(A16) Mods were gone, fixed, but error when loading them in.

Started by bones85, January 21, 2017, 07:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bones85

Goodmorning,

20-01 I tried to play rimworld at night.
I had experienced the common error of steam workshop and its mods in downloading status.
the modlist.xml was completely empty in appdata.
I performed a cleansing of the steam workshop files of content.
I felt like the game had updated itself somehow via Steam but I can't be sure.

21-01 I had uninstalled rimworld and reinstalled it.
Fixed it all together, but I had to activate all the mods again one by one.
This error followed:
https://gist.github.com/549693eb6eb1d53822f2fd9ab12d1f42

Continuing testing and reordering mods right now in order to get back to my save game.

You may handle this as a report for now.

bones85

And I can load in the save game again.

22-01 game hangs at exit to OS.

2nd time, I recognize is that the game hangs on exit for a prolonged time. Windows will report that rimworld is frozen and either 'wait for response' or to close the program.

Will report more findings if they arrive in this thread. See if they have something to do with the first error i reported.

Jamestec

Your Psychology mod install seems to be missing it's assembly file(s).

There's also an error loading HorseRIDE.xml (from HorseMod?).

You don't have to activate the mods one by one, you can extract the mods you used for a save from that save file.
When you open the save file with a text editor, the mods are under the <modIds> tag in order, copy the list over to (while RimWorld is not running) (for Windows):
C:\Users\ ... \AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config\ModsConfig.xml
And paste it under the <activeMods> tag.
Bear in mind that this won't download the mods for you, this assumes that you have the mods, but RimWorld decided to untick all your mods.

bones85

Thats a great tip, thank you.

I think I can also use it to try and load a game after a mod was deleted from steam workshop, synchronizing it so that its also removed from the mod list currently.

A challenge.

Cracker21

Im having the same problem, My mods all disappeared on me on day, In the mods list it just had a list of  "downloading..." mods. You just reinstalled your Rimworld and it fixed it?

Update: Uninstalled and reinstalled and everything is fine now.