Fires... Oh The Fires.

Started by APBRainbowcar, January 21, 2017, 12:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APBRainbowcar

So, My Colonist are idle. Yet there's a fire and they're like "Fire? Not that bad." And we get destroyed. Yes, It's set to my home area. So they'll go for it, Right? Wrong. Am i doing something wrong or... Error? Help ME.

Goo Poni

Need to be able to fight fires, have it in the home area, have it in an allowed area and not be drafted. If drafted, they only put out fires immediately adjacent to them.

Catastrophy

Draft / undraft to make them immediately update their task list. If they still don't go for fires you should check zoning, character traits etc.

Keychan

I personally set all my pawns to 1 max priority firefighting from the start, if they can do it.  Then brush the home zone of where the fire is, if it wasn't already in it.  Select all pawns, use R or battle made twice to reset their current jobs and they should immediately go firefighting.

mrm

One of my best colonist is a pyro, he sets things on fire outside, when its raining like hell. He goes pyro even two times in a row while the same rain event :D Well, sometimes he plays with fire inside, setting fire to wooden furniture, it doesn't matter if a legendary grand sculpture is on fire, my colonist have much more important things to do, like go to sleep and ignore any fire in their way. I can wake them up and prioritize fire fighting, but as soon they extinguish one single flame, they keep going to their beds ignoring the danger and pretending they don't see this moron who tries to set things on fire with his... gun? Yep, this needs some improvement.

CrazyEyes

If you want to force a pawn to fight fires rather than sleep or whatever, just draft them and have them stand next to the burning object.  They will fight any fires in adjacent tiles unless they are incapable of firefighting.
Before you talk to me, I should warn you: I am kind of strange.

Catastrophy

Quote from: mrm on January 21, 2017, 02:58:25 PM
One of my best colonist is a pyro, he sets things on fire outside, when its raining like hell. He goes pyro even two times in a row while the same rain event :D Well, sometimes he plays with fire inside, setting fire to wooden furniture, it doesn't matter if a legendary grand sculpture is on fire, my colonist have much more important things to do, like go to sleep and ignore any fire in their way. I can wake them up and prioritize fire fighting, but as soon they extinguish one single flame, they keep going to their beds ignoring the danger and pretending they don't see this moron who tries to set things on fire with his... gun? Yep, this needs some improvement.

The way it works with jobs is they carry out their task "along the way" and don't reconsider on the way to their job. So once the pawn arrives at he bed he gets opprotunity to update the tasks. In order to make them reconsider just draft and undraft right away or put them on the job manually or draft and put next to fires.