Stonecutters Table - can anyone help?

Started by JamDunc, April 12, 2014, 01:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamDunc

Posting here instead of the bug forum as I'm not sure if it's a bug yet or just me being an idiot.

In my last two games (Alpha 3a, just downloading 3c) when I set a bill on my stonecutter table to always cut stone so there is 25 stone blocks (the new amount option added in Alpha 3) , no-one crafts, even though I have one colony member set to just crafting.

If I change it back to the old system and set the bill to just craft 25, whereupon the bill is completed and disappears, he drops everything and goes and crafts straight away.

Bug or idiot? :P

FangoWolf

Hit the "config" button for the bill and make sure there are stones in the range for the bill.

Tynan

And just to check - you don't already have 25 blocks do you?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Monkfish

Quote from: Tynan on April 14, 2014, 11:31:45 AM
This, I suspect, is the problem.

Also, on the subject of the default being 25, it might be better off at a higher number (500? 1000? Dunno) due to the numbers being used in construction. A single square uses 7 stone blocks, so that default 25 would only get you 3 stone wall pieces. A current colony I'm running had the limit at 1000, later upped to 1500 when I started putting more buildings down. This, I found, was a reasonable quantity to keep stockpiled.
<insert witty signature here>

Tynan

Quote from: Monkfish on April 14, 2014, 04:12:45 PM
Quote from: Tynan on April 14, 2014, 11:31:45 AM
This, I suspect, is the problem.

Also, on the subject of the default being 25, it might be better off at a higher number (500? 1000? Dunno) due to the numbers being used in construction. A single square uses 7 stone blocks, so that default 25 would only get you 3 stone wall pieces. A current colony I'm running had the limit at 1000, later upped to 1500 when I started putting more buildings down. This, I found, was a reasonable quantity to keep stockpiled.

Well, the default is 10. And it applies for everything from meals to stone blocks.

I may, at some point, put in a variable default which can be set by modders and I for each recipe.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog