Phoebe has no permadeath mode

Started by Deathawaits4, January 20, 2017, 11:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deathawaits4

Hei so i had a issue that came up where phoebe and random guy had no permadeath option anymore, i used tons of mods. I uninstalled every mod and stopped them from downloading. So now i have a complete fresh install and random guy has perma death, but phoebe does not. I installed the game 5 times, deleting every trace of it reinstalling it and still no luck. Its realy annoying, since i have to download every mod again, but i would realy like to have this problem resolved, because thats ruining my day pretty badly.

Thank you for the help

DanielCoffey

I have just checked my clean, unmodded install which I picked up from Steam last week. All three Storytellers have the Permadeath checkbox visible at all difficulty settings. It certainly appears that there is some part of the game you must have missed uninstalling because I would expect to see the Permadeath option on a fresh install.

Have you tried installing the game to a different drive? Steam (if you use that version) will allow you to pick a new Library location.
Caselabs S8 : Intel 7700K 5.0GHz 1.30V / 32Gb DDR4 3000 / ASUS 780 Ti 3Gb 1274 boost, 7800 mem / Samsung 850 Pro 256Gb, 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb / Dell U2715H 27" 2560x1440 / Corsair AX860I / APC SMT1000I / Linux Mint 18.1 64-bit

Deathawaits4

Okay, then i definetly got something bigger going on.. i changed my drive, where i want to install it, i figured, maybe the config was broken, so i went to my save location, deleted everything from there and tried again.. nothing, it still bugs out, that does not make any sense.. I realy want to play hardcore! damn how can something like this even happen?

DanielCoffey

What OS are you using? I know that Windows, for example, squirrels all sorts of config files and logs in places like %appdata%, My Games and My Documents. Steam probably has a few nooks and crannies too.
Caselabs S8 : Intel 7700K 5.0GHz 1.30V / 32Gb DDR4 3000 / ASUS 780 Ti 3Gb 1274 boost, 7800 mem / Samsung 850 Pro 256Gb, 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb / Dell U2715H 27" 2560x1440 / Corsair AX860I / APC SMT1000I / Linux Mint 18.1 64-bit

Deathawaits4

I am using windows and i am using medieval times. It added a new difficulty, placing the hardcore mode of my other mod storry tellers out of reach.. after removing it i got it on everyone except phoebe. But in theory i should be able to start with cassandra hardcore and just swap the story teller mid game to keep hardcore mode? or just edit the save file itself.. Im tired of trying to fix this problem, espacially since no one else has this problem and i cant hope for support any time soon. Maybe if someone knows something about the medieval times mod and where it puts configs, maybe i can fix it..

Calahan

Quote from: Deathawaits4 on January 20, 2017, 11:51:31 PM
I uninstalled every mod and stopped them from downloading. So now i have a complete fresh install and random guy has perma death, but phoebe does not. I installed the game 5 times, deleting every trace of it reinstalling it and still no luck.
Are you sure you've deleted all the RimWorld files from all locations, as well as deleting the registry entries?

If you are still having problems with this then can you please follow all the steps in the OP of the following post to perform a clean reinstall and report back with the result.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4805.0

Deathawaits4

Quote from: Calahan on January 22, 2017, 06:48:28 AM
Quote from: Deathawaits4 on January 20, 2017, 11:51:31 PM
I uninstalled every mod and stopped them from downloading. So now i have a complete fresh install and random guy has perma death, but phoebe does not. I installed the game 5 times, deleting every trace of it reinstalling it and still no luck.
Are you sure you've deleted all the RimWorld files from all locations, as well as deleting the registry entries?

If you are still having problems with this then can you please follow all the steps in the OP of the following post to perform a clean reinstall and report back with the result.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4805.0

I did everything i could, so i just decided to start with kassandra permadeath and just change the storyteller mid game. I have no log i could show you, because the game doesnt log a missing permadeath button, also there is nothing missing in the game files.

Thyme

The game logs what it does, like a diary. It will definitly not hurt, but maybe help you, simply post the output_log
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Deathawaits4

Yea would be great if i had one, the output_log is not where google tells me so im kinda clueless where to look for it.

Calahan

Not sure why Google would know where the log file is, but anyway... details on where to find your log file can be found in the following thread: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0

Deathawaits4

Thats exactly where google linked me to.. and no there is no output_log

Thyme

6. Log File
Posting a log file means uploading the log RimWorld generated. Here's where to find it:

Windows (Steam): C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\output_log.txt
    Windows (non-Steam): RimWorld####Win\RimWorld####Win_Data\output_log.txt
    Mac (Steam): Users/<UserName>/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log
    Mac (non-Steam): /Users/[your user name]/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log
    Linux (Steam): /home/<UserName>/.config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Player.log
    Note: You must run RimWorld from the console or the log file will not be created.  If you don't run RimWorld from the console, you may find the log at /tmp/rimworld_log
    Linux (non-Steam): /home/[your user name]/.config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Player.log

Taken from post #1
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Deathawaits4

Well it created a log file, after my game crashed today. There was no log file before :/

https://github.com/Deathawaits4/Bug/blob/master/.gitignore

This is the log, i dont know if it is the crashlog, or the log after i fixed the crash.

Calahan

There appear to be quite a number of errors in your log. I'm not the best at identifying mod related errors, but there appear to be some references to mods in there. So either you haven't followed all the steps to perform a clean install, or Steam has messed up your clean install somehow (I don't use Steam myself, but IIUC Steam sync can and has caused issues with RimWorld in the past. So is Steam sync activated?).

Also, there appears to be a number of translation error references in your log. Can I please ask what language setting your are using, and what your system locale setting is? As there have been a few strange errors that have been fixed by changing the system local setting to English. So this might be one of those errors (or at least there's no harm in trying this if nothing else works).

Deathawaits4

I added the mods again. A modder told me that most warnings can be ignored, because there are mods that have references to other mods that you need installed or the game just ignores those references and throws a yellow warning. Ill try to change my setting to englisch, right now it is german.