[1.0] XND's RimWorld Mods - Updated 2019-10-06

Started by XeoNovaDan, January 13, 2017, 10:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeoNovaDan

I've just pushed a beta test release for Survival Tools, a mod that's currently WIP but close to complete. Tested to be bug-free and should work with existing saves, but I'd highly recommend this with a new save. Thread with more info + download link: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=45968.0

Summary - thread goes into more detail:
* Adds 5 tools to the game
* Pawns can use tools from their inventory as well as what they're holding (highly recommend using Mehni's Pick Up And Haul with this)
* Different materials affect a tool's effectiveness in different ways
* Colonists get significant work speed penalties in jobs that they lack the proper tools for
* Tools will wear out over use

XeoNovaDan

Alright, considering 1.0 unstable's out, I might as well post my plans for mod updating:

Definitely Updating:

• Forbiddable Debris
  • Genetically Engineered Plants
  • Memorable Auroras
  • Profitable Weapons
  • Proper Shotguns
  • Ranged Stagger Rebalanced
  • Targeting Modes
  • TE Turret Expansion
  • Turret Extensions
  • Visible Pants

Most Likely Updating:

• Adjustable Predator Count
  • Simple Plastic
  • Watermill Tweaks

I will also only be updating when 1.0 officially releases, with Steam versions being updated over the release day and GitHub versions the day after. Plans for my listed WIP mods also haven't changed and both will be released exclusively for 1.0.

crusader2010

@XeoNovaDan

Hello,

I think there is a small bug in TE Turret Expansion.

Given:
- not having researched the techs needed to be able to upgrade a turret
- finish building a turret and clicking on the button to upgrade it
- finish researching the techs needed to be able to do the upgrade

Expected result:
- when the research is done, a pawn should work on the turret to upgrade it (suppose the required materials are already there)

Actual result:
- the turret doesn't get upgraded but just sits there with the green "+" on its icon

Workaround:
- reinstall the turret to any other spot, wait for it to get worked on, then move it back

Thanks!
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

XeoNovaDan

@crusader2010 - I assume this is relating to doing something such as somehow acquiring a turret from a world event? Because IIRC the research requirements for upgrading are the same as the requirements to even build. Either way, I will look into it and should be fixed for the 1.0 release if I can reproduce this.

crusader2010

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on October 07, 2018, 03:53:40 AM
@crusader2010 - I assume this is relating to doing something such as somehow acquiring a turret from a world event? Because IIRC the research requirements for upgrading are the same as the requirements to even build. Either way, I will look into it and should be fixed for the 1.0 release if I can reproduce this.

Actually no. I could build for example the automated gun (can't remember the name but it looks like a small battleship cannon, that cannot be uninstalled). I could build it, the materials for the upgrade were there, but pawns didn't do anything with them. At first I didn't realize it was about the research so I built a new one - which got upgraded! (Probably researched something in the mean time). My old one still doesn't get upgraded. Same happened with a sniper turret. I built it but couldn't upgrade it before installing it somewhere else (this one i looked and it requires 2 researches that i had done). I'm using lots of mods but none that alter research.

XeoNovaDan

Odd. IIRC the autocannon turret required its own research project and the mini-sniper turret also needs 2 research projects (gun turrets and precision rifling). IIRC this issue was also reported on Steam but I couldn't reproduce it.

Even with the rich explorer scenario, only the standard mini-turret is buildable.

crusader2010

When i get home i could provide a saved game if it's of any use (and mod config). Let me know how i can help track this down.

XeoNovaDan

Yep, if you can do exactly that, that'd be great! It'd be a nice one to be able to hunt down and bash :)

crusader2010

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on October 07, 2018, 04:46:31 AM
Yep, if you can do exactly that, that'd be great! It'd be a nice one to be able to hunt down and bash :)

Here are the saved games: SAVED GAMES
Here is the list of mods (except CORE) if you want to try more stuff with my customized version of Rimworld: My mods

Notes:
- The archives are done with WinRar and RAR5 format. You might need that to open them.
- The autocannon that didn't get upgraded was the one on the right (from the more recent saved game), yet, for whatever reason, when loading that game it appears as being upgraded already. I went back to the oldest save I had, in the hopes of seeing the bug occur - see the second saved game in the archive.
- The mannable turret should be upgradable but nothing happens. Right clicking also doesn't show up the option.
- The unupgraded autocannon is missing one advanced component. I remember that I bought some from traders, yet no pawn could actually go to upgrade the turret.
- If you spawn advanced components via the developers' menu, you can suddenly upgrade both the autocannon and the mannable turret (right clicking also shows up what it should).

PS: if you plan on using all the mods, choose "load anyway" on the saved games since I added 3 of them while still playing (that don't impact anything related to turrets).

Edit: wrong links - fixed :)

XeoNovaDan

gkolocsar

Hi! Very nice mods :)

I was wondering if these mods are compatible with 1.0 version.

Will probably test them later today.

Regards,

XeoNovaDan

I did check with an initial 1.0 port and yes, all mods work fine with 1.0. though targeting modes may not play nicely since it needs jecstools which i'm unsure of regarding 1.0. I have been able to remove the dependency since though.

I may be slow with updating since I'm a bit burnt out on modding and life is also happening, but I'll try my best to stick to my original plan.

Ruisuki

XeoNovaDan

Updated all Steam releases of my mods for 1.0, with the exception of Watermill Tweaks which is getting somewhat of a rewrite. GitHub releases will follow over the next couple or so days.

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
Not recommended to use this with Combat Extended. Can safely be added to and removed from ongoing savegames.

Though there won't be any issues using this with sniper rifles from mods, the aforementioned sniper rifles will need to be patched in order to give accuracy bonuses.

If you find any bugs, please link me to a full output log and give some basic information on how you triggered the bug; this is vital information for me to be able to fix said bugs.

Download
GitHub (source)
Steam

Back to my other mods

Overview
Ever thought that it was silly that whoever uses a sniper rifle never actually took advantage of its scope and ended up having the same sort of accuracy as if they used a weapon with iron sights, despite scopes having this fabled ability to zoom in on targets to enhance accuracy?

Now colonists and raders alike can use their sniper's scope to hit their shots more often at longer distances! In gameplay terms, a sniper rifle now gives the equipping character a shooting accuracy bonus equivalent to having the Careful shooter trait.

Happy hunting!

Credits
Marnador - for their RimWorld-style font

License
As is standard with my mods: you may include this mod in a mod pack, and you may derive from this, but please inform me if you're doing so through Ludeon Forums (preferably) or the Steam Comments Section, and give credit where credit's due.