[A16] Lose Colonist To Transport Pod Loading

Started by XeoNovaDan, January 21, 2017, 12:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeoNovaDan

So I was just loading up some new transport pods to see how far I can launch them as to get an idea of a location where to build an outpost, and I chose a single colonist called Jumper to be loaded in there (she's a somewhat decent colonist). I set up the things to be loaded, and then I opened up the world map to get the launch pod radius. After that, I cancelled the launch but Jumper still went into the transport pod, and there's no way to get her out: she's officially disappeared (she's still visible on the colonist bar). In a bid to get her out, I set up the transport pods to be deconstructed (as when I double clicked her on the bar, it'd go to a transport pod), but she still wouldn't come back after all 4 of my transport pods were deconstructed.

Savegame (too large to attach even in ZIP file): https://www.dropbox.com/s/opahmz7xwq09t8q/Congers%20%28Permadeath%29.rws?dl=0
The savegame's at the point as the pods were just about to be deconstructed, as I alt and F4'ed out as soon as the pods were deconstructed in order to do the closest I can to savescum.

Steps to Reproduce
1) Get transport pods (I had 4 pods)
2) Designate a single colonist to be loaded up
3) Cancel the loading process, let the colonist go into the transport pod
4) Deconstruct the pod to find that the colonist isn't there

NeverPire

I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

XeoNovaDan

Calahan

Thank you for the excellent bug report, and for including both save file and reproduction steps (you are spoiling us :) ).

There is already a bug thread on this issue (@ NeverPire - thanks for the assist and the link), as such I will close this thread so that discussion/feedback can be concentrated on the other thread. And thanks again for the very helpful report.