Repair and reprogram mechanoids

Started by b0rsuk, January 20, 2017, 10:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennbolt7

That would keep people from building too many. I like it.

Keychan

Along with the corrupt core, it'd make sense of the AI core would breakdown randomly like other machinery do, just at a very low rate that increases over time. Only catch is that you would need a whole new AI core to replace the broken one. Just because our colonists can use it it doesn't mean they fully understand how it works, so they can't repair it with normal components.

Barazen

I dunno about not repairing it at all.. maybe have it at the end of a VERY long research chain, and even then the repairer needs at least 10 con 10 res to actually have a small chance of doing it? Plus expensive material cost.

That way, colonies who only just get the ability to use mechanoids can't rely on it but a colony that is stable enough can?

I dunno though i'm biased, i want to be able to take my crashed survivors to glitterworld status because they served me well, but at the same time as a player, i want to feel like i overcame all odds to get there.
Anyone else felt their heart break when a pawns marriage falls apart?
Doc & Valarie, I shipped it, she flipped it.

b0rsuk

Yet the game is called Rimworld, not Glitterworld. It's about survival on some backwater planet. Player colony catching up with a few hundred or thousands of years of research in a matter of in-game years is ridiculous.

GarettZriwin

Quote from: b0rsuk on January 25, 2017, 02:19:25 AM
Yet the game is called Rimworld, not Glitterworld. It's about survival on some backwater planet. Player colony catching up with a few hundred or thousands of years of research in a matter of in-game years is ridiculous.
Yet we can produce good quality power armors in around year after crashing.  8)