[R1.0] Signs and Memorials (v1.2.3)

Started by Kiito, January 20, 2017, 12:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiito

| Remember that one pawn who was really good at growing?
| Oh you mean H͟͞i҉͢͟r̴̨̀͞ò͟à̴̡k̴̡͢͟į?
| Yeah, he was kidnapped by those filthy pirates, probably sold into slavery or killed by now...
| If only we could build a memorial for them to honour their addition to the colony...
| You can now, you know...

Description

You want to remember what you were up to when you last played RimWorld?
Honour special pawns, but waiting on random art descriptions is just too tedious?
Or just leave future-you a note?
This mod makes all this and more possible!

Signage and memorials in all colours of the rainbow! (Disclaimer: not all colours are included in the standard packaging, no other packaging available)

Download

You can either download all versions directly from the GitHub Releases page or you can use the Steam Workshop, if you prefer that.

Notes

This mod should not conflict with any other mods, it should also be safe to add it to existing worlds.

Issues & Source

Should you find an issue with this mod or you want to look at the code, maybe tinker around a little, feel free to head on over to this mod's GitHub repository.

Changelog

• v1.2.3:

• Updated to Release 1.0
  • v1.2.2:

• Updated to Beta 19 (1.0)
  • v1.2.1:

• Updated to Beta 18
  • v1.2:

• Updated to Alpha 17
    • HugsLib dependency removed
  • v1.1:

• Nerfed beauty stat
    • Lowered resource requirements and build time
  • v1.0*:

• Initial Release

Beathrus

Hydromancerx

Serpyderpy

This is super simple but it's something I've been wanting for awhile. Thank you!

raydarken

Awesome idea, can't wait to try it out!

milon

I have really wanted something like this for a while. Thanks!

mabor0shi

Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

Simstu

Hi, I know this is kind of ,,dead topic'', but I'll try. I've got a problem with the mod, when I put the sign in front of my colony and then save the game, it won't load again. After normal half a minute loading (after the ,,Spawning things...'') it will display ,,Generating planet...'' (as if you would press ,,World'' in-game) and then it's just ,,greyscreen'' (I can't say blackscreen, becouse it's actualy grey) and I have to force-close RimWorld, becouse I'm unable to do anything. Thanks for all help. I would really want signs back to my game. :) PS : I still play on A17 (Please, don't kill me for that, I've got my reasons).

milon

Which version are you using? If you're playing on A17 then you should use the A17 version. If you don't have it, you can get all versions from the github release page:
https://github.com/MCManuelLP/RimWorld-Signs_and_Memorials/releases

Harry_Dicks

I wanted to help but what it came down to was he was once he placed a sign in game and then saved the game, the save is then broken. I figured it was possibly due to an incompatibility.

Simstu, do you have any errors?

Simstu

That's the problem. My game doesn't want to show error logs. :/

Padraig Tseng

Just downloaded from github, the zip file is empty.......

Got it working, apparently you absolutely have to open it with an unzipping program.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Padraig Tseng on March 15, 2018, 12:02:45 AM
Just downloaded from github, the zip file is empty.......

Got it working, apparently you absolutely have to open it with an unzipping program.
Hey, you seem like you might be new to the world of modding. Maybe give this a shot, it could have some resources or pointers in there to help you out https://rim-world.com/guides/how-to-install-mods/ There's some other good stuff in that site to help you get started!

If you want live help, you can try pinging me in Discord and I can help you if I'm available, or someone in my channel maybe can :)

RyanRim

Very nice and important mod for me. Nice the range is expanding.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

Ruisuki

Been looking for this. Finally found it. Nice flavor.