offer to ransom: 'not enough silver'

Started by gratua, January 15, 2017, 11:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gratua

I received a pop-up letter offering to ransom back one of my former colonists.  They were demanding 1638 silver, I had 4080 in my stockpiles.  However, the ACCEPT option was disabled because it claimed I didn't have enough money.  I expected to be able to accept their ransom offer as it seemed I could afford it.
My save file is for right after this event happened, so if you're able to load a minute into the past then maybe you can replicate this.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Ark

Is the silver at an orbital trade beacon?

Save not attached. Maximum size is 600kB.
It's very helpful to include a savegame, especially when you have trouble reproducing the bug. Find it by clicking the 'open save games folder' button in the in-game Options menu.  If the .rws file is too big (it likely is), you can zip the with with a compression program such as 7-Zip or you can upload it to Google Drive / One Drive / Dropbox / etc and post the link in your bug report.

Calahan

Thank you for the bug report. Although as Ark above says, there could be a valid reason why not all your silver is being considered, but without a save game file it's impossible to verify if this is WAD or a bug. So if you can follow Ark's instructions for posting your save file then it can be checked to confirm the status of this bug.

@ Ark - Thanks for another assist. Much appreciated.

gratua

I have repeatedly tried to submit my save file.  every attempt reroutes my 'reply' into a 'new topic.'

Ark

You don't have any orbital trade beacons. Built one, moved all the silver on it, executed incident RansomDemand, accapted, pawn arrived in a drop pod.
I'd say it is working as designed. That said, the event could be more informative (no trade beacons), possibly including "call me again tomorrow" option, or an option for the colony to call the pirates about the colonist they hold for ransom.
And now that we live on a planet (A16), an option to go raiding and launch a rescue mission.

gratua

ok, yes, thank you.  I don't have a trade beacon, so yes I do think it should be modified to either not display to me until I get one, or have a more informative response than 'lacking silver'.  thanks

Tynan

It is a bit weird that it requires an orbital beacon. Will have to consider this.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

gratua

The Dev himself! thanks for your game =]

Tynan

It's the bugs forum, devs reply to all threads here :)

Tynan