Alpha 3 questions/comments

Started by Cassey, April 10, 2014, 03:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron

can i know where to download alpha 3??

jordy205

If you have buy it you will reciebe a email wiht the dowload site.
:D

Astraeus

So I was eagerly awaiting A3 for a little while now, and ever since it released 2 nights ago I've been playing it pretty often. I absolutely love the addition of the music, as it really helps the mood and it's very fitting for the theme of the game (Western-SciFi? well why the hell not).

My first colony was up against a bunch of the new Tribal societies, and their ludicrous zerging method eventually proved too much for just a simple firewall (name from the Wiki). Eventually I made a second colony and filled the 'kill zone' with rows of sandbags to impede their forward progress, but ultimately the best tactic was to always keep a few sentry turrets walled up inside the kill zone so that the zerg would momentarily stop to take them out. Ultimately, the tribal colonies were much harder for me than the pirates just due to the sheer numbers combined with melee oriented charges. Also I finally see the power of stonewalls versus metal. An absolute must for your front door unless you want to rebuild it every attack.

Overall I find that Alpha 3 was a huge improvement when compared to Alpha 2's update to Alpha 1. I'm really looking forward to more stuff to play with, as I'm probably done for the time being until A4. Great work Tynan, glad to see the game coming along so well.. and still so damn addictive. My friends couldn't get me away from this game in it's Alpha state to go play some currently popular AAA games these last 2 nights  ;D

dd0029

I'm liking the new version. First, I'll echo the earlier comment about hunting needing some extra automation. Maybe a bill on the butcher station to "create" corpses ;) enough to x quatity of meat.

I like the new cooking bill system. In particular, I like the way it encourages evolving game play. My first game I started by skipping the paste dispenser all together and just making simple meals. I found this left me in the weeds development wise in fairly short order. You really need to plan out your cooking layout or your cook will spend all of their time running around. So, my next round I started with a paste dispenser and switched to simple meals once I had things set up. Later on, I found myself swimming in food, so I switched to fine meals once I could make them. Then when swimming even further, I switched to Lavish Meals. I liked the progression.

Edit to add -

I really like the music. It's great.

Thunder Rahja

Celthric Aysen

My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

LZPanzer

one thing i noticed that i thought was odd.

on cassandra classic my colonies struggle from a combination of little trade( trade ships rarely come) and the few that do come either dont have what i need (gun, slaves)  or they wont buy the stuff i have in stock( i get industrial traders mostly but they will not buy my 200+ produce while im completely out of silver and metal.)
in randy random i dont have this problem.

Ford_Prefect

Current Issues:
* Dead animals killed by my colonists shouldn't be forbidden.  Animals killed by <insert group here> should be forbidden.
* Cassandra seems to never send by a slave or gun trader.
* Can't use or trade off items like ammo, uranium, shells, etc...

Wishlist
* I would love to have a "Head to homezone" button, so that when raiders show up... I can tell everyone to only do jobs in the homezone and not wander off.  Currently, I have to recruit everyone to keep them from wondering off if I have any jobs away from the base.  Which means I waste 1-4 minutes of them just sitting around waiting for the raiders to ready up.

FtDLulz

Dead animals being forbidden is on his to-do list, and you won't be able to sell ammo, uranium, and the like until they actually do something.

I like your idea though, it does get frustrating when your colonists run into gunfire to go haul metal or something.