[A16.1393] Pawn stuck trying to haul a stack from under a forbidden door

Started by Syzygy, January 16, 2017, 08:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syzygy

1. What the circumstances were.

I had a room with two doors, one of which was forbidden, with sterile tile covering the floor including under both of the doors.  I ordered all of the sterile tile to be removed.

2. What happened.

I returned to find a pawn standing next to a small stack of steel on the floor.  There was another stack of steel on the same tile as the forbidden door.  When I would draft and undraft the pawn, the pawn would pick up the reachable steel, then drop it and return to standing.

3. What you expected to happen.

I expected the pawn to haul the stack that it could reach and leave in place the stack that it could not reach.  In this specific case, I'd also expect the pawn to not drop the materials in the same tile as a closed door, or not to remove the floor from underneath the forbidden door.

4. Steps we can follow to make the bug appear on our machine.

1. Place two adjacent sterile tiles.
2. Place a door over one of the sterile tiles.
3. Forbid the door.
3. Create a default stockpile.
4. Order both sterile tiles to be removed.
5. Have a pawn who can build and haul work the area.
6. After the pawn removes the flooring, notice that it will repeatedly pick up the stack of reachable steel, then drop it, wait, and try again.  It does haul the silver after the first attempt with the steel, but then returns to the steel and gets stuck.
7. Unforbid the door and notice that the pawn hauls both stacks of steel and then goes on to the next task.

5. savegame

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxRI-tvZOKmuZ0szbGk2QjV0U2c

6. Log File

Player.log attached.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

ItchyFlea

All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created