Lags everywhere after some time

Started by Peacekeep3r777, April 12, 2014, 11:15:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peacekeep3r777

After several hours of playing game started to lag very badly, like every second there is a freeze.

My colony:
9 people
i run several mods together (i dont think this is a problem)

I was playing fine, even with several mods, there was no problem at all. However it started to lag without any reason and i dont know why :/. I have decent gaming computer, which should handle game. I tried to solve this problem by loading saved game, it worked for like 10 seconds and then same lags as before. Anyone got same problem or solution?

ItchyFlea

I have noticed this myself, but didn't think much of it at the time. Reported on Mantis: http://ludeon.com/mantis/view.php?id=655
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Tynan

Can you post a savegame with this happening?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

harpo99999

I also have sen this in 408, BUT I also found that saveing, then closeing rimworld, then loading rimworld and the savegame gets the performance back to normal for a while

Tynan

Quote from: harpo99999 on April 12, 2014, 06:47:35 PM
I also have sen this in 408, BUT I also found that saveing, then closeing rimworld, then loading rimworld and the savegame gets the performance back to normal for a while

This could mean a lot of things. CPU heating and not cooling fast enough. Garbage collector being overloaded. And so on.

What I really need to fix this bug is a savegame with it occurring.

Peacekeep3r777

There you go Tynan. Version 409. http://www.sendspace.com/file/pxy4pe

Just load the saved game and wait like 1-2 minutes with fast game and it should start freezing (people, rain, ...). Btw you can see stack problem there as well.

I also run this mods
BetterPower+
Cremation chamber
E-Furniture300
Fertilizer pump
Medbed 1.2
Workplaces

harpo99999

as I DO monitor the cpu temps and they mave NOT exceded 50 degrees C on and i3 3240 system with the stock cooler and no overclock and have turned off the settings that allow the system to throttle back the cpu, my first guess would be toward the garbage collector, but loading the save usually re-sets the stuttering for about half an hour or so and I am having the stutters on my current phebe game with 9 settlers but as I am running several mods it might not help you track the cause down

ItchyFlea

Unfortunately this save is from 0.3.408, but it does display the bug, and without mods. Forbid the hydroponics tables, and set the speed to 3. As the colonists become idle, the FPS drop starts occurring. The more idle colonists, the worse it gets. On my system, it's difficult to notice, until you pan the screen around with WASD.

I don't have any saves from 409 or 410 that show this bug without mods running.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Tynan

Tynan

I have reproduced the problem and will fix it.