[A17] Lockable Doors

Started by Khell, January 14, 2017, 05:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khell

Yes, it seems Clutter Structure uses the same namespace (LockableDoors) for its doors as my mod. The DLLs are also named the same. The one that is first in load order will be loaded and the ones after ignored. Then when the game goes to load the XML defs it cannot find the required classes. mrofa is there a chance you can move your version into your ClutterStructure namespace with the rest of your mod?

faltonico

Hello there!
Is there any difference between in what this mod do and Mrofa's Clutter Structure?

sanya02

Yes, big difference! This mod is very useful! Especially with a modded Dubs Bad Hygiene! Strangers will come to your room to wash)

Sarelth

I have not been able to get the door lock bit to work at all for my save. Is there a specific mod order needed? I have a ton of mods, but nothing shows up as conflicting with this one. Will keep trying to change mod order and find the culprit as I would really like to be able to lock doors in my colony.

Rocket_Raccoon

Mod works great, only thing that is a bit annoying is that pets of colonists gets locked out by locking the doors.
Is there a way to change that?
Anyhow, great work so far!

MercuryDoll

Sadly doesn't play well with Misc Robots, as they are technically not a colonist they can't use the door since they can't be assigned.

minakurafto

Quote from: MercuryDoll on February 02, 2017, 10:20:17 AM
Sadly doesn't play well with Misc Robots, as they are technically not a colonist they can't use the door since they can't be assigned.
it also aplies to animal/ pet cant enter because we cant assign animal

is it possible to add feature select all and deselect all? it's for circumstance like: i have 10 pawn and a want all pawn except 1 pawn cant enter, currently it's not effecient to click and search 9 name but with the feature it can reduced to only 2 click

drakulux

I have found a bug with the mod, If you assign 2 out of the 3 colonists to a door and then afterwards edit the list, unless you forbid and unforbid the door, the new edit will no take effect. So the edits do not take effect without forbidding and unforbidding.

I have also made this compatible with clutter structures for myself :P I do not mind sharing as long as the author doesnt mind and also I will not keep up with the updates, Hopefully Khell will decide to make his mod compatible, all I did was change the namespaces to ownedDoors and the dll name as well. Took me half the day to get the tools and figure out as I do not know C#, but it works fine, just tested, that's how I found the bug above. I have 0 error messages too.

mrofa

No need for Khell to make it compatibile. Since it was my lazines to not change namespace  ;D New version of clutter structure is compatibile.
Thrugh i must admit that Khell version is better from game management point

All i do is clutter all around.

drakulux

Quote from: mrofa on February 04, 2017, 08:29:47 AM
No need for Khell to make it compatibile. Since it was my lazines to not change namespace  ;D New version of clutter structure is compatibile.
Thrugh i must admit that Khell version is better from game management point

Thats nice that they are now compatible after I spent have the day cracking my skull :p thank you very much.  And i agree khells method is very nice gameplay wise but it still needs some stuff to be ironned out like with pets, and having to forbid and unforbid.

Rocket_Raccoon

An update for A17 for this would be awesome since without the option to restrict access there is something missing.

kaptain_kavern

Mrofa's mod : Clutter   also have a lockable door and is A17 ready

Rocket_Raccoon

Yeah, but in a different way than in this mod. I want to be able to select who gets a key and who not :p

mrofa

Thats a interesting aspect just might add it in when i get to figure out how mod menu works :D
All i do is clutter all around.

drakulux

Quote from: mrofa on June 19, 2017, 12:53:57 PM
Thats a interesting aspect just might add it in when i get to figure out how mod menu works :D

Yay!