DROP YA QUESTIONS HERE!

Started by LouisTBR, January 19, 2017, 03:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisTBR

Hello All!

Post your questions here:

I just noticed that there is no dedicated thread for questions! Sure, you can start an individual thread, but these often get lost in the crowd. I wanted to create this as a means of sharing tips and asking questions easily :P
Ask your question about anything Rimworld related in a reply to this topic. Someone will answer (hopefully) quickly!
If you feel your question has been answered, please edit your question and say so, otherwise we will get multiple answers for everything  ::)

Please use this thread wisely ;)
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

simkinn13

Hey I have 7 mods active : edb prepare carefully, hugslib, more vanilla factions, sniper turret, defensive positions, nanotrasens army and more vanilla turrets. until now they have been working fine together, but I opened the game today and when I checked my mods, all im getting is "downloading" over each of them, doesnt seem to want to do anything =/, thoughts?

PotatoeTater

Quote from: simkinn13 on January 19, 2017, 03:31:18 PM
Hey I have 7 mods active : edb prepare carefully, hugslib, more vanilla factions, sniper turret, defensive positions, nanotrasens army and more vanilla turrets. until now they have been working fine together, but I opened the game today and when I checked my mods, all im getting is "downloading" over each of them, doesnt seem to want to do anything =/, thoughts?

Restart your game, if that fails restart steam. If both fails validate the cache through the steam options.
Life is Strange

LouisTBR

Thanks for answering Tater :D

Also, if that fails, deactivate each mod in turn. If the game runs, then whichever one you have deactivated is causing the problem :)
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

GiantSpaceHamster

You'll end up with the same problem as the forum in general. Questions will get lost in the replies to this thread. If you really want to support a FAQ I recommend creating one on the wiki and linking to it here, then help keep that updated.

http://rimworldwiki.com/

LouisTBR

I wasn't going for a FAQ. I want to create a thread where people can ask whatever they want, and give each other tips. Doing this in separate threads not only takes longer to ask and reply, but also, the questions often get lost in page 2 ^^, which means they are likely never answered.

Here, I get notifications and so do others when questions appear, which makes answering more efficient

Limdood

OK, here's one.

Without mods, and without SETTLING or getting ambushed, is there any way to address pawn's joy needs on long caravan trips?

Yes, i have the "camping" mod that lets me set up a mini map and could do joy, but i'd like it taken care of automatically like sleep and hunger if possible.

DeathWeasel

Quote from: Limdood on January 19, 2017, 07:06:42 PM
OK, here's one.

Without mods, and without SETTLING or getting ambushed, is there any way to address pawn's joy needs on long caravan trips?

Yes, i have the "camping" mod that lets me set up a mini map and could do joy, but i'd like it taken care of automatically like sleep and hunger if possible.

I don't think so, unfortunately. Hopefully this will be addressed in future updates, but for now long caravans are only really feasible with pawns that have good mood traits like sanguine or steadfast.

Quasarrgames

Here's a question:

I'm completely new to animals. How do i restrict them to only using one zone? I like having them roam free hen they can, but i just found out the hard way that raiders will kill your animals without remorse.
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

Limdood

Quote from: Quasarrgames on January 19, 2017, 07:49:18 PM
Here's a question:

I'm completely new to animals. How do i restrict them to only using one zone? I like having them roam free hen they can, but i just found out the hard way that raiders will kill your animals without remorse.

Under the animals tab, you can set any tamed animals, no matter their intelligence or training level to certain areas...Built in at start is "unrestricted," home, and animal area 1.

I suggest an "indoors" for toxic fallout, a "barn" for pack animals or money animals if grazing isn't feasible - storing food there to feed them.  This can double as a safe haven in the event of an attack.

Lastly, i suggest 2 more zones.  1 that cuts out your meal storage area and growing fields - for non hauling animals.  The other that cuts out dining rooms, butcher stations and other crafting stations where progress isn't saved (stonecutting, brewing, etc) - for nuzzling animals like cats and yorkies

don't forget to assign your animals back after a raid to prevent starvation.

AN7AG0NIS7

Q: Why are centipedes called centipedes when they look more like caterpillars?

Limdood

Quote from: AN7AG0NIS7 on January 19, 2017, 08:57:29 PM
Q: Why are centipedes called centipedes when they look more like caterpillars?

sounds scarier?  mildly?

LouisTBR

Quote from: Limdood on January 19, 2017, 07:06:42 PM
OK, here's one.

I think If you bring beer and chocolate, they will consume it and get joy :)

Quasarrgames

Thank you for answering my question, Limdood.

I have another question for anyone who knows:

A colonist of mine just got gutworms. they've only had it for a few days, but despite treatment, i see no indication of it getting any better. There's no minor x% or immunity x%, and no "remove gutworm" operation. I can't find it on the wiki either. How do i get rid of it? Do i have to give this person a new stomach? Will they have it forever?
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

Serenity

Gutworms and mechanites are long term diseases that go away after some time. You just have to live with it until then.