* Spring: 1.3x -> 1.2x
  * Fall: 0.9x -> 1.1x
  * Winter: 0.8x -> 0.7x
* Power production thresholds from low temperatures now vary per river type
  * Creek: -5°C half and -8°C zero
  * River: -10°C half and -15°C zero
  * Large River: -15°C half and -23°C zero
  * Huge River: -20°C half and -30°C zero

@crusader2010 - Haven't gotten around to fixing yet since burnout set in and life picked up a little, but my motivation has picked up with 1.0. If this is still reproducible with 1.0, please let me know!

Sorry for being slow with the fix so far.

crusader2010

@XeoNovaDan: no worries, life should always come first :) Thing is I won't be playing 1.0 for a while now since a lot of the mods I use are not compatible with it yet. For now I haven't built more of the cannons yet, but I will after the steel stockpile gets refreshed lol. Also I did change some mods around, to try and solve small issues. If you ever have the mood and time to check it out for B19, the links from above will always be valid :) if it happens again when i eventually get to play 1.0, i'm going to write here for sure.

Thanks!
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

ptx

Genetic Plants. Artiveg, the best food plants. Duraveg is also excellent for its intended purpose. Branchvine spacing is just like a tree, although the texture is just one tile, a denser spacing like the artivegs would be nice. Rocket tree grows a very long time, and for relatively low yield. Anyway, great mod XND, saved my last two colonies from starvation.  :)

XeoNovaDan

@ptx - Glad that Genetically Engineered Plants helped :)

Yeah, Branchvine would kinda grow outwards after growing downwards, which would write-off sowing anything directly adjacently. IIRC Rocketree's output was balanced around being slightly better than if oak trees were to be grown, chopped and refined, though it may indeed be worth tweaking upwards given the alternative means of acquisition.

XeoNovaDan

Note: This is now part of Animals Logic as per my own Pull Request. Therefore, this mod has now been deprecated.

Compatibility
Shouldn't conflict with any other mods. Can be safely added to and removed from ongoing savegames.

If you find any bugs, please link me to a full output log and give some basic information on how you triggered the bug; this is vital information for me to be able to fix said bugs.

Download
GitHub (source)
Steam

Back to my other mods

Overview
Medical Alerts For Animals is a very simple quality-of-life (or QoL) mod that shows alerts on the right-hand side of the screen whenever animals need treatment (whether from injuries or diseases), rescuing, or whether they're on the brink of death either from critical blood loss or severe illnesses - just like with colonists in vanilla.

Why does this exist? - There have been several occasions where valuable or bonded animals died from conditions such as blood loss, without any notification or therefore knowledge of that problem happening in the first place, and since there surprisingly aren't any mods which add any such notifications, this now exists!

Credits
Marnador - for their RimWorld-style font

License
As is standard with my mods: you may include this mod in a mod pack, and you may derive from this, but please inform me if you're doing so through Ludeon Forums (preferably) or the Steam Comments Section, and give credit where credit's due.

onerous1

I am using Survival Tools with a new game. I edited Tribal start to only include a steel axe and sickle. However, once I loaded the world the other tools were still scattered across the map. I did save the custom scenario but did not test to see if it removed tools would spawn again without editing a scenario.

XeoNovaDan

@onerous1 - Yeah, the scattered tools is currently hardcoded into the GenStep that creates those ruined buildings, rather than being a ScenPart. I could probably change that, but it may take quite a bit of work and would also affect some compatibility with other mods since they wouldn't have the scattered tools.

AileTheAlien

Watermill Tweaks has a bug / error for 1.0; Log:
Command line arguments: -logfile /tmp/rimworld_log
Verse.Log:Message(String, Boolean)
Verse.Root:CheckGlobalInit()
Verse.Root:Start()
Verse.Root_Entry:Start()

RimWorld 1.0.2059 rev1008
Verse.Log:Message(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.VersionControl:LogVersionNumber()
Verse.Root:CheckGlobalInit()
Verse.Root:Start()
Verse.Root_Entry:Start()

XML error: <targetTypes><li>Map_PlayerHome</li></targetTypes> doesn't correspond to any field in type IncidentDef. Context: <IncidentDef><defName>TurbulentWaters</defName><label>turbulent waters</label><category>Misc</category><targetTypes><li>Map_PlayerHome</li></targetTypes><workerClass>WatermillTweaks.IncidentWorker_TurbulentWaters</workerClass><gameCondition>TurbulentWaters</gameCondition><letterDef>NegativeEvent</letterDef><letterLabel>Turbulent waters</letterLabel><letterText>Due to some heavy rainfall upstream or some other disturbances, the river is flowing more quickly than normal. Watermill generators will produce more power but will also get damaged over time.</letterText><baseChance>0.5</baseChance><minRefireDays>15</minRefireDays><durationDays><min>1</min><max>3</max></durationDays></IncidentDef>
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXml(XmlNode, Boolean)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
Verse.DirectXmlLoader:DefFromNode(XmlNode, LoadableXmlAsset)
Verse.LoadedModManager:ParseAndProcessXML(XmlDocument, Dictionary`2)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

XeoNovaDan

@AileTheAlien - That was an issue that should've been fixed in v1.1.2 (current is v1.2) of Watermill tweaks since targetTypes was changed to targetTags. I assume you're using quite a heavily outdated version of the mod?

Thanks anyway!

XeoNovaDan

Updated Profitable Weapons to v1.2.6. This solely fixes the issue with MendAndRecycle where mending weapons wouldn't remove L tag.

Also decided to change date formatting for this thread to ISO 8601 :P

XeoNovaDan

Multilingual Support
中文 - fatestartnight

Compatibility
Should be safely addable to existing savegames, though do note that you will need to make tools for all of your colonists if this is the case since they won't work at full speed otherwise. There may be some errors thrown when removing this from an ongoing save, though these should be harmless other than all tools being removed from that game.

Survival Tools is fully functional with the following mods:

• Alpha Animals
  • Atlas' Materials
  • Combat Extended
  • Crystalloid (Rewritten)
  • Dubs Bad Hygiene
  • Expanded Woodworking (+ VGP patch)*
  • Fluffy Breakdowns
  • Glitter Tech
  • Kura's Extra Gems
  • Kura's Extra Stone
  • Mechalit Core
  • MendAndRecycle
  • Metals+
  • Quarry
  • RimBees
  • Rimefeller
  • Rim of Madness - Bones
  • Rimsenal: Federation
  • Turret Extensions
  • Vegetable Garden

* - Make sure that Survival Tools is below in the load order

Do note that if using this with Turret Extensions, make sure that this is below Turret Extensions in the load order otherwise errors will be thrown on startup. I am not sure how to fix this.

There have been reported oddities with Simple Sidearms (not on my end though) and Pawns are Capable; I will look into these in the near-future (as of 2018-12-13). That being said, there are probably many mods out there which this could benefit from functionality patching with! If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know.

If you find any bugs, please link me to a full output log and give some basic information on how you triggered the bug; this is vital information for me to be able to fix said bugs.

Download
GitHub (source)
Steam

Back to my other mods

Overview
Survival Tools adds several essential tools to RimWorld as well as an actual need to manage those tools. To make management easier, an alert will display on the right-hand side of the screen when colonists don't have the tools they need to perform tasks that they're assigned to do. I'd also highly recommend using Cut Plants Before Building with this.

The following is a list of tools that are added, and what stats they affect:

• Axe  - Tree felling speed
  • Pickaxe - Digging speed; Mining yield (digging)
  • Hammer - Construction speed
  • Sickle - Plant harvest speed
  • Glitterworld Multitool - All of the above

If a colonist doesn't have any tools required for a certain stat, they receive a significant work speed penalty in that stat - though colonists with good tools will actually be more efficient compared to vanilla. Colonists can use tools either equipped in their main hand or from their inventory - the functionality to pick up items being added allowing for the latter, and in turn allowing non-violents to use tools. Colonists can only hold up to two tools at once in their inventory, though tool belts increase that to four.

Most tools can be produced at crafting spots or smithies, but can also be found in structures upon generation of a new map or purchased from traders and settlements. Tool belts are only producible at tailoring benches though, as well as purchaseable.

The overall effectiveness of a tool is determined by what it's made out of, as well as its quality. For example: a plasteel axe will be great at cutting down trees, and a uranium pickaxe will be the most effective at digging through rocks and otherwise extracting resources from veins.

Beware though, since tools do actually degrade over use! The useful lifespan of a tool depends on its maximum HP and its quality. If colonists are using tools that will degrade soon, an alert will show on the right-hand side of the screen prompting you to replace those tools.

Several features can be toggled, including the inventory limitation for tools and the degradation rate of tools as they get used. There is also a toggle for a hardcore mode which makes certain tasks completely impossible without tools (e.g. mining), as well as increasing the rate at which tools degrade.