[1.0] XND's RimWorld Mods - Updated 2019-10-06

Started by XeoNovaDan, January 13, 2017, 10:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

These Carpenter bench is a nice addition.
QuoteHaving better control over who can make certain furniture without having to micromanage your builders, thus allowing for better quality control (much like QualityBuilder)
I just did a quick test and didn't played with a colony so far.
Yes you can made a bill to craft furniture until you have x with y quality.
But what's about the one you crafted with lower quality, does they get marked for deconstruction ?
At last you should add a bill to deconstruct furniture/recreation, similar to the appareal ones from mending/VGP.

I think it wouldn't be easy to implement, that the bills get a skill requirement when you increase the lower quality of a bill.
But i think that is more a part for Better workbench managment.

XeoNovaDan

@Canute - Not at the moment but automatic deconstructing of lower quality furniture would definitely be an interesting challenge to take on, going to have a crack at it now. Regarding skill requirements when targeting certain quality levels, yeah, that wouldn't be practical to design as you touched on since quality in RimWorld is random in nature - even low levels can make good furniture, and vice-versa. Bills allow you to set minimum skill requirements anyway, so I'd personally still leave that to user discretion.

JT

Wow, the carpenter's bench looks great!  It's hilarious in hindsight that no one thought to do this before, since building furniture before placing it has been a staple of Dwarf Fortress since forever.

It wouldn't be too tough to make a custom disassemble bill that takes any minified furniture item with a thingFilter.  You'd still need a custom RecipeWorkerCounter class to handle the job, but most of it could still be handled in vanilla.  With the thing filter, the player could specify the quality ranges of furniture to deconstruct -- so if she doesn't want Poor or worse, she would just set the quality range of her "disassemble" bill to Awful~Poor, etc.  The only tricky-dicky part is pulling the ThingOwner from the minified thing, but thankfully even that's already stored in the innerContainer field.

[edit] Couple minor tweaks, took forever to re-find "RecipeWorkerCounter" in ILSpy. =P

XeoNovaDan

@JT - Thanks for the insight! I wish I saw this one before I pushed v1.1... oh well, there's always the next update soon™

Speaking of v1.1, that's now out which implements QualityBuilder-like deconstruction of low-quality furniture depending on how the furniture assembling bill was configured. Also adds a Japanese translation by Proxyer.

code99xx

I have a quick question for the carpenter's table.

I wanted to make some marble beds with it but noticed I couldnt choose the material to make it from? I dont want my pawns to make them out of wood for example, i only want marble but there doesnt seem to be a way to specify that ...

Am I missing something?

Canute

Prolly yes.
Normaly when you click on Detail from that bill, at the new window you got at the right side a material selection.
If you don't see these i think another intefere with it and you should try to move this mod at the end of the modlist, or near the begining.

XeoNovaDan

@code99xx - As Canute said, you can change it via bill details. Do note that if you're using an older version of the Common Sense mod, that used to interfere with the interface and make it so you couldn't change the materials.

XeoNovaDan

This simple mod aims to make combat more interesting and more immersive by making biological pawns produce adrenaline whenever they are put into fight-or-flight situations. Yes, all biological pawns, from Joe Colonist, to that manhunting squirrel on day 5, and everybody else in between!

Adrenaline primarily boosts a pawn's consciousness, movement and melee damage while also reducing the amount of pain that they can feel - so they're really giving the fight 110%! However, after a prolonged adrenaline rush, pawns may then experience the opposite: adrenaline crashes that make them feel lethargic for a short period of time.

Some pawns may also be adrenaline junkies who get mood boosts from simply being in the heat of the action! However, other pawns may instead be cool-headed and never get worked up from the intense situations that adrenaline junkies practically live for.

Adrenaline also has another cool effect: If a pawn is downed and was carrying an adrenaline syringe in their inventory, you can make them inject that syringe and they can potentially get back into the fight! Beware though, because raiders can also do this!

Adrenaline can be synthesised at drug labs once you research penoxycyline production.

Any aspects of this mod that you don't like? You can disable natural adrenaline gains, animal adrenaline gains, adrenaline crashes and raiders using adrenaline when downed entirely in this mod's settings.

I recommend using Smart Medicine with this so that you can make your pawns stock up on adrenaline syringes without the limitations of vanilla drug policies. This also works well with Combat Extended!