A17 - Faceplate mod Version 1.1 now with leather and 40% more stabbings!!!!

Started by Shotgunfrenzy, October 13, 2017, 01:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shotgunfrenzy

Hi guys

First ever mod I made because I'm always annoyed at how many of my pawns get their nose shot off or the occasional spear in the eye -_-

So loosely based around a few movies, games like Army of Two and Characters like Deathstroke. I've decided to make a tactical faceplate mod, which can be worn with hats :0

The leather faceplate offers less protection but can me made out of 30 leather at the crafting spot, hand and powered sowing station

For the metal faceplate, you just need 30 of any metallic resource and your machining bench.

Supports any mod added fabric or metallic resources

Update V1.1
Adds leather faceplates that can be used by tribals

Adds an extra easter egg faceplate (pssst, your brawlers will thank me ;)

I hope you guys enjoy and remember this is literally my first attempt so go easy on me XD

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5o28p4zpz9i51x5/Faceplate%20V1.1.rar?dl=0

ASSISTANCE APPRECIATED
Pawns jaws and eyes are currently covered, I spent about an hour trying to get noses as well but gave up so if anyone here would like to message me and/or help I will love you forever XD

License
You may include this mod in any mod pack, and you may derive from this mod too. I only ask that you inform me, and that you also provide a link to this forum post, with my name.

Morrigi

Could we get a screenshot or two? Putting it on Steam might also be a good idea.

Shotgunfrenzy

Quote from: Morrigi on October 13, 2017, 05:43:23 PM
Could we get a screenshot or two? Putting it on Steam might also be a good idea.

Done :)
But steam is like AIDS so I tend to steer clear of it

Morrigi

What's wrong with Steam? I don't have any issues with stuff I put on the workshop.

SpaceDorf

QuoteASSISTANCE APPRECIATED
Pawns jaws and eyes are currently covered, I spent about an hour trying to get noses as well but gave up so if anyone here would like to message me and/or help I will love you forever XD

Did you have a look at the definition of Power Helmets ? they cover the whole head .. this should include the nose  ;D

Also :
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

=== EDIT ===

was curious, found this :

<bodyPartGroups>
        <li>FullHead</li>
      </bodyPartGroups>

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Morrigi on October 14, 2017, 10:24:06 PM
What's wrong with Steam? I don't have any issues with stuff I put on the workshop.

Nothing. It's Facebook for Gamers with the exception that Facebook doesn't need additional Software to run and the pay to win games have no additional DRM.

Shotgunfrenzy

Quote from: SpaceDorf on October 16, 2017, 08:53:32 AM
QuoteASSISTANCE APPRECIATED

Did you have a look at the definition of Power Helmets ? they cover the whole head .. this should include the nose  ;D

Also :
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

=== EDIT ===

was curious, found this :

<bodyPartGroups>
        <li>FullHead</li>
      </bodyPartGroups>

Thanks spacedorf

I already know this but one of the main features of this mod is that it can be worn while still wearing a hat or a non power armor helmet, so including fullhead into the code would mean that that unique function of the mod would not exist at all. if you could include nose in the covered parts just by itself it would be fine but because you can only use it in the bodypartgroup  its I think, impossible :/

SpaceDorf

Shotgunfrenzy

Quote from: SpaceDorf on October 17, 2017, 12:33:57 PM
Have you checked the body-defs ?

Yes I have, nose is part of bodypartgroup=full head
Which means if I added that to the faceplate item def, you would equip a hat, then you would equip a faceplate WHICH WOULD REMOVE THE HAT

So with rimworlds  current layering system it might be impossible

To clarify, either there is a way to include the nose def by itself because currently its only included in bodypartgroup=fullhead  and I just don't know how to do it if it even is possible

Nightinggale

public static class BodyPartGroupDefOf
{
public static BodyPartGroupDef Torso;

public static BodyPartGroupDef Legs;

public static BodyPartGroupDef LeftHand;

public static BodyPartGroupDef RightHand;

public static BodyPartGroupDef FullHead;

public static BodyPartGroupDef UpperHead;

public static BodyPartGroupDef Eyes;
}

That's apparently the body parts in vanilla. I have copied this directly from the source code. Yeah it is a little hard to identify the nose without going full head. I wonder how hard it would be to add more groups and if something can be in more than one group, like nose can be in Nose and FullHead. If so, it might be worth considering making a mod, which makes it possible to specify every single bodypart as well as a bunch of groups and then mods can use that, kind of like lots of mods requires HugsLib.

I used to not being happy about it due to DRM, then I thought it was ok and now I hate it again, but for new reasons. The DRM kills the game if you attach a debugger, which hurts productivity of mods in some games. The workshop will automatically update your mods, but at the same time you can't prevent it, meaning you risk that you suddenly can't open a savegame and you have no idea which mod is updated and caused the issue. If the uploader of the mod decides to remove it, steam apparently has the power to remove the downloaded mod as well, effectively just removing it from your HD.

If you want it done right, look at Factorio. They do sell on steam and you have to sign up at their homepage with the steam account (can't remember the details), or you can buy it directly from them, in which case you sign up too. This allows you to download the DRM free version, which helps when making mods. It has what would be like steam workshop, but it's a webpage and ingame. You can check for updates and you get a list and can handpick what to update if you like and it for sure can't remove anything from your HD without asking.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Shotgunfrenzy

Quote from: Nightinggale on October 17, 2017, 08:44:35 PM
public static class BodyPartGroupDefOf
{
public static BodyPartGroupDef Torso;

public static BodyPartGroupDef Legs;

public static BodyPartGroupDef LeftHand;

public static BodyPartGroupDef RightHand;

public static BodyPartGroupDef FullHead;

public static BodyPartGroupDef UpperHead;

public static BodyPartGroupDef Eyes;
}

That's apparently the body parts in vanilla. I have copied this directly from the source code. Yeah it is a little hard to identify the nose without going full head. I wonder how hard it would be to add more groups and if something can be in more than one group, like nose can be in Nose and FullHead. If so, it might be worth considering making a mod, which makes it possible to specify every single bodypart as well as a bunch of groups and then mods can use that, kind of like lots of mods requires HugsLib.

I used to not being happy about it due to DRM, then I thought it was ok and now I hate it again, but for new reasons. The DRM kills the game if you attach a debugger, which hurts productivity of mods in some games. The workshop will automatically update your mods, but at the same time you can't prevent it, meaning you risk that you suddenly can't open a savegame and you have no idea which mod is updated and caused the issue. If the uploader of the mod decides to remove it, steam apparently has the power to remove the downloaded mod as well, effectively just removing it from your HD.

If you want it done right, look at Factorio. They do sell on steam and you have to sign up at their homepage with the steam account (can't remember the details), or you can buy it directly from them, in which case you sign up too. This allows you to download the DRM free version, which helps when making mods. It has what would be like steam workshop, but it's a webpage and ingame. You can check for updates and you get a list and can handpick what to update if you like and it for sure can't remove anything from your HD without asking.

Nightinggale you mind reader :0. XD

SalmonToastie

Probably is a long shot but i still play in A17 and was wondering if you still have the file avaliable. Dropbox link is dead.