Previous topic - Next topic

Nandonalt

-> Requires HugsLib.

DOWNLOAD:
Steam Workshop
Dropbox

Changelog:

01/20/2017 - VERSION 0.1.1
-> Now up to 20 bugs can be spawned, proportional to the number of crops on the colony
-> Cropeaters have more "sharp" armor, meaning they will resist more against bullets and such
-> They now have a chance to become manhunter, but their attack is weak (but can be effective when in large numbers)

This mod replaces the "Blight" event with a new "Pests!" event.
Reason: the blight event is unliked because it suddenly kills your farms arbitrarily, and you can't do anything about it.
Now, instead of blight, a number of cropeating insects (a mutated form of the megascarab) will invade your farm and eat your plants until they are killed.

SUMMARY:
-> Replaces the blight event, but I didn't alter the chance of happening;
-> Adds a new insect, the Cropeater. They aren't aggressive and can be killed easily.

lost_RD

Great idea! This is not only more balanced but also more interesting than blight.

twoski

i think this is a step in the right direction. blight is a good event in that it introduces some random hazards to botany but not being able to mitigate its effects at all is a bit of a bummer.

drakulux

Will this work in hydroponic rooms too? I hope so...i think...

Serpyderpy

Thank you for this. The Blight event is incredibly annoying, in real life crops don't just wither and vanish from existence almost immediately when hit with a plague. This makes it a lot more interesting to deal with.

szypkiyakwonsz

First Set up camp, then camping stuff and now this? Goddam awesome!

sledrave

Just wanted to say, this is a small addition, but it makes a world of difference. Thanks!

Madman666

Exactly! Mysterious blight, yeah. Mysterious my ass! Now crops don't just suddenly dissapear into thin air and we have something actually responsible for that, something we can put a bullet in. Beyond awesome. Genius ideas are simple.

hwfanatic

WoodyDaOcas

RazorHed

This is wonderful.

I think blight should still be active though but only if it works differently. It should only affect one crop at a time and only spreading to other crops if they are close enough for long enough , and not just disappear your plants.  You should get a warning about your so and so crop looking strange. Which would give you time to fight it off , sort of like fighting a fire.
You should have to decide whether or not you want to battle the blight , let the crop die, keep it from spreading to nearby crops.

vlad_1492

Yeah, all plants of all kinds getting blighted is odd.

Now have some mutate and attack the farmers by surprise...

RazorHed

Day of the Triffids is one of my favorite movies.

Komyets