[A16] Steam mods won't download

Started by cheetah2003, January 19, 2017, 08:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheetah2003

As of today when I load up RimWorld, none of my Steam workshop mods work anymore, they just say 'Downloading...' in the modlist perpetually.  Totally breaks my game, guess I'm going to have to put all the mods in by hand.  This is super lame.

NolanSyKinsley

Give steam a hard restart, it should grab the mods from the workshop.

cheetah2003

Quote from: NolanSyKinsley on January 19, 2017, 08:14:42 PM
Give steam a hard restart, it should grab the mods from the workshop.
Well, that worked, sort of, the mod load order has been completely screwed up.

cheetah2003

Well, something is still screwy, cuz it's working but it literally takes like 2 minutes between the time you click the mods button and the list actually coming up.  This is all new problems as of today.

cheetah2003

Quote from: cheetah2003 on January 19, 2017, 08:54:03 PM
Well, something is still screwy, cuz it's working but it literally takes like 2 minutes between the time you click the mods button and the list actually coming up.  This is all new problems as of today.
OK I take that back, I guess it had something to do with all my local mods still loading and missing a bunch of stuff cuz steam mods weren't loading.  Once I got everything loading again, the mod list pops up pretty much instantly like before.

But it does sort of reveal some under-the-hood issue in the mod loading stuff, since it choked on itself for a long time before giving the mod list.  Y'all might consider looking into it, might not.  Probably not a big deal.

For reference and potential investigation, I believe it was caused by having Orassans and Orassans (EPOE patch) loading without the Humanoid Alien Races and EPOE itself being loaded.

BlackSmokeDMax