Anti-Mechanite Dialysis--AMD

Started by hector212121, January 17, 2017, 08:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hector212121

How about a treatment that purges the body of mechanites, requiring a hospital bed, special research, and ~15 glitterworld medicine? It could cure luciferium dependencies at the cost of semi-permanent damage(Scars, or maybe it's own issue) that can only be cured by taking luciferium again, and a hefty chance of death even with surgery success.

When used on non-luciferium mechanites, however, it simply instantly cures the mechanites. Done. No damage, no death. If it's done right.

A failed operation would either cause it's own issue or simply inflict toxic buildup when not treating luciferium, or cause instant death if you are treating luciferium.

Sola

Luciferium is too strong a buff to be magic'd away, I think.  In the late game, silver is easy to come by, and the drug can be purchased from orbital traders in large amounts.  You're effectively adding a low silver cost (about 30/day, depending on difficulty) to your pawn in order to keep it alive longer, and function better.  There are very few drugs that increase consciousness, making this a good choice for a doctor.  Additionally, the +70% blood filtration is straight overpowered, as that directly turns into "Immunity gain speed".  It also allows pawns to heal off old scars that otherwise have absolutely no cure.

As for fibrous/sensory mechanites?  I suppose I can get on board with a way to cure that faster.
Two tiers of construction jobs.  One for expensive/quality items, and one for walls/floors/etc.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28669.0

hector212121

What part of 'a hefty chance of death even if everything goes right' sounds like magicking it away?

Also, permanent(without more luciferium) damage would cripple the character even if that didn't happen.