[A16] Sound sometimes cuts out completely.

Started by mndfreeze, January 16, 2017, 12:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mndfreeze

Keep having this issue with Rimworld since the A16 update.  I'll be playing and suddenly I'll hear a quick little pop/blip of sorts and sound will cut out completely for the game.  Exiting and reloading restores sound.  I haven't tried alt-tabbing and seeing if sound works in other programs while rimworld is still up or not.  Definitely something goofy going on with the sound control or the sound drivers with the game tho.

dxdiag attached.  Not sure if there is any other information you all would want.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

hwfanatic

All I can tell you is that this bug is not new to A16 and it's really rare. May even be a Unity thing.

ItchyFlea

This bug has existed for a very long time in the game. It is suspected to be a weird bug in Unity.
Can you reproduce the bug reliably? If yes, please give us the steps you take to cause the sound to cut out. Can you also give us the output_log.txt file the game generates. It'll be in this folder where you (or Steam) installed the game: \RimWorldWin_Data\
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

mndfreeze

Next time it happens I'll post that output_log.  I started a new  world since it happened last and wiped my old saves already. 

I haven't been able to figure out what to do in order to reproduce it.  Its very very random but definitely not rare for me, at least not lately.  Sometimes (like today so far) I can play for 6+ hours and not have it occur.  When it happened the last time before posting this I had only been in game maybe 45 minutes or so.  Time before that it hit somewhere in the 2 hour-ish mark. 

I never had this issue before the latest update, but I also play rimworld in big spurts then shelve it for a few months and then come back, so its possible I just never ran into it previously.  I'll see what I can figure out next time it hits.

Tynan

Okay, since it's a known issue I'll close this report. Thanks for the info.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog