Some buildings inappropriately overlap stockpiles

Started by OmegaConstruct, January 21, 2017, 01:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OmegaConstruct

If you place a multianalyzer over a stockpile zone, the stockpile is not removed and the items that may be placed in that spot remain on top of the multianalyzer after construction. When placing production/crafting benches, any stockpile zone under the bench is removed and items in that spot are moved prior to construction, and I think it should be the same for the multianalyzer.

ruddthree

I don't think this is a bug. The multianalyzer is used to speed up research speed, and unlock new things to research, and that's it. It's not a workstation, nor is it a full block (which would override stockpiles), and things like tables and chairs don't override stockpiles, so I think this is working as intended, but I could be wrong.

Tynan

I'll call it a bug. Here's how it should work:

- Small pieces of furniture where you can see around them can overlap with stockpiles. (note that pawns won't place items on top of these things in the stockpile, but they don't need to block the stockpile either). This includes things like chairs, torches, lamps, conduits.

- Significant pieces of furniture that block a floor should not ever overlap with stockpiles. This includes things like work benches, tables, beds, multi-analyzer.

Currently some of this is being respected and some isn't. We'll need to go through and set each thing to have the right stockpile interaction, making a judgment call in each case.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

ison

Fixed, thanks.

Each thing can now define if it's possible for it to overlap zones or not.