Zones always hidden

Started by hitbdcman, January 15, 2017, 10:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hitbdcman

Howdy,

Once I create a zone I can never see it again without clicking on where the zone is. I'm not sure if this is intentional (I haven't played in 2ish months, just hopped on to check out the update) but whether they're toggled hidden or not I simply cannot see them unless I click on where they are.

Only mod I'm using is "EbB Prepare Carefully". Just for char customization.

The version I'm on is 0.16.1393.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Thank you

EDIT uploaded save to http://www.filedropper.com/autosave-1

To recreate try creating any zone, such as grow zones. Cannot see location of other zones. If you try to create a grow zone over say a stockpile zone, it won't let you as the zone is there. Just not visible

BlackSmokeDMax

Have you made sure you don't have the toggle in the lower right turned on to hide all zones?

Calahan

Thank you for including a save file with your report. It saves a lot of time when it comes to confirming bugs, so it's really appreciated when one is included.

I have loaded you save file but I can not reproduce the issue you are reporting, as the zones are visible for me. See the attached screenshot. They can be difficult to see depending on the background and the colour of the zone (see the highlighted areas of the screenshot), but they can be seen if you look closely enough, even when background acts as camouflage. This applies to the large stockpile at the lower half of your planned room. It's hard to see, especially aganst the wooden floor, but there is a noticeable change in colour if you toggle the "visibility of zones" button.

Two others things to note. You say you haven't played for ~2 months, but are you certain it's not longer? Reason I say this is that I think it was in A15 (which came out in July) that the range of zone colours were limited/connected with the zone type (a very bad decision IMO, but anyways...), meaning no more brightly coloured grow zones (for example). And unfortunately, most of the colours now available have a tendency to blend into the background rather than contrasting it, making them a lot harder to notice at a glance (such as green or yellowy-brown growing zones). So if you haven't played the game since A14, you will have to adjust to a noticeable difference in the visibility of zones.

Secondly, you are using one mod in the save you posted. This mod shouldn't affect zones or their visibility at all, but just to rule it out, and assuming you are still having a problem, can you please start a pure vanilla game and check whether you are having the same problem or not.

I will close this thread now as I could not reproduce the error and I suspect this is just a usability issue. But if you are still having a problem with this then please PM me and I will re-open the thread to allow you to provide feedback.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

skullywag

As per BlackSmoke, this sounds like youve toggled visibility of zones off. Hence Calahan cant see the issue.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Calahan

@ BlackSmokeDMax and skullywag - This was my initial thought as well, but the OP specifically mentions...

Quote from: hitbdcman on January 15, 2017, 10:56:22 PM
but whether they're toggled hidden or not I simply cannot see them unless I click on where they are.
So it sounds to me like the OP is aware of the "toggle visibility of zones" button, but is still having trouble seeing them (or can't see them at all).