"Water Bomb" or "FirePopper Mortar"

Started by JuicyPVP, January 13, 2017, 12:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuicyPVP

Quote from: PrincessZulu on January 13, 2017, 12:22:00 PM
maybe even being able to launch water bombs to fight forest fires from afar. Also launching captured pirate members at the attacking pirate crew would be hilarious

Saw this in the mortar page. Wanted to expand upon it. Adding a mortar that shoots a fire fighting agent would be really cool. We already have fire poppers. Maybe we can add a firepopper mortar- even place it in the tree so it requires both mortars and fire poppers to have been researched. This would make the random forest fires that start and kill your whole map easier to combat. Also- launching pirates is cool. lol. Quoted PrincessZulu because it was her idea.

schizmo

I would love a fire foam mortar shell, those flashstorms and dry thunderstorms can be a hugely impactful negative situation even when you have a stone wall and a firebreak and your colony is 100% safe.

NeverPire

And it solves the problem to be forced to expand our base area to extinguish forest fire.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

Serenity

Illumination rounds might also be cool to give you an advantage when fighting at night

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

JimmyAgnt007

A catapult that fires rock chunks and/or people would be a good primitive version of the mortar.

b0rsuk

Sounds cool, but would be useless:
1. Far away fires will be invariably extinguished by raid. Rain always comes when fire grows big enough.
2. Colony fires can't be extinguished because of mortars' minimum range.

Quote from: Serenity on January 14, 2017, 05:12:00 PM
Illumination rounds might also be cool to give you an advantage when fighting at night

In A16, accuracy tooltip no longer display darkness penalty. This leads me to believe it has been removed because it was too easy to exploit against AI.