[A16] Combat Realism 1.6.9.4 Compatility Mods for EPOE and High Caliber

Started by merix1110, January 16, 2017, 06:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merix1110

[A16] Combat Realism 1.6.9.4 Compatility Mods for EPOE and High Caliber

Description:
First off, I am by no means talented at creating mods.
Both these mods are simply imports from [A13] builds of compatibility patches. i have simply gone through and corrected definitions, converted time variables, and ensured all data is compatible between CR, EPOE, and HC.

About the EPOE Patch...
Not entirely sure if the EPOE Patch is required anymore, and the only thing i changed was the version definition in About.xml to make it run with the current version, but no errors were shown and no errors were thrown up during combat or surgeries during testing.
To original mod Authors/Maintainers.
Also, if you are the original author and or maintainer of these mods previously and want me to remove them, please feel free to say so. if you want to link these or copies of these mods on your respective mod pages, feel free to do that also.

Author/Mod Team
Merix1110:Some Guy who thinks he did a thing.

eatKenny: Creator of High Caliber and the original High Caliber Combat Realism Patch.
Link to High Caliber: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16864.0

NoImageAvailable: Original creator of Combat Realism and also original creator of Combat Realism EPOE Patch.
Link to [A13]Combat Realism + EPOE Patch: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9759.0

skyarkhangel: Current Maintainer of Combat Realism Mod.
Link to [A16]Combat Realism:https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=27374.0

Download
[A16]High Caliber Compatibility Patch:DOWNLOAD

[A16]EPOE Compatibility Patch:DOWNLOAD

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.
- Always put compatibility mods after the mods they are intended for.
Example.
Combat Realism
High Caliber
High Caliber (Combat Realism Patch)
Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering
Combat Realism EPOE Patch

To modpack authors
I give full consent for you all to do whatever you want with these. you may include them in your modpack.

Krolon

I was waiting for it all my life. It has to be put between CR and HC? Above or under HC? Above or under CR?

merix1110

Quote from: KrolCwanPL on January 16, 2017, 07:15:44 AM
I was waiting for it all my life. It has to be put between CR and HC? Above or under HC? Above or under CR?
you would put the compatibility mods below the other mods in the load order. For example...

Combat Realism
High Caliber
High Caliber (Combat Realism Patch)
Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering
CombatRealism EPOE Patch

At least, this is how i am doing it.

Let me know if any errors come up as well. i tried to be fairly thorough with testing to make sure they work, but i could've easily missed something.

schadavi

When I put the patch after the High caliber mod, it loads the guns, but not ammo etc for CR
I get the following message:

Mod High Caliber (Combat Realism Patch) has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>0.16.1393</targetVersion>
Verse.Log:Error(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:48)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:60)
Verse.ModMetaData:Init() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\ModMetadata.cs:114)
Verse.ModMetaData:.ctor(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\ModMetadata.cs:86)
Verse.ModLister:RebuildModList() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\ModLister.cs:45)
Verse.ModLister:.cctor() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\ModLister.cs:29)
Verse.<>c__Iterator1EA:MoveNext() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\ModsConfig.cs:33)
Verse.<>c__Iterator1EA:MoveNext() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\ModsConfig.cs:33)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:AddEnumerable(IEnumerable`1) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:128)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:.ctor(IEnumerable`1) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:65)
System.Linq.Enumerable:ToList(IEnumerable`1)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\LoadedModManager.cs:26)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:93)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:32)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__735() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:49)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:317)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:236)

The mod order in the game also doesn't show the game version for the patch.

Also, three verification questions? Way to ruin a forum.

merix1110

Quote from: schadavi on January 16, 2017, 07:44:58 AM
When I put the patch after the High caliber mod, it loads the guns, but not ammo etc for CR
I get the following message:

Mod High Caliber (Combat Realism Patch) has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>0.16.1393</targetVersion>
Verse.Log:Error(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:48)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:60)
Verse.ModMetaData:Init() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\ModMetadata.cs:114)
Verse.ModMetaData:.ctor(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\ModMetadata.cs:86)
Verse.ModLister:RebuildModList() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\ModLister.cs:45)
Verse.ModLister:.cctor() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\ModLister.cs:29)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:AddEnumerable(IEnumerable`1) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:128)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:.ctor(IEnumerable`1) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:65)
System.Linq.Enumerable:ToList(IEnumerable`1)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\LoadedModManager.cs:26)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:93)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:32)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__735() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:49)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:317)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:236)

The mod order in the game also doesn't show the game version for the patch.

Also, three verification questions? Way to ruin a forum.

whats the game version displayed in the top left of your game window? it might be a different version if it's not the latest.

schadavi

I made it work by copying the contents of your patch into the relevant HC folders.

Here is my version of the game:

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

merix1110

Quote from: schadavi on January 16, 2017, 08:02:22 AM
I made it work by copying the contents of your patch into the relevant HC folders.

Here is my version of the game:

Huh... that's strange, it still shows you on the development branch of the current build.
What other mods are you running? i don't seem able to reproduce this error on my end. I am also testing this with the latest HC and CR mod versions as well, maybe you are running a previous build of one of these mods still?

schadavi

merix1110

Quote from: schadavi on January 16, 2017, 08:23:35 AM
Re-installing all mods did the trick, it works now.

Alright, glad you were able to resolve the issue, though I'm sorry I was of no help in resolving the issue.

merix1110

Krolon

Just like on screen, recipes doesn't need anything and can't be crafted.

merix1110

Quote from: KrolCwanPL on January 16, 2017, 09:24:19 AM
Just like on screen, recipes doesn't need anything and can't be crafted.

needs 80 uranium available since uranium is a small resource(4x20), did you check the right side for requirements? i just crafted it with no problem in mine.
http://i.imgur.com/FELCSdE.jpg?1

Krolon

Oh... Yea, all I had was 50. Last question, why does it need uranium? I know it's for balance, but it's... weird and not realistic, can it be changed manually? I found code in xml in files but I don't know how to delete this without destroying whole file.

merix1110

Quote from: KrolCwanPL on January 16, 2017, 09:43:41 AM
Oh... Yea, all I had was 50. Last question, why does it need uranium? I know it's for balance, but it's... weird and not realistic, can it be changed manually? I found code in xml in files but I don't know how to delete this without destroying whole file.

oh, that's because it's supposed to represent depleted uranium Armor Piercing(AP) rounds. the actual definition file where that is stored is within combat realism in the directory *RimWorld\Mods\CombatRealism-1.6.9.4\Defs\RecipeDefs_Ammo\Recipes_AmmoHighCaliber.xml

look for this section.(line31-63)
  <RecipeDef ParentName="AmmoRecipeBase">
    <defName>MakeAmmo_50BMG_AP</defName>
    <label>make .50 BMG (Sabot) cartridge x200</label>
    <description>Craft 200 .50 BMG (Sabot) cartridges.</description>
    <jobString>Making .50 BMG (Sabot) cartridges.</jobString>
    <ingredients>
      <li>
        <filter>
          <thingDefs>
            <li>Steel</li>
          </thingDefs>
        </filter>
        <count>32</count>
      </li>
      <li>
        <filter>
          <thingDefs>
            <li>Uranium</li>
          </thingDefs>
        </filter>
        <count>4</count>
      </li>
    </ingredients>
    <fixedIngredientFilter>
      <thingDefs>
        <li>Steel</li>
        <li>Uranium</li>
      </thingDefs>
    </fixedIngredientFilter>
    <products>
      <Ammo_50BMG_AP>200</Ammo_50BMG_AP>
    </products>
  </RecipeDef>

in this section in particular here from above...

<li>Uranium</li>
          </thingDefs>
        </filter>
        <count>4</count>

you can change the count to a lower number to reduce the base amount of uranium that goes in.(eg. 1 for 20, 2 for 40 etc.), Change the material from Uranium to something else, Or. you could remove all references to uranium and clean up the code to remove the uranium requirement altogether.

If you are uncomfortable doing any of these, let me know and i'd be happy to change it for you and post the file.