Mass Assign Allowed Areas

Started by hector212121, January 18, 2017, 06:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hector212121

Look, the fact is, NOBODY wants to manage 90 chickens during a crisis.Scrolling through and dragging the mouse over my safehouse allowed area is nothing but sheer tedium, and i would appreciate the ability to instantly assign all my animals a allowed area.

skullywag

I would LOVE a collapsible hierarchy based on race on the animals tab, so:

- All animals
--- Dogs
------ Dog1
------ Dog2
--- Cats
------ Cat1
------ Cat2

And each grouping having setting for setting all the same values, so changing the assigned area for "cats" would do it for all cats. I may poke fluffy about this.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

ADM-Ntek

this would be so useful i just had to manually reassign like 700 chickens.

Jimyoda

Until/if it's made easier... Why not just move the assigned area?
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

MikeLemmer

Quote from: Jimyoda on January 18, 2017, 09:43:40 PM
Until/if it's made easier... Why not just move the assigned area?

Probably because he wants the chickens free-range grazing during normal activity, but holed up during hostile assaults.

Frankly, mass assigning allowed zones for animals would probably work only moderately well- how would you differentiate between animals with different levels of training?- but it does inspire a different idea: being able to assign a combat zone to animals/colonists. Simply put, you assign two zones to each colonist/animal: one for normal use, one for when there's hostile pawns or manhunters on the map. The game automatically switches everyone between the two whenever hostiles appear or get driven off. This also saves you from the trouble of having to remember to reassign everyone's zones before/after raids. (That's gotten me about a half-dozen times.)

GarettZriwin

Simply letting us creating custom groups/herds  would work, so for example mature predators can hunt for colony and babies stay safe in base.