Nickname Viability/Duration of Review Process

Started by AlphaTrot, January 16, 2017, 06:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlphaTrot

I have two questions.  For the Name In Game, Would the nickname 'P Trot' work if the full name is Patrick Trotter, as that is indeed a real life nickname? I know I've seen some exceptions made for the "no initials" rule if it is clearly a real life nickname.  If there is no way that will work, it'd be cool to know so I can change it to something else, before it gets reviewed and denied.  ;)

And what is the typical duration of the review process?  I signed up back in September I think, still nothin.  ???

milon

All new characters are reviewed in a batch just before the next alpha is released, so the timing is dependent on the development cycle.

What do you mean by "still nothin"? Your first paragraph makes it sound like you haven't submitted anything yet, so I'm not sure what you're waiting on.

About the name itself - none of us can tell you authoritatively (that's what the review process is for) but follow the Creative Guidelines. You could try it, and if it doesn't get included you can change it and resubmit (and wait for the next batch review).

AlphaTrot

Oh, it's been submitted and "awaiting review" since the beginning, but since I can edit it at any time I figured I'd ask.  And since it has been in the system for most of Fall, I was kind of hoping for it to be reviewed before the alpha 16.  :)

milon

Huh, that's strange.  It should have been reviewed, and either included or rejected.  Sorry about that!  o_O

Please shoot an email to Tynan and let him know that you got skipped over ([email protected]).  He may not review it right away, but it'll get reviewed for A17 at the latest!

SpartacusMills

Quote from: AlphaTrot on January 16, 2017, 06:12:15 PM
I know I've seen some exceptions made for the "no initials" rule if it is clearly a real life nickname.
Dammit, I left my (occasional, but genuine) nickname out because it's my initials, which happen to be TLC... I figured there'd be no chance that'd be accepted. :)