Stomach Destroyed Impacts Smoking Speed but not Doctor Feeding Speed

Started by malloc, January 14, 2017, 06:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

malloc

I have a pawn with a destroyed stomach.  As expected it takes hours for the pawn to feed itself (WAD). 

When injured, however, a doctor can feed the missing stomach patient in the normal time it would take to feed any patient with all organs intact.  I would expect the feeding to take a similar amount of time whether the pawn is self-feeding or being fed by a doctor given the missing stomach is the issue.  The doctor has no feasible way to force potatoes/meals/etc in safely at an accelerated rate that the pawn wouldn't also have access to when healthy.

Additionally, the pawn smokes smokeleaf joints at the same slow speed as eating.  Given the process should be smoking and not eating, a missing stomach should not impact the speed of drug consumption.  I have not tested whether other drug intake methods (snorting, injecting) have a similar slow intake speed.

ison

Quote from: malloc on January 14, 2017, 06:59:33 AM
When injured, however, a doctor can feed the missing stomach patient in the normal time it would take to feed any patient with all organs intact.  I would expect the feeding to take a similar amount of time whether the pawn is self-feeding or being fed by a doctor given the missing stomach is the issue.  The doctor has no feasible way to force potatoes/meals/etc in safely at an accelerated rate that the pawn wouldn't also have access to when healthy.

On one hand it makes sense, but on the other it will take doctors' precious time, and I'm afraid they will just spend too long feeding their patients. hmm

Quote from: malloc on January 14, 2017, 06:59:33 AM
Additionally, the pawn smokes smokeleaf joints at the same slow speed as eating.  Given the process should be smoking and not eating, a missing stomach should not impact the speed of drug consumption.  I have not tested whether other drug intake methods (snorting, injecting) have a similar slow intake speed.

Fixed, thanks.

Tynan

I'm willing to let doctors feed at their speed. They have special tubes or something.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog