Want to see YOUR mod in RimWorld?

Started by milon, January 13, 2017, 11:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poroh

Fresh stockpile filter
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30004
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=845898290

Adds additional stockpile filter for fresh items. Like *rotten but opposite.
Really helps for more fine-tuning stockpiles.

gariba

Submitting "Draw a Bead":
Scales aiming time with shooting skill, consciousness, sight and manipulation.
Steam workshop link

cuproPanda

Not really submitting a mod, but a feature some of my mods use: CompSunlight. It really bothers me how a solar panel is able to absorb full sunlight when it's pouring down rain. This component checks the weather and adds a restrictive multiplier to simulate cloud coverage, fog blockage, etc. Here's an implementation of the matching component which handles changing the power output.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

O Negative

This is less of a suggestion, and more of a donation that you can choose to cherry pick from. Osteo+
In this mod, I've written the xml for 110 bones that aren't currently included for the human body, as well as added them to the human body def. A majority of them are for the bones of the hands and feet, but there are only a few that I really feel should be included. The fibula is the primary bone that I feel should to be included. Especially after seeing this thread lol

After testing a 1000 colonist genocide via mechanoid raid and observing the injuries of the deceased, I would say 95% of the bones I added didn't come up in my results even once. So, you probably shouldn't bother cluttering up the human body def with them. The bones that didn't show up include the carpals, metacarpals, tarsals, metatarsals, and phalanges (phalanx). These bones only showed a 0.02% chance of getting hit in the debugger. The idea of broken bones in the hands and feet was interesting, but the results of my test(s) were underwhelming...

XeoNovaDan

Second time that I've posted (IIRC), and I'm not entirely sure if this thread still applies to mods to be included for A18 at this point, but I'm going to put in an additional 10p here mainly so that it's brought to attention.

Quality Cooldown

Makes quality subtly affect the cooldown of melee and ranged weapons - with the latter also being affected by weapon condition; ranged weapons below 90% health will see their cooldown times deteriorate, and more dramatically so when below 30% health.

Melee Weapons have a 10% longer cooldown (awful quality = 1.1x multiplier) to 10% relatively shorter cooldown (legendary = 0.911x multiplier). Ranged weapons have a 20% longer cooldown (awful quality = 1.2x multiplier) to 20% relatively shorter cooldown (legendary = 0.833x multiplier).

Normal quality of course is 1x for both.

I feel this will be beneficial not only for a bit of immersion (and the 'simulation' of mechanical weapon parts degrading with condition), but also quality will bear relevance to the damage output of certain forced miss radius ranged weapons such as the minigun. No more 10% HP awful quality miniguns performing identically to pristine legendary quality miniguns!

Spino

Now that I have fixed some bugs/tweaked some things, I'd like to submit the Megafauna mod for this. I did my best to make it fit the vanilla Rimworld art style  :)
At the time of writing this, it adds 14 new rare animals that are all based on extinct species, just like the vanilla megasloth - which this mod was inspired by, by the way!

spincrus

I am not entirely sure if this would be considered suitable for the vision you guys have for the overall fauna of RimWorld, but I'd like to submit my mod Dinosauria.

I tried to keep it lore-friendly and tried to make the sprites as compatible with the vanilla RimWorld art style as possible (was quite a challenge due to the vastly different dinosaur morphology compared to mammals).

It's also constantly being updated, with additional species (currently 13+1, with the last not yet implemented into the Defs) in the works. I'm also aware that some balancing may also be required down the road.

Cheers!

Mehni

There are two mods I'd like to see integrated in vanilla:

Number 22 with Rice, which simply defaults the hydroponics bay to rice. Rice is, without a doubt, the better choice to grow in hydroponics and the default potatoes are the worst possible choice. Having a building defaulting to something else might convince some people to look up soil fertility. If not, at least they're sowing a crop that's objectively better.

The second one is Sun Tzu's Raider Tactics. When A17 toted "better and improved AI" I was expected a more interesting raid type, or an AI that's more aggressive. This mod adds a new and exciting type of raid. The execution is quite simple, but its effects make for a very interesting battle.

Spidercamp

I'm way late on this thread, but I made a sheep that I think meets the qualifications. Man would it be cool to see it become a permanent fixture. I just uploaded it to the Steam workshop yesterday, but I've been playing with it since A15.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1169263268&searchtext=

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

general2231

I think Wandering Caravans could be suitable addition to the core game. It adds the ability for pack animals carrying a balanced randomly generated inventory to spawn like regular animals, because they have been separated from their trade caravan and are just 'wandering' the map, which seems pretty vanilla friendly and a nice bonus for players that have these caravans stumble upon their colony or travelling caravan. Would love to see it added :)
"Last chance, Etrius"

Owner of G223 Productions

My mods:
Wandering Caravans

Varisha

Hi,

i suggest to include ExtendendInspectData - Mod.

Currently the inspect window contains quite less information especially for zones and multiple selections of items.
I added some basic information to the inspect window to fill this gap. You can see what is covered by now in the linked thread (includes screenshots).

Note:
I inherit from a Core-Class and replaced it via Patch-Operation. I reused the Core-behaviour except for the things I provide more details for.
Drop me a message for any question to this :)

There is still room for improvements or more extensions to other selections.

Regards Vari

Derek227

My Mod simply adds energy efficient lighting to the game.  Research included!
It added a CFL and LED standing lamp.  They look exactly like the normal lamps but consume less power.
CFL = 30W
LED = 12W

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=774849061

Spidercamp

Additional decorative plants (with a couple of bonsai versions of existing trees): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/re07u68ywt9hc48/AAAqy5ZyPdz6MOOXGfmvMCP0a?dl=0

Horses - 4 varieties with varying speeds, strength and beauty: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2z8hjae5ne57tih/AAAvVXXbd_mx_3GkQ66TbmNfa?dl=0

9 new dog breeds with varying strength, size and beauty (Collie, Border Collie, Doberman, Mastiff, Mini Schnauzer, Caucasian Shepherd, Golden Retriever, St. Bernard, Chow Chow): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eb11z2nnebknko5/AAB3Quyx8V11DPv_OlF4s1wTa?dl=0

Sheep updated for B18 and re-balanced: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/joea35nz7gdwb5k/AAAO2MJqo4hqSNEpIfzobjLaa?dl=0

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

AileTheAlien

ET's Nutrient Paste Dispenser

I made a mod to fix/replace the current nutrient paste dispenser and hopper.
(See this discussion thread.)
The main thing it fixes, is that pawns were constantly hauling to hoppers, which goes against the description that it's a low-time way to make meals.
This isn't new stuff, but I figure my best hope of having the NPD reworked / not have terrible hopper-hauling, is to post my mod here, and save the effort of this particular implementation. :)

Albion

I would like to throw my Sparkling Worlds mod in the ring.
Specifically the events from said mod. Those can be found in the More Events Addon.
I even patched the mod to be compatible with the current build of unstable 1.0 with some bugfixing and changes. It can be downloaded from here: Dropbox link
I also included the source code.