[A12] Manual Turrets (v1.0.0)

Started by SlimeCrusher, September 23, 2015, 02:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlimeCrusher

Manual Turrets
Version 1.0.0 - First release!
Made by SlimeCrusher

Description:

This mod adds 5 new manned turrets to the game. I will let you this pic explain the mod for you:

Actually, you can craft ammo (not missiles though) on the "ammunitions table", wich is basically a slightly modified machining table, with the same graphics (i have the "lazy" trait)
Forgot to add:
Mortar barrage unlocks with "Mortars" research
AA gun unlocks with "Anti-Aircraft emplacement" research
Manual gun unlocks with "Manual turrets" research (necessary for rest of weaponry)
Anti-tank missile platform unlocks with, well "Anti-tank missile platform" research  (unlocks after unlocking each of the other turrets, with the exeption of Mortars)
Incendiary turret unlocks with "Incendiary turrets" research

Note:
I wasn't originally going to release this any time soon, but after seeing how people started to want manned alternatives for autoturrets, then i thought on releasing it. Though i believe i exagerated a bit on the amount of turrets...

Changelog:

Quote from: Manual Turrets version history1.0.0: First release!

Known Bugs:

.Colonists abort manning the weapons after taking damage. Either avoid getting damage, or micromanage every time a colonist gets shot. Or just wear shields. Can't really do anything about it, RimWorld AI...

Found a bug? Found a weapon underpowered*? Overpowered*? Let me know!

*taking into account stuff like research difficulty, ammo cost, work to build, etc... Not just DPS.
Download:
Mediafire (Direct)

Disclaimer:
You can use anything you like from this mod, just make sure to ask me first, or atleast let me know you're gonna use it!

Ectoplasm

I like me some turrets, the more the merrier! Any idea on compatibility with More Vanilla Turrets & Turret Collection?

SlimeCrusher

Bump...
Come on guys! I know you can do better than JUST a single reply!  ::)

About compatibility, i'm sure it will work ok, no reason to not work.

rsof69

Can you make a research that will make them auto but more ridiculously expensive

Fluffy (l2032)

You might want to change the name, I actually thought these turrets allowed me to take manual control (which would be frigging awesome, get on it!). "Manned" might be better?

akiceabear

These look nice, especially the flamer. Any chance of a Combat Realism compatibility patch?

Armyguy

SlimeCrusher

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on September 28, 2015, 06:51:42 AM
You might want to change the name, I actually thought these turrets allowed me to take manual control (which would be frigging awesome, get on it!). "Manned" might be better?
I already made a mod called "Manned turrets". It's outdated as hell so i may as well change the name :p

I'll try to get it to work with combat realism later.

«Temple»

Hey what do you use to make the textures?

Kraehe

SlimeCrusher

Should work now, that was weird :P
I'm going to see if i can think of any other type of weapon to add to the mod that is vaguely original (aka. no M134 replica), maybe some kind of railgun or something.
About the combat-realism patch, it was harder than i thought it would, so i let that on-hold for a while (wich became a bit too long). Some day.

SlimeCrusher

I am really sorry to bump this massively old topic, but after checking how many downloads all my mods have (atleast those that i recorded), i figured this specific mod, with how little feedback and reviews it received (relative to other popular modding hits), it managed some 1271 downloads up to this date. I was amazed when i saw this number as it's more than twice what i would have hoped for this one mod to accomplish. I still remember making those textures... Especially the zweiling-flugabwehrkanone thing.

I'm not sure what to say other than thanks for whoever downloaded this. Would have never expected this mod to be on 1271 computers at some point :D

And now back to stasis.

(This has got to be the weirdest bump recorded in history)