for Camera+ which was used for the squirrel in the thumbnail
Marnador - for the RimWorld-style font

License
As is standard with my mods: you may include this mod in a mod pack, and you may derive from this, but please inform me if you're doing so through Ludeon Forums (preferably) or the Steam Comments Section, and give credit where credit's due.

Canute

Thanks Xeo,
i bet many people would love this mod since they hate predators ! :-)

XeoNovaDan

Judging by the patch notes, it looks like Aim incendiary Anywhere is now redundant since its functionality is part of the vanilla game. Regarding progress with other mods:

* Turret Extensions now adds the ability to make manned turret affect the ShootingAccuracy of the manning pawn.

I'm also working on a very basic upgrading system, but currently having technical issues. The initial version of the upgrading system will only have a single upgrade which the modder can define the effects of (currently limited to the turret's shootingAccuracy), and the only costs will be labour. However, I hope to add resource costs at some point, and maybe even split the single upgrade into UpgradeDefs.

All of this will be available in the next release of Turret Extensions, which'll be when 1.0 finishes unstable. There will also be Steam releases for my 1.0 mods, so stay tuned!

Anni

Simple Plastic seems to need an update. It stopped working for me today. Last time I used it was version 1.0.1946.

XeoNovaDan

Anni - I'll probably focus on that closer to release. Sorry that I've been slow with responding; I've been busy testing 1.0 and also working on Turret Extensions v1.1

Updated the following two mods: Turret Extensions and TE Turret Expansion. Brief change logs for each are as follows...

Turret Extensions (v1.1):
* Added functionality to make upgradable turrets purely through XML
* Manned turrets can now modify the operator's accuracy

TE Turret Expansion (v1.1):
* Buffed the vanilla autocannon turret's accuracy (96% -> 97%)
* All vanilla turrets are now upgradable
* All TE Turret Expansion-added turrets are now upgradable

Syrchalis

I'm looking forward to Quality Cooldown being updated. Always loved that mod, even though the impact wasn't huge, maybe especially because of that.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

XeoNovaDan

Syrchalis - Chances are pretty slim that I'll update Quality Cooldown since I've officially abandoned it, but it's open to unofficial maintenance for whoever wants to maintain it. It was a fairly simple mod anyway and should be easy to update to 1.0.

XeoNovaDan

Updated the following two mods for 1.0.1959: Turret Extensions and TE Turret Expansion. Brief change logs for each are as follows...

Turret Extensions (v1.1.1):
* The shootingAccuracy variable has been deprecated since it's now customizable in vanilla
* Renamed shootingAccuracyOffset to ShootingAccuracyTurretOffset
* Minor display stats changes

TE Turret Expansion (v1.1.1):
* Sniper turret is now upgradable
* Reverted the autocannon turret accuracy buff
* Machine gun emplacement buffed and made cheaper

Syrchalis

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on July 05, 2018, 08:50:20 AM
Syrchalis - Chances are pretty slim that I'll update Quality Cooldown since I've officially abandoned it, but it's open to unofficial maintenance for whoever wants to maintain it. It was a fairly simple mod anyway and should be easy to update to 1.0.
It's fine, I added the patch to my huge patch. I started changing so many defs of core that whenever a new version comes or I have to reinstall (happens a lot during unstable) it's a lot of work, so I just made a mod myself and included the quality CD modifier patch.

Updating it is really easy, because all one has to do is remove the qualities that don't exist anymore.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

XeoNovaDan

Multilingual Support
Deutsch - Energistics
русский - Ninja Kitten

Compatibility
Should be safely addable to existing savegames. There may be issues removing this from an existing savegame if an aurora is happening or if somebody has the 'Observed aurora' thought.

Should work fine with all mods out there.

If you find any bugs, please link me to a full output log and give some basic information on how you triggered the bug; this is vital information for me to be able to fix said bugs.

Download
GitHub (source)
Steam

Back to my other mods

Overview
Ever thought that it was strange that the +14 moodlet from seeing a beautiful aurora just instantly vanishes as soon as a colonist steps indoors; that the spectacular image of this phenomenon just leaves their minds in a puff of smoke as if it were nothing?

This is a simple mod that makes auroras lift your colonists' spirits for an entire day after witnessing an aurora, in the form of a lasting +5 moodlet - just as if they had dined in a very impressive dining room. Auroras actually mean something for colonists that don't spend 24 hours of the day outdoors!

Credits
Marnador - for the RimWorld-style font

License
As is standard with my mods: you may include this mod in a mod pack, and you may derive from this, but please inform me if you're doing so through Ludeon Forums (preferably) or the Steam Comments Section, and give credit where credit's due.

Syrchalis

I really like your new shotgun mod, instantly subscribed.

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
Naturally won't work with Beta 18.

Stopping power patching is done dynamically through C# for weapons which have the default stopping power of 0.5. For those with their own defined stopping power, they will need patching to be consistent balance-wise.

For details on which weapons have been dynamically patched and which weapons haven't been patched, this mod will leave lists detailing each of those in the output console and log upon startup.

Mods that have been patched for this mod:

The above patches have been integrated into Ranged Stagger Rebalanced itself; no additional downloads are required.

Download
GitHub (source)
Steam

Back to my other mods

Overview
In vanilla RimWorld, ranged stagger lasts 95 ticks (just under 1.6 seconds). This 95 ticks is constant, meaning that a staggered pawn will move at 1/6th of their normal movement speed for that duration regardless of if their body size is considerably lower than the projectile's stopping power, or if their body size is equal to that stopping power.

Ranged Stagger Rebalanced somewhat changes the way that this duration works by making it dynamic. It changes ranged stagger and stopping power in the following ways:

• The base ranged stagger duration is now 120 ticks (2 seconds)
    • A pawn with a body size that's less than or equal to 20% of the stopping power gets staggered for the full duration
    • A pawn with a body size that's equal to the stopping power gets staggered for 20% of the base duration
    • This duration transitions smoothly (e.g. body size that's 80% of the stopping power gets staggered for 40% duration)
  • Most projectiles now have a stopping power that's equivalent to their base damage x 0.1
    • This is multiplied by a further 1.5x for the LMG, shotguns and doomsday launcher

Note: With v1.1, there's an opt-in experimental formula which can be toggled in the mod settings menu. It changes the ranged stagger duration formula to the following:

• The base ranged stagger duration is still 120 ticks (2 seconds)
  • If stopping power is equal to the pawn's body size, the pawn gets staggered for 20% of the base duration
  • If stopping power is 1.5x the pawn's body size, the pawn gets staggered for 50% of the base duration
  • If stopping power is 3x the pawn's body size, the pawn gets staggered for the full duration

To put this new formula into perspective, this table shows the baseline stagger duration for each conventional weapon against a human, in seconds:

Weapon                    Damage          Vanilla          Rebalanced          Experimental
Revolver121.580.730.63
Autopistol10-0.40.4
Machine Pistol6---
Bolt-Action Rifle181.581.281.2
Pump Shotgun181.581.671.8
Chain Shotgun181.581.671.8
Heavy SMG12-0.730.63
LMG111.581.181.1
Assault Rifle11-0.580.52
Sniper Rifle251.581.61.67
Minigun10-0.40.4
Short bow11-0.580.52
Pila251.581.61.67
Recurve bow141.580.970.88
Greatbow171.581.221.13
Charge Rifle15-1.071
Charge Lance301.581.732

If you have any feedback, feel free to let me know!