Cryo Healing Caskets "stasis regenerative chamber"

Started by Jstank, January 14, 2017, 12:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jstank

-They take a long time (1 season)
-They can heal scars, permanent diseases and boost immunity from plague malaria etc!*
-They cannot regenerate limbs/organs! That would be OP and overshadow the work done on surgeries/human parts!
-They work like cryo sleep caskets but are very expensive!

Crafting -
        10 glitter world medicine
        15 Uranium
        15 components
        1 AI core*
        50 Steel*
Fuel -
        1 glitter world medicine per cycle
Special Conditions
        maintain temperature between (25-45° Celsius)

Cycle
        1 season

So you would be out of a colonist for a year and it is very end game, but it would be a great way for you to get rid of those pesky scars!

*Glowing red = edits by user comment
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

schizmo

This is the first and only suggestion of this type that I actually think is decent, because you understand that technology like this is inherently Glitterworld tech and not something that a bunch of farmers could scrap together with pieces from Radio Shack. I might even say stick an AI core in there, too. After all, something has to "control" the casket.

+1

Jstank

I really like that idea! Amended!!!!

- Bernard of Clairvaux

CrazyEyes

I like this idea! The only thing I'd amend is requiring steel for the construction as well (maybe plasteel) since you're probably not constructing the pod out of the uranium.  :P
Before you talk to me, I should warn you: I am kind of strange.

JuicyPVP

I would build this in my base if it did those things. Even if it needed an air core.

lllMWNlll

Quote from: Jstank on January 14, 2017, 12:35:15 AM
-They take a long time (1 season)
-They can heal scars!
-They work like cryo sleep caskets but are very expensive!

Crafting -
        10 glitter world medicine
        15 Uranium
        15 components
        1 AI core*
Fuel -
        1 glitter world medicine per cycle
Cycle
        1 season

So you would be out of a colonist for a year and it is very end game, but it would be a great way for you to get rid of those pesky scars!

*Because its automated!
I liked the idea.

But for us humans, our natural regenerative system requires heat (36-37° Celsius) so proteins and cells related to tissue regeneration could work and not denaturate¹. So they can't be cold, and them not has cryptosleep casket with addon of healing, maybe a "stasis regenerative chamber" it would make more sense for real-world medical aplication.

I think it should be supervised by a doctor and not by a core of ariticial intelligence, or maybe it can be automatized but supervised by a doctor.

¹ - Denaturation process happens with too much heat or too cold, which causes the amino acids in the chain changing the position of them by denaturing the protein by de-functionalising it

Jstank

MWN,

I like that idea but 34 - 35 degrees C is a very narrow range. For the sake of game mechanics I would say that we need to open that up a bit. What do you say we add say 10 degrees to each end? 45~25c???

I also added some steel to the recipe by request. It should be a fairly expensive thing after all..

And if we are going to put the temp requirement, what do you think should happen to the patient if the temperature is violated mid cycle?

Once we get the details hammered out I would like to put this in as a mod request. Does it sound like something like this is doable?

- Bernard of Clairvaux

Xevion

We already have a basic mod for the scars part.
Maybe you could ask him to donate some code/time for this.

Scroll down for Dermal Regenerator.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14177.0
https://github.com/Skullywag/DermalRegenerator/releases/tag/DermalRegenerator1.8

Jstank

- Bernard of Clairvaux

Madman666

The idea is quite nice, scars are incredibly annoying. One year is a long, but probably balanced way of healing them. But that right temperature stuff is kind of not good... I mean we are not fermenting the guy. And if its such an advanced piece of medical technology, I think it should properly maintain right temperature inside and shouldn't really care about the outside. As for conditions - it should eat a lot of power (real lot) and if you lose the power - process stops, until powered again. If you really wanna have it hardcore - make it completely drop the process, if power not restored in a certain amount of time. So Solar Flare won't screw it up, but if your power is all Solar and Eclipse happens - that could ruin everything.

hector212121

What about adding a medicine neurotrainer as a database for the AI core to access?

Also, I'd recommend Plasteel over Steel.

Sola

AI cores are not cheap.  I like the idea of a super expensive "healing pod" at spacer tech that can get the job done like this. 
Two tiers of construction jobs.  One for expensive/quality items, and one for walls/floors/etc.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28669.0

lllMWNlll

Quote from: Jstank on January 15, 2017, 06:25:12 PM
MWN,

I like that idea but 34 - 35 degrees C is a very narrow range. For the sake of game mechanics I would say that we need to open that up a bit. What do you say we add say 10 degrees to each end? 45~25c???

I also added some steel to the recipe by request. It should be a fairly expensive thing after all..

And if we are going to put the temp requirement, what do you think should happen to the patient if the temperature is violated mid cycle?

Once we get the details hammered out I would like to put this in as a mod request. Does it sound like something like this is doable?

Human body can make auto-adjustments to be in 36° - 37°c,
45° this far of the range, too heat.
25°c are ok.
Don't forget for 45° is desertic temperature here in Earth and a heatwave from the game can easily up to 50°C making the body enter in Heat Stroke even if healing.

I suggest to work something around the forecast Miami prediction temperature of 2017:
http://www.accuweather.com/pt/US/Miami-FL/33128/december-weather/347936
should give something like this 26,6667 ~ 20°c (converting farenheit to celsius), i searched in portuguese my natural language...

[Min]20°C ~ 30°C[Max] should be a great value, body can work in this temperature without problem, speaking a medical and gaming coherence this is a great value.

Besides the great cost of building this Health Pod, it requires a A/C and a heater to keep under this temperature, increasing it's difficulty.

Making something around 200 steel, 2 components plus, also a closed room.

Quote from: hector212121 on January 16, 2017, 05:52:31 PM
What about adding a medicine neurotrainer as a database for the AI core to access?

Also, I'd recommend Plasteel over Steel.

Neurotrainer? Did you mean increasing skills while inside the Health Pod, or changing annoying traits? Or both?

In the case of "changing traits", would be too OP...
Increasing skill while inside the Health Pod it's a interesting idea.

ABOUT THE NAME
"Cryo Healing Casket" i get the idea i liked.
Let's remove the Cryo, assembles cold thing.

Healing Casket
Or
Healing sarcophagus too much "dead" for me
Or has i suggest in earlier post:
(SRC) Stasis Regenerative Chamber i like the word Stasis, in dictionary means Lack of ability to act in any circumstances by paralysis or numbness. Regenerative to the healing capability and chamber well... It's a chamber, we can call coffin if you like.