[OUTDATED][MODLIST] Nandonalt's Mod Central

Started by Nandonalt, January 16, 2017, 05:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madman666

Well, Hand me that brick just adds action type "deliver resources" to hauling job... What I suggest is making that yet another animal training possibility - Resource delivery training. Thanks for your answer) I'd be very grateful if you looked into that)

Trigon

Wow that hunting mod looks mighty handy indeed. Especially since my current colony has about a half dozen arctic wolves.

Anarcraft

With Hunt For Me installed the animal tab only lists the very top adult husky, everything else below is blank.  The interface acts glitchy and scrolling changes things.  If I scroll so that a husky PUPPY is listed at the top of the interface then everything is displayed.  A new save file doesn't have this issue, but I really want to keep my save file AND add your mod, if possible. ;)  I can provide a list of mods and/or the save file, if needed.

Pichu0102

Quote from: AngleWyrm on February 11, 2017, 09:36:10 PM
Tried 'Hunt for me' briefly but it wiped out my animals list; the chickens and a tame boar disappeared, leaving only one Husky. After removing the mod those animals re-appeared on the list. Looked a bit like some sort of memory crash, so it might have not been the mod's fault.
That's because animals tab was looking for the value of the hunt training, and didn't find it. The Training tab on an animal's infobox also freaks out. The solution is to go into your save file and add a <li>False</li> and <li>0</li> to every animal's training thing manually. It should look something like this:
<training>
<wantedTrainables>
<vals>
<li>False</li>
<li>False</li>
<li>False</li>
<li>False</li>
<li>False</li>
</vals>
</wantedTrainables>
<steps>
<vals>
<li>0</li>
<li>0</li>
<li>0</li>
<li>0</li>
<li>0</li>
</vals>
</steps>
</training>

Only animals tamed before installing this mod cause these problems. Newly tamed ones don't have any problems.

Anarcraft

YESSS!  Thanks for the clear advice on how to fix.  I did a search and replace for any "<wantedTrainables>" array that only had four values and replaced each unique set down to "</steps>" adding the fifth item "<li>False</li>" and "<li>0</li>" as needed.  Works great now.  Time to hunt some meat! :D

Madman666

By the way, @Nandonalt) One more thing maybe worth to look into - can you make big cats, like lynxes, panthers and cougars hunt as well? Without raising trainable intelligence to advanced. I agree that they shouldn't help with hauling and rescue, since their nature is to not give a damn about what humans want (at least most domestic cats are that way), but I am pretty sure that they can at least hunt some big game and drag it home with them. Could be nice for combat pets to be useful too)

DandoonMooshi

sidfu

so basicaly the animal hunting causes bug on any animals on exisiting shave u already have and also bugs on animals u have spawn with u on a neew game start

Anarcraft

I said something wrong before.  You add either "False" or "True" as the fifth item in "wantedTrainables" using whatever the fourth item is.  For "steps" always do "0".

Pichu0102

One problem with hunt for me: Sometimes hunted animals will turn manhunter and... completely ignore the colony animal hunting them to go fruitlessly chase a haulingbot around. That last one is a different issue altogether with that mod, but still, hunted animals should react by fighting their attacker, not turning manhunter (or their pack turning manhunter).

ximen

Good to see you're still making mods Nando. Been using your mods for years now, and I have to say you're one of my favorite modders out there! Keep up the great work man :D!

SpaceDorf

Yesss .. your History Log Mod just made you my second favority modder ..

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

elaguss

First of all thanks for your great work. I have the same problem as other users, but I´ve been trying to solve it adding "<li>False</li>" and "<li>0</li>" at the end of each "<wantedTrainables>" array, it looks like this:
<wantedTrainables>
<vals>
<li>True</li>
<li>True</li>
<li>False</li>
<li>False</li>
<li>False</li>
</vals>
</wantedTrainables>
<steps>
<vals>
<li>1</li>
<li>2</li>
<li>0</li>
<li>0</li>
<li>0</li>

Everything is ok, I mean, I can train hunting for every pet I have but when I open animals tab it is empty and the log shows this error:
Exception filling window for Fluffy.MainTabWindow_Animals: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at Fluffy.MainTabWindow_Animals.DrawColumnHeader_Training (System.Single& curX, Rect rect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Fluffy.MainTabWindow_Animals.DoWindowContents (Rect fillRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HugsLib.GuiInject.WindowDetour+<>c__DisplayClass1.<_WindowOnGUI>b__0 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
HugsLib.GuiInject.<>c__DisplayClass1:<_WindowOnGUI>b__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

I can´t find any way to solve the problem, need some help. Thanks so much and regards!

Fluffy (l2032)

elaguss

Thanks so much Fluffy, I´ve just updated your animal tab mod and it has fixed the problem. Regards.