[1.0] XND's RimWorld Mods - Updated 2019-10-06

Started by XeoNovaDan, January 13, 2017, 10:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeoNovaDan

Updated Turret Extensions to v1.1.2

Changes:
* Barrel durability text when inspecting upgradability now depends on the fuelGizmoLabel for the turret

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
Should be safely addable to existing savegames. There may be issues removing this from ongoing saves if there's ongoing turbulent waters though.

Should work fine with all mods out there.

If you find any bugs, please link me to a full output log and give some basic information on how you triggered the bug; this is vital information for me to be able to fix said bugs.

Download
GitHub (source)
Steam

Back to my other mods

Overview
Watermill Tweaks is a mod that makes several changes that are specific to the watermill generator to make it somewhat of a more nuanced power source compared to other power sources. It does so by doing the following:

• Changing the Power Output - Watermill generators now have a base generation of 1400W rather than 1100W in vanilla.
  • Temperature Variation - If outdoor temperatures are below 0°C (32°F) or above 50°C (122°F), watermill generators will produce less power. This is to simulate a gradual increase of viscosity from freezing and lower levels from increased evaporation respectively. On the hot end, power production halves at 60°C (140°F), and stops entirely at and beyond 90°C (194°F). However, it varies by river type for the cool end: -5°C and -8°C for creeks; -10°C and -15°C for rivers; -15°C and -23°C for large rivers; -20°C and -30°C for huge rivers.
  • Seasonal Variation - Power output also changes depending on the season. 30% more power is produced during the spring, but 10% less power is produced during the fall, and 20% less power is produced during the winter.

Adding a new Incident - Watermill Tweaks also adds a new but somewhat uncommon incident called 'Turbulent Waters'. When this incident happens, all watermill generators on the affected map produce 50% more electricity, but they also get damaged over time because of debris and stress. Turbulent waters will only ever affect maps with standard rivers, large rivers and huge rivers though, with the incident being 2x more common with large rivers and 4x more common with huge rivers. Maps with greater than 2000mm of rainfall are also more likely to affected, and maps with less than 1000mm are less likely to be affected.

Powered by the Harmony Patch Library.

Credits
Brrainz - for their excellent Harmony Patch Library!
Mehni - The Seasonal MVP
Marnador - for the RimWorld-style font
AileTheAlien - for the idea

License
As is standard with my mods: you may include this mod in a mod pack, and you may derive from this, but please inform me if you're doing so through Ludeon Forums (preferably) or the Steam Comments Section, and give credit where credit's due.

Canute

Hi xeo,
nice tweak's special the events ! :-)
But a water mill don't got turbine blades, they got wheel blades/shovels. :-)

But with the turbine's i got the idea about some real water turbine's.
It add's back dam wall, side dam wall, water turbine's.
At first you need to build a back dam wall.
It is like a floor, so it can act as bridge and pawn's can move over to cross it.
At one side of the dam wall the water will turn into deep water.
Maybe a special deconstruct command so these deep water turn into shallow moving water.
On these dam wall you can build water turbines. One side need deep water, the other side shallow water.
To increase the turbine output, you can build side dam walls.
Between the side dam walls all water will turn into deep water.
Each side dam wall increase the power production of the water turbine by x% since they increase the water level before the dam wall and the pressure for the turbines.

Maybe a check for natural mountain, that can act as dam side wall, and they should give higher bonus.

The dam wall tile, need a very high build and work cost, so they arn't easyly build, like 100 stone blocks.

I suggest floor tiles for the dam walls, so they don't become target of raids too. It would be hard to simulate a broken dam.
But the turbines still be attackable.

XeoNovaDan

Quote from: Canute on July 15, 2018, 03:45:43 AM

Ah, details! A dam probably wouldn't be a bad idea, but I wouldn't know how to implement that at least yet; my C# is still only somewhat basic. Besides, I don't feel that'd really fill any new niches.

Got some other mods that I'm making some progress on though: one that allows for quality improvement of equipment, and another that adds a bunch of traits.

Canute

It's ok,
keep the idea or throw it at someones head if you think he needed it.

XeoNovaDan

Updated Watermill Tweaks to v1.1

Update Summary:
* Seasonal power output has been implemented
* Rebalanced temperature-based power output
* Turbulent waters' commonality is now affected by the tile's rainfall amount
* No longer has mod settings

XeoNovaDan

Minor update to Watermill Tweaks (v1.1.1):
* 'Hydroelectricity' research removed since vanilla now has its own research project

Syrchalis

Any plans on updating stuffed flak to include the flak jacket?
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

XeoNovaDan

Quote from: Syrchalis on July 17, 2018, 08:10:34 AM
Any plans on updating stuffed flak to include the flak jacket?

I actually forgot about that. I'll definitely do it at some point between now and 1.0's full release, but no guarantees in the near-future. Currently busy with other mods.

SpaceDorf

Hi there, is there any chance for a Non-Steam release of your shotgun mod ?

==== EDIT ====

The current patch and bad aim has made my shotgunners into claymores shooting pellets all around them.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Namsan

Using Simple Plastic and Xeo's Genetically Engineered Plants in current 1.0 build will generate some errors at launch.
Do you need debug logs?
Hello

XeoNovaDan

SpaceDorf - I could do a quick Dropbox release, sure.
Edit: Done - https://www.dropbox.com/s/na5ebs3blspa4js/ProperShotguns.zip?dl=0

Namsan - Yes, that'd be pretty useful!

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

TacataX

Hey! I am looking for the B18 version of the Turret Extensions mod, but I can't seem to find it.. I can only find the 1.0 version on Github.

XeoNovaDan

Yeah, Turret Extensions is exclusive to 1.0 I'm afraid. I did start working on it just before 1.0 unstable dropped, but decided to just fully commit to 1.0 once it did drop.