light affected area display

Started by keylocke, April 11, 2014, 09:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keylocke

i realized how convenient it was for the cook stove and butcher table to view their collection areas, so i was wondering if it would be possible to also add the areas that are affected by light sources like sun lamps the same way that trade beacons display their affected area to make placing hydrophonic tables easier.

-------

also, maybe show the target range for the turret blueprint after it's been laid down on the ground.
i usually have to wait for it to be built just to gauge effective distances between choke points and other turrets. (i like trying to figure out effective configurations using minimum resource and real-estate.

FtDLulz

The light radius is on his to-do list.

Cala13er

Quote from: keylocke on April 11, 2014, 09:39:14 PM
i realized how convenient it was for the cook stove and butcher table to view their collection areas, so i was wondering if it would be possible to also add the areas that are affected by light sources like sun lamps the same way that trade beacons display their affected area to make placing hydrophonic tables easier.

-------

also, maybe show the target range for the turret blueprint after it's been laid down on the ground.
i usually have to wait for it to be built just to gauge effective distances between choke points and other turrets. (i like trying to figure out effective configurations using minimum resource and real-estate.

My Industrial RIM mod does this,

Standing lamp has a display radius of 12
Sun Lamps have 2 display radius's. 1 at 14 (which is the light radius) and the second at 7 (the overlight radius)