[A15] Animal Hide Working v2.11

Started by ItchyFlea, March 15, 2014, 10:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

I've modified the megascarab to drop leather when butchered and have done a fair amount of testing and the mod and that rug works fine. Perhaps there are other mods that also modify the megascarab, causing the issue you are describing.

If that's the case, you'll have to change the load order so that my mod loads last.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Serenity

When I noticed that one of my guys dragged in a bear she somehow dead outside I looked forward to a stuffed bear and set the butcher table to exclude it. But no such recipe :(

tommiethegun

I love the mod, and after using it for a while I kept wanting some small changes. As I'm new to modding, I decided to experiment on the changes myself :) I ran this past Itchy, and he said to go ahead and post my changes here, so here goes:

I wanted the taxidermy to be able to rotate to show face/side/back instead of just rotating the face. I also wanted the rugs to better match their in game animal textures - the existing rugs seem too squared off for the Rimworld universe to me.

So far, the only one i've changed is the Deer taxidermy and rug. Here's the old/new rug side by side:

original deer rug:

new deer rug, made from texture PSDs Tynan posted a while back:

If you'd like to download with the adjusted textures + rotatable deer taxidermy, then the adjusted mod is attached. I'll be slowly updated the rest as I have time.

Thanks Itchy for an awesome mod!

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

ItchyFlea

All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Serenity

One thing I've noticed for a while: it seems the stuffed animal are classified as apparel. They show up in the outfit management menu for example.

kaptain_kavern

Hi ItchyFlea, do you happen to still develop this mod ?

With Coercion we have mod that add animals to the game (CK - Animal and Plant Pack) and we're kinda thinking about making an add-on to add hunter trophies and things like that. Will it be OK with you if we add similar functionalities as your mods? namely the stuffed animals part (I really don't see how to make it differently than what you've done  8))

Quote from: Serenity on September 17, 2016, 10:35:54 PM
One thing I've noticed for a while: it seems the stuffed animal are classified as apparel. They show up in the outfit management menu for example.

I wasn't aware of it but here the explanation in the xml files :

Quote<ThingDef ParentName="BuildingBaseD" Name="ArtBuildingBase" Abstract="True">
    <thingClass>Building_Art</thingClass>
    <label>stuffed animal</label>
    <description>A stuffed animal.</description>
    <altitudeLayer>Building</altitudeLayer>
    <passability>Impassable</passability>
    <castEdgeShadows>true</castEdgeShadows>
    <useHitPoints>true</useHitPoints>
   <thingCategories>
      <li>Apparel</li> <!-- Because the art category only accepts art with the defName "SculptureAbstract" -->
   </thingCategories>
    <size>(1,1)</size>
    <statBases>
      <MaxHitPoints>150</MaxHitPoints>
      <Flammability>1.0</Flammability>
     <MarketValue>60</MarketValue>
    </statBases>
   <rotatable>true</rotatable>
  </ThingDef>

ItchyFlea

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on October 04, 2016, 11:46:36 AM
-snip-
I keep it updated as the game updates. As for adding new animals as they are added to the game, that probably isn't going to happen.
Yes I'm OK with you adding similar features to your mod as what's found in this one. :)

kaptain_kavern

Okey dokey. Thx buddy.
I will send you or post here the inevitable add-on for our added animals when it'll be ready ;)

Hydromancerx

Not sure which thread i should go to for this mod but I wondered if someone could update it.