DROP YA QUESTIONS HERE!

Started by LouisTBR, January 19, 2017, 03:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limdood

Quote from: Serenity on January 20, 2017, 06:41:54 PM
Gutworms and mechanites are long term diseases that go away after some time. You just have to live with it until then.

more specifically, treatment reduces the time you are infected AND reduces the "pain" - which affects consciousness, mood, and ease of "downing" the pawn.

I suggest you treat it with your weakest medicines that you have plenty of.  It'll take several in-game days.  Almost certainly under a season (someone else had values for treated and untreated durations in A15, but those almost certainly got thrown off with treatment % in A16)

The duration of muscle parasites, gutworms, and sensory or fibrous mechanites (all use the same mechanics) is hidden from the player though, so you won't know how long it'll last by looking.

LouisTBR

Good Going so far guys! I will try and answer a few myself, if ya don't beat me to it :P
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Spdskatr

Why is the sky blue?

I'm all seriousness, nice work with this post Louis. I don't like questions being spaced sporadically all around the forum such that I have to find them myself.

I'll also be on Discord answering you guys' questions, so go visit there as well. Maybe even pet Wolfy!

Laters!
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

silverskin

Got one.

Are cold maps doomed to become completely barren after a few game years?
I settled on a cold planet in a forested area. The temperature never goes above 5, so trees aren't growing.
One toxic fallout could kill all the trees on the map and the temperature would never rise high enough for new ones to grow.

Will the forest grow back?

carbon

Quote from: Spdskatr on January 22, 2017, 05:44:11 AM
Why is the sky blue?

Rayleigh scattering off of gas molecules in the atmosphere preferentially occurs at shorter wavelength (greens, blues, purples) causing a portion of the that part of the solar spectrum to color the entire sky during daylight hours.

Similarly, sunsets / sunrises appear yellow / orange / red (depending on your local air quality), due to Mie scattering off of fine particulate matter in the lower atmosphere (e.g. soot, smog, dust). That type of scattering preferentially causes longer wavelengths to scatter, so the sky's color shifts noticeably during those hours.

Thyme

I wonder how your map managed to have trees in the first place. I started my first tundra run a few days ago and got not a single tree. (-20°C in summer)

+5°C might do the trick for automated replanting, not sure, but it really needs to be free of snow. This us still useless, as plants need temperatures above zero to grow (and yield resources)
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

makapse

once you play on an ice sheet/sea ice map, you will come to recognize that your map has too many resources. But choosing a map with a max temp of 5C is really bad because of the temptation it creates while still being a ice sheet map. The temp max needs to be around 10C to get some resources out of them and even if everything on your map dies, new plant seeds can still fly from the map edges and create new trees if the temp is positive. Or you can attempt to create new tree life by creating some growing areas outdoor and setting them to plant the trees.

Thyme

I for example will try to build an indoor growing zone for trees. Basically a heated room with a sunlamp. There's nothing that would grow quickly enough outdoors anyway.

jdc

I built the "Attention Suppressor" trap on the map with a smaller area. I triggered a raid with dev mode and it didnt work. I built a larger version and it still didn't work. Suggestions?

Spdskatr

Quote from: carbon on January 22, 2017, 08:40:50 AM
Why is the sky blue?

Rayleigh scattering off of gas molecules in the atmosphere preferentially occurs at shorter wavelength (greens, blues, purples) causing a portion of the that part of the solar spectrum to color the entire sky during daylight hours.

Similarly, sunsets / sunrises appear yellow / orange / red (depending on your local air quality), due to Mie scattering off of fine particulate matter in the lower atmosphere (e.g. soot, smog, dust). That type of scattering preferentially causes longer wavelengths to scatter, so the sky's color shifts noticeably during those hours.
I like you already. Now explain why "this sentence is false" actually makes sense  ;D

Quote from: jdc on January 22, 2017, 07:18:26 PM
I built the "Attention Suppressor" trap on the map with a smaller area. I triggered a raid with dev mode and it didnt work. I built a larger version and it still didn't work. Suggestions?
Remember to have colonists pop out and shoot AFTER the raiders attack the walls. Tell me how you go!
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

Hirn0

Hey guys

New player started only about a week ago ( played about 100 hours in that time). I have a question about pirate bases. So I decided to raid a base to see what it was like with 3 people. well somehow I beat and also got a prisoner. Can i just take over there base now. How do i do this as it said they will reform in 24 hours? Also if they reform do they take the prison. I want more people?

Thyme

Quote from: jdc on January 22, 2017, 07:18:26 PM
My guess is that it needs a sufficient size to work at all. And the wiki is often outdated, possibly Tynan considered that an exploit and fixed AI behaviour.

Yetei

carbon

Quote from: Hirn0 on January 23, 2017, 12:51:54 AM
Can i just take over there base now[?]
How do i do this as it said they will reform in 24 hours?

I believe if you've caused the enemy at their base to retreat, you can switch back to the world map, select the base, and you'll be given the option to settle there.

Actually settling there requires that you are not already at the max number of settlements selected in the option menu (default is 1).

-----

Quote from: Spdskatr on January 22, 2017, 10:45:41 PM
Now explain why "this sentence is false" actually makes sense  ;D

Not a question.  :P

LouisTBR

Why is the sky blue?

I'm all seriousness, nice work with this post Louis. I don't like questions being spaced sporadically all around the forum such that I have to find them myself.

I'll also be on Discord answering you guys' questions, so go visit there as well. Maybe even pet Wolfy!

Laters!

Thanks very much buddy :) Have a good day/night, depending on where you are :P
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"