Taming of insectoids

Started by Listen1, January 16, 2017, 12:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listen1

Did anyone already succeded in taming insectoids? Megaspider, Megascarab or the other?

The Megaspider has a good dps, a extremely fast reproduction and an avarage walkspeed. They look like an amazing attack animal, but I never got to tame one. I think (am not sure) that if you rescue this animal, you can tame it without it being agressive during this time. But I am without acess to my pc so no game for me.

The reason I want something like this is for my base that has a full melee defense system, and animals will play a big part into it.

Big BTW - Dromedarys are actually quite good as combat pets.

DeathWeasel

Spelopedes and Megaspiders can't be tamed because they never appear as wild animals. The ones that appear as part of infestations are part of the Insect faction and are always hostile. Megascarabs can appear wild in deserts, but unfortunately can't reproduce.

It might be possible to spawn some Megaspiders with the dev tools and tame them that way. Also, last time I used Prepare Carefully you could bring Megaspiders with you at start.

ProFF7

You cannot tame them yet, but still, you can use them against your enemies. If possible, you can dig a tunnel entrance to your base, and when an infestation appears, you just forbid access to that area to your colonists and animals. With some luck raids will try to assault thru that area and... you know what will happen ;)

Al-Horesmi

U can't. Taming infestations would be dope, they were created as a weapon after all.

Listen1

Too bad, making an insectoid army would be pretty neat. Since scarabs can't reproduce there really isn't much of a point.

Oh well, let's go back to reproducing attack camels

jmababa

yes you can tame em spelopedes from ice sheet can be tamed and they are maybe the only animal you see in ice sheet

NeverPire

I have already tame a meagscarab, but it has only an intermediate intelligence and can't breed so it is a little bit usefull.
Nine neutral of them appears with some colonists when I open ancient cryosleep pods.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.