[A16] Pests! (Blight Replacement) v.0.1.1

Started by Nandonalt, January 15, 2017, 07:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leestriter

Could you make it a version that adds the event and keeps the vanilla blight event?

EldVarg

Quote from: RazorHed on January 16, 2017, 01:47:48 PM
I think blight should still be active though but only if it works differently. It should only affect one crop at a time and only spreading to other crops if they are close enough for long enough , and not just disappear your plants.  You should get a warning about your so and so crop looking strange. Which would give you time to fight it off , sort of like fighting a fire.
You should have to decide whether or not you want to battle the blight , let the crop die, keep it from spreading to nearby crops.

I concur. Pests are wonderful, but a disease for one type of plant would be nice to have too.

Madman666

I think that should be a mod's option. Crops mysteriously just vanishing to Hades is not balanced at all. Pests are something you can deal with - spontaneous crop disintegration - not so much. Either a crop disease needs to be implemented in a way, that has a possibility of treating it if timed right or just flat out removed and replaced with pests, which I am content having.

Stormfox

I agree that the pests AND a selective blight would be nice. I also find the pests to be a tad too easily exterminated.

Perhaps the event should spawn a few waves over a short duration, so you have to maintain some kind of "pest control" for a while? Lets say the event lasts for 3-5 days, and during each day, sometime during daylight, a bunch of pests spawn.

Xevion

I think I might have found a bug, Pests will spawn on my flower pots...
Great mod, and I just found them all over my flower pots, good thing I have the Wildlife tab to quickly send them to the butcher's table (rarely gets any action).

SynsPlayground

Literaly 10000x better than the standard blight, thank you for making this
Sadism Isnt All Fun And Games, At Least Not For You, I'm Having A Ball! -A Sadist You've Never Seen(Syns)

Wraithling

Been using this for days and I prefer this much more than vanilla blight. There is however a small problem during my last play through - these cropeaters have joined my colony during a random 'farm animals wandering' event. It felt weird  ;D

Stormfox

Quote from: Wraithling on February 17, 2017, 07:34:00 AM
Been using this for days and I prefer this much more than vanilla blight. There is however a small problem during my last play through - these cropeaters have joined my colony during a random 'farm animals wandering' event. It felt weird  ;D

What, you don't want your personal pet cricket?

Chortles

I found an issue with this mod due to the behavior of the cropeaters.  They eat all crops regardless of growth size.  However, this behavior have also spread to my livestock animals like muffalo and chickens.  I created a pasture for the animals, but they ignore the fully grown grass and only eat the 5% grown grass right outside their door.  My growers have to constantly sow new grass while the animals will eat the new grass immediately that barely fills nutrition.  This issue makes it difficult to start a livestock farm.

IValerian

Does this one of your mods require a new save?

Sebastian Cigar

I do realise that it's a terrible pet to keep, worse than the alphabeaver, but I haven't heard stories of people keeping Colorado beetles at home. So, you might want to add a wildness start for these little guys. Or don't. It's a great mod anyway, the Blight was probably one of the least irritating events to me, but now even that's fixed, thanks!

Juujika

Quote from: Sebastian Cigar on March 13, 2017, 06:21:39 PM
I do realise that it's a terrible pet to keep, worse than the alphabeaver, but I haven't heard stories of people keeping Colorado beetles at home. So, you might want to add a wildness start for these little guys. Or don't. It's a great mod anyway, the Blight was probably one of the least irritating events to me, but now even that's fixed, thanks!
Oh, you got the beetle, that is funny^^

Thundercraft

drakulux

Toes crossed for an A17 version soon   :D

Plasmatic

other parts of my anatomy crossed for a A17 version ;)